Scoop! 1/60 VF-0S from Yamato!

MCC

Toonz..in relation the actual body I do not think this matters as much as the 1/48. They are bigger...not as tiny looking as the 1/48 "skeleton" hands.

Now also...the hands do NOT have to fold or retract in the transformation...if I remember right. Therefore they do not have to be too small unlike the 1/48.

Nani the VF-1 is high powered and lighter, the VF-0 is heavier and underpowered. The YF-21 and YF-19 had bigger surfaces and contained more sensors and advanced weapon systems not to mention aerodynamically they seem to be a lot more manueverable(mugh like the huge YF-23 compared to the relatively small F-16). Small size is not ALWAYS an advantage(I'd take a YF-23 into combat over an F-16), it's actually a limiter in some cases, but the VF-1 didn't ned to be all that big to fullfill its role and it could fulfill it better than the VF-0 due to its advancements in design and sensors. had the VF-0 been SLEEKER, had better engines, and the VF-1's sensors, THEN I would say the VF-1 would be inferior. My comparison was mainly based on aerodynamics and power, not so much size.

Now also...the hands do NOT have to fold or retract in the transformation...if I remember right. Therefore they do not have to be too small unlike the 1/48.

You are correct, the VF-0's hands do not retract into the forearms.

Graham

Nani the VF-1 is high powered and lighter, the VF-0 is heavier and underpowered.  The YF-21 and YF-19 had bigger surfaces and contained more sensors and advanced weapon systems not to mention aerodynamically they seem to be a lot more manueverable(mugh like the huge YF-23 compared to the relatively small F-16).  Small size is not ALWAYS an advantage(I'd take a YF-23 into combat over an F-16), it's actually a limiter in some cases, but the VF-1 didn't ned to be all that big to fullfill its role and it could fulfill it better than the VF-0 due to its advancements in design and sensors.  had the VF-0 been SLEEKER, had better engines, and the VF-1's sensors, THEN I would say the VF-1 would be inferior.  My comparison was mainly based on aerodynamics and power, not so much size.

314990[/snapback]

We've discussed this many times. IMO the VF-0 is only inferior to the VF-1 in a few areas. Basically handling was more delicate due to the limitations of regular jet engines as opposed to the thermonuclear engines. Range was limited, again due to the engine's reliance on conventional fuel. If thermonuclear engines had been available this would be a different case. Also, the VF-0's skin was conventional material (titanium/carbon composite) as opposed to Overtechnology material like hyper-carbon.

Remember, the VF-0 was an Overtechnology testbed for future variable fighters, so it did have some features that the VF-1 did not have such as an active stealth system.

Graham

So....no one wants a 1/48 VF-0S?

:blink:

- Jin

314854[/snapback]

[raises hand]

HERE! I WANT ONE!!! Ooooh! Me me me! :D

Yes, I know that it will be huge, but I'm fine with it. It would look nice next to my 1/48 VF-1 valks.

Hell, on that topic, 1/48 VF-11 (size of a VF-1), YF-19, and YF-21 (around the size of the VF-0). As long as they make a smaller scale version, none of you should be complaining if a larger scale is made... ;)

Graham

314996[/snapback]

then where do they go in fighter mode? :unsure:

Graham

314996[/snapback]

315091[/snapback]

I don't know if you have the hasegawas model or not but the hands look like they just make fists and are between the arms and the Backpack....The "plates" with the yellow stripes on them that cover the area between the arm and the back-pack is actually the back off the hands.

Chris

Graham

314996[/snapback]

315091[/snapback]

I don't know if you have the hasegawas model or not but the hands look like they just make fists and are between the arms and the Backpack....The "plates" with the yellow stripes on them that cover the area between the arm and the back-pack is actually the back off the hands.

Chris

315095[/snapback]

Damn, you're right! I've never noticed that before. Spun out.

Toonz, take a look at the first ep of Macross Zero when Roy first transforms the VF-0. You'll see the the hands are stored externally in fighter mode.

Hmmm...I don't recall seeing this mecha in Macross. Was it from Macross at all? Also, can someone tell me what this is --VF-0S? Is it something new in the Macross that I don't know about? Just curious and wanted to learn about what it is. So any details on it would help. Thanks everyone!

Ryver

I've come across this baby from another discussion group.  Wow, VF-0S has grown from 1/100 to 1/60.  IIRC, the length of VF-0S in fighter mode is 18.69m.  This means that the length of this baby is 31.15cm.  This is equivalent to 1/48 VF-1.  B))

313631[/snapback]

Its from Macross Zero, new OVA released about a year and a half ago.

315152[/snapback]

Actually, episode one came out in 2002. :ph34r:

315163[/snapback]

OMG...has it been that long? :ph34r:

Damn....you're right...i remmeber showing it to my 1st year college mates! HOLY *!(@&(*!@ where has the time gone? Now I'm a corporate whore..... :lol:

Graham

314996[/snapback]

315091[/snapback]

Chris

315095[/snapback]

Damn, you're right! I've never noticed that before. Spun out.

Toonz, take a look at the first ep of Macross Zero when Roy first transforms the VF-0. You'll see the the hands are stored externally in fighter mode.

315124[/snapback]

yeah! thanks! just playback that scene and the hands were indeed stored externally. now yamato better give us strong fingers to hold the gun

:D:D

Hmmm...I don't recall seeing this mecha in Macross. Was it from Macross at all? Also, can someone tell me what this is --VF-0S? Is it something new in the Macross that I don't know about? Just curious and wanted to learn about what it is. So any details on it would help. Thanks everyone!

Ryver

here is the official site, have character and mecha disign, and simple briefing

of the story in JAPANESE....

http://www.macross.co.jp/zero/

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

In regards to the VF-0 being "boring" because it really is just a VF-1 "upgraded" to look more real, I totally agree. Not that it's not impressive to look at, but it really is just a rehash of the same thing.

The YF-11, 19, 23, and the SV-51 are fantastic because they are REALLY different birds with totally new transformations...

I would have loved it if the VF-0 looked more like a Navy Phantom, an F-16, or maybe an F-18... maybe not an older fighter, but perhaps like one of the F-14's contemporaries.

Lets face it, the VF-1 is obviously based on the F-14. Twin intakes on either side of the cockpit UNDER the wing surfaces; swing-wing design; twin tail fins and dual exhausts. F-4s, F-15s and the F-18 are similar, but somewhat different in the geometry of the intakes, the ratio of nose to body, etc etc.

It really would have been interesting to see the VF-0 based on a different geometry. Something like the F-16, or the F-4 with it's funny tail section. Maybe the Harrier! VTOL Valkries that could take off vertically and transform without any forward velocity.

All I'm saying is, things could have been a lot more interesting.

I've come across this baby from another discussion group.  Wow, VF-0S has grown from 1/100 to 1/60.  IIRC, the length of VF-0S in fighter mode is 18.69m.  This means that the length of this baby is 31.15cm.  This is equivalent to 1/48 VF-1.  B))

313631[/snapback]

oh...that is good news~ hey i have been waiting this thing since i saw it on Jp magazine 2004, (1/100)......however...larger is good....yeah~ :p

In regards to the VF-0 being "boring" because it really is just a VF-1 "upgraded" to look more real, I totally agree.  Not that it's not impressive to look at, but it really is just a rehash of the same thing.

The YF-11, 19, 23, and the SV-51 are fantastic because they are REALLY different birds with totally new transformations...

I would have loved it if the VF-0 looked more like a Navy Phantom, an F-16, or maybe an F-18... maybe not an older fighter, but perhaps like one of the F-14's contemporaries.

Lets face it, the VF-1 is obviously based on the F-14.  Twin intakes on either side of the cockpit UNDER the wing surfaces; swing-wing design; twin tail fins and dual exhausts.  F-4s, F-15s and the F-18 are similar, but somewhat different in the geometry of the intakes, the ratio of nose to body, etc etc.

It really would have been interesting to see the VF-0 based on a different geometry.  Something like the F-16, or the F-4 with it's funny tail section.  Maybe the Harrier!  VTOL Valkries that could take off vertically and transform without any forward velocity.

All I'm saying is, things could have been a lot more interesting.

315554[/snapback]

meh, the zero was supposed to be a test bed for new tech. given how new the technology was it makes sense that they would build off of the front line fighter rather than trying a new design...

sides... there ain't nothing wrong with the VF-1... there's plenty of new and different designs in mac zero.

I think I actually prefer the VF-0S to the VF-1S design now.

And there certainly aint nothing boring about the VF-0D. One of the most beautiful looking fighters in all of Macross IMO.

Graham

316052[/snapback]

HI all,

I almost agree here, I prefer the canopy design better and the thrust vectoring nozzles/ feet better than the vf-1......Though that is about it for me an the 0 vs 1.......

I certainly hope we get a VF-0D . It might be easier for yamato to sculpt..actually it SHOULD BE. The wings are bigger and have a wider area, not to mention they barely even sweep like the wings on the 0S and A do. Not to mention if they tool a 2 seat cockpit, they can also use that cockpit, smack it onto 0S or A model, and BAM we get a VF-0B!!!

With 4 variations already just using different head molds and parts you have 4 different versions ASIDE from repaints! So with the VF-0 we could recieve the following.

1-VF-0S

2-VF-0A Shin(wasn't this a grayish blue?)

3-VF-0A cannon fodder(with inverse black skull tail logo or other)

4-VF-0B based on special hase kit "test type liveries" (critical wing?)

5-VF-0B cannon fodder

6-VF-0D Shin

7-VF-0D gray.

Now boys that is SEVEN different VF-0's that yamato can milk based on already existing designs(liveries).

Then

1-SV-51 DD

2-SV-51 Nora

3-SV-51 CF

4-SV-52-mentioned for the anime but not shown but hell it was probably already designed....if yamato needs to make more profit to cover cost of tooling the SV-51 mold and to compensate for having so many more VF-0's, they can simply retool the existing SV-51 parts to make the SV-52!

Not to mention

1-VF-0 accessory kit-Ghost drone, reactionary nuke missles, FAST pack parts for legs, etc.

2-SV-51 accessory kit-Booster parts and bombs and rocket pods.

I imagine the accessory kits would not cost much being that@1/60 scale, though the fighters would undoubtedly be big, the missles and such would not be as big at all. So I see them at roughly 20-30$.

So with this list folks we have a lil bit over 10 releases and those can darn well provide for nearly a whole year of macross 0 merchandise. Assuming yamato DOES choose to milk the molds for all they are worth that is...

I hope they do!

Hopefully we get monthly scans and updates from dengeki hobby! It's like 2002 all over again!(when we were all anticipating month by month the release and teaser pics and info of the 1/48).

"I imagine the accessory kits would not cost much being that@1/60 scale, though the fighters would undoubtedly be big, the missles and such would not be as big at all. So I see them at roughly 20-30$."

Of course since it's Yamato we can expect oversized packaging so we all pay through the nose for shipping, anyway! LOL!

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

"I imagine the accessory kits would not cost much being that@1/60 scale, though the fighters would undoubtedly be big, the missles and such would not be as big at all.  So I see them at roughly 20-30$."

Of course since it's Yamato we can expect oversized packaging so we all pay through the nose for shipping, anyway! LOL!

316102[/snapback]

The 1/48 FP kit box wasn't oversized though.

I prefer the VF-0S to the VF-1S in battroid mode ( detailed heads, arms, improved and modern design ) but I still prefer the VF-1S to the VF-0S in fighter mode (realistic ala F14 )

Scupuda!! :D

scoop6ie.jpg

*impersonates excited photographer in dyrl*

Been away from the forums for a while.. and knowing that this will be out is great news.

I wonder if it will be as detailed as the 1/48 vf1 releases though? What about armor, will they design this in anticipation for a possible future gbp for the vf0? What about a pilot?

If they were willing to upscale this, how about a 1/60 macross plus line? (I get the feeling that if they were to do this it would compete with sales of thier existing 1/72 releases reissues though - are people still buying these?)

The only thing I didn't like about the 1/48 vf1 were the loose wrists of the chicken hands so I will be glad the hands will be more sturdy to at least take the weight of the gunpod. And I also didn't like the 1/48's feet where the big circle thing splits in half rather than looking like the circle thing is housed deep inside/within the leg instead of part of the feet itself.

Please do not make us use stickers. Print the details on. It makes a huge difference. (my macross plus stickers are starting to come off now) Who knows, after they are done with the vf0 maybe we will see the 1/60 monster (the one in macross zero with claws)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If they were willing to upscale this, how about a 1/60 macross plus line? (I get the feeling that if they were to do this it would compete with sales of thier existing 1/72 releases reissues though - are people still buying these?)

The only thing I didn't like about the 1/48 vf1 were the loose wrists of the chicken hands so I will be glad the hands will be more sturdy to at least take the weight of the gunpod. And I also didn't like the 1/48's feet where the big circle thing splits in half rather than looking like the circle thing is housed deep inside/within the leg instead of part of the feet itself.

Please do not make us use stickers. Print the details on. It makes a huge difference. (my macross plus stickers are starting to come off now)

316270[/snapback]

Agreed.

I rather they make removeable hands non poseable hands like the 1/48 GBP than poseable chicken hands.

and I truly hope they finally do away with Stickers and finally print the most important markings on on all of their releases from now...

A 1/60 Macross plus line will be welcomed with open arms NO DOUBT... and on the contrary, 1/72 FP releases were out for a while now, did enough business and wont affect and wont BE affected by a 1/60 line.

Yeah but they reissued the mac+ vf-11 FP didn't they? So someone must be wanting more?

My guess is they will milk whatever they can from the old toys (if people are genuinely buying them, then after a long time when they can't sell them anymore: finally start on 1/60. But say if news got out about a future 1/60 line of mac+ toys, that might change a person's mind about buying another 1/72 and affect thier behaviour, know what I mean? Goal being: to make them buy everything in every scale - spacing releases being the key :D)

..though, personally I would not care about a yf-19 FP version in 1/72 if I knew for sure we'd get a 1/60 version in the future. Sucks not knowing when and what is going to come out. I was expecting new releases to just be things like a new paint scheme for the konig or a green qrau. news comes out suddenly..

I was going to spend all my money on boxes of gashapons or another VB6 monster but now I at least know what to save for. Really looking forward to seeing a whole line of perfect transformation Zero toys. (hope we see Anti-UN fighters too!)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I certainly hope we get a VF-0D . It might be easier for yamato to sculpt..actually it SHOULD BE.  The wings are bigger and have a wider area, not to mention they barely even sweep like the wings on the 0S and A do.  Not to mention if they tool a 2 seat cockpit, they can also use that cockpit, smack it onto 0S or A model, and BAM we get a VF-0B!!!

With 4 variations already just using different head molds and parts you have 4 different versions ASIDE from repaints!  So with the VF-0 we could recieve the following.

1-VF-0S

2-VF-0A Shin(wasn't this a grayish blue?)

3-VF-0A cannon fodder(with inverse black skull tail logo or other)

4-VF-0B based on special hase kit "test type liveries"  (critical wing?)

5-VF-0B cannon fodder

6-VF-0D Shin

7-VF-0D gray.

Now boys that is SEVEN different VF-0's that yamato can milk based on already existing designs(liveries). 

Then

1-SV-51 DD

2-SV-51 Nora

3-SV-51 CF

4-SV-52-mentioned for the anime but not shown but hell it was probably already designed....if yamato needs to make more profit to cover cost of tooling the SV-51 mold and to compensate for having so many more VF-0's, they can simply retool the existing SV-51 parts to make the SV-52!

Not to mention

1-VF-0 accessory kit-Ghost drone, reactionary nuke missles, FAST pack parts for legs, etc.

2-SV-51 accessory kit-Booster parts and bombs and rocket pods.

I imagine the accessory kits would not cost much being that@1/60 scale, though the fighters would undoubtedly be big, the missles and such would not be as big at all.  So I see them at roughly 20-30$. 

So with this list folks we have a lil bit over 10 releases and those can darn well provide for nearly a whole year of macross 0 merchandise.  Assuming yamato DOES choose to milk the molds for all they are worth that is...

I hope they do!

Hopefully we get monthly scans and updates from dengeki hobby! It's like 2002 all over again!(when we were all anticipating month by month the release and teaser pics and info of the 1/48).

316093[/snapback]

Quit giving Yamato ideas. :rolleyes: My wallet is already hating me. Pretty soon the GF will as well. :ph34r::o

Actually I purposely did not mention the VF-0D because it really IS DIFFERENT! It's a fantastic looking bird, and it's a shame that it didn't get as much face time as the swing-wing units.

I really liked the idea of a two-seater Valk where the weapons officer did the targetting work like an F-14. Sure is a lot more believable!

The 0D also had a much more interesting color scheme than the other models... now that I think about, it was almost Max-esque...

Just wondering should I try emailing my old contacts at Yamato about the incorrect head lasers?

They haven't spoken to me in more than a year, but I guess it can't hurt.

Graham

314178[/snapback]

Are you sure there weren't any black out periods the last time you saw them? What could you possibly have done??? :blink::p

314218[/snapback]

Well there was that incident where Graham supposedly drank his own weight in whiskey and marched up to Yamato HQ and peed on the front door... but I'm pretty sure the cameras never caught his face. :lol:

Just kidding, newbs. Graham can't drink his own weight in whiskey. It must have been beer.

314278[/snapback]

I've seen G drink. It couldn't have been beer. It must have been lemonade! :p

Edited by Guppy

jeez, I was away for 2 weeks as well and look what happens. It's true that saying: "A Watched Pot Never Boils" - or some old corny thing like that.