Does this necklace look familiar?

Kin

Aint this necklace lok familiar?

WTF does that mean?

ever tried to edit a thread title?... right

What? Can't decifer it? I'll give you a hint... the missing character is shaped like a dOnut. <_<

Edited by Kin

WTF does that mean?

ever tried to edit a thread title?... right

What? Can't decifer it? I'll give you a hint... the missing character is shaped like a dOnut. <_<

No, actually it was the "ain't" part that through me off. What, you didn't catch that? :lol:

WTF does that mean?

It means there's a lot of people on this board who's first language is not english.

No idea what Kin's background is, but in general there's so much shoddy grammar on the forum I try to ignore it and chalk it up to people who didn't grow up with english as their primary language.

http://noahlandow.com/ligament/number_thre..._key_clasp.html

http://noahlandow.com/ligament/brass_section_crossed.html

http://noahlandow.com/ligament/brass_section_lily_pad.html

hundreds of bucks for mangled part trees recast in silver

EDIT: http://noahlandow.com/ligament/bilingual_guardian.html haha, you can read the part tree that this 'ring' was made form was a 1/24 scale model

Edited by NERV

• 11 months later...

Hey guys,

Looks like this thread has been dead for a while, but thought I'd chime in anyway with my two cents.

Yeah, I know $90 sounds like a lot for a silver gun, but it's a really heavy, shiny chunk of solid sterling silver. And it costs more than you would think to get a piece like that it all nicely polished up.

And the Black Hole gun is the type carried by the sentries, not the two barrelled style the good guys use. See here for a shot of it in context. These are only $30 for the necklace or $40 for the earrings, btw. They are a lot smaller and lighter than the big gun.

The mangled part trees are actually called "sprues," btw.

And tell you what: Anyone from here who can actually identify where any weapon in the Mech collection came from get 50% off.

Later,

N.

Edited by noahlandow

And the Black Hole gun is the type carried by the sentries, not the two barrelled style the good guys use. See here for a shot of it in context. These are only $30 for the necklace or $40 for the earrings, btw. They are a lot smaller and lighter than the big gun.

404378[/snapback]

You do know that those pistols included with the 1979/80 toys are not movie correct, right? You have it backwards, the Sentinel Robots are the ones carrying the large double barreled pistols as the good guys take them from them and use them against them, they never came on board the Cygnus with those weapons. The single barreled pistol only came with the Black Hole toys and never actually exsisted in the movie, they are a made up item created by Mego. The only traditional single barreled weapon in the entire movie is used by Lt. Charlie Pizer for all of five seconds on screen as it is shot out of his hand by an unseen attacker when they board the Cygnus.

Hey guys,

Looks like this thread has been dead for a while, but thought I'd chime in anyway with my two cents.

Yeah, I know $90 sounds like a lot for a silver gun, but it's a really heavy, shiny chunk of solid sterling silver. And it costs more than you would think to get a piece like that it all nicely polished up.

The mangled part trees are actually called "sprues," btw.

And tell you what: Anyone from here who can actually identify where any weapon in the Mech collection came from get 50% off.

Later,

N.

404378[/snapback]

your stuff is really creative but waaaaay to damn expensive for silver. you can get gold pendants for those prices EASY.

nice webiste but how many have you actually SOLD? lol nice try tho

You do know that those pistols included with the 1979/80 toys are not movie correct, right? You have it backwards, the Sentinel Robots are the ones carrying the large double barreled pistols as the good guys take them from them and use them against them, they never came on board the Cygnus with those weapons. The single barreled pistol only came with the Black Hole toys and never actually exsisted in the movie, they are a made up item created by Mego. The only traditional single barreled weapon in the entire movie is used by Lt. Charlie Pizer for all of five seconds on screen as it is shot out of his hand by an unseen attacker when they board the Cygnus.

404474[/snapback]

Ah, I did not know that. It has been a really long time since I saw the movie. You have an awsome knowledge of the Black Hole weaponry usage. I wonder if Mego had that gun from another line and simply reused it? Or perhaps the designer was stumped by how to get the the figure's hand to grip the double barrelled/movie accurate type (The gun slides in from the top, I believe).

your stuff is really creative but waaaaay to damn expensive for silver. you can get gold pendants for those prices EASY.

nice website but how many have you actually SOLD? lol nice try tho

404926[/snapback]

You can def get gold plate (You could add that to any of these for around $10) but the raw cost of just 14k gold itself for the Heavy Stub Rifle is several hundred dollars. It may not be obvious that the piece is nearly two inches long. And very heavy for a necklace.

I've sold a few of these, though the branch collection is by far the most popular. This is something I do on the side mainly for fun, though, and I don't do any promotion or marketing at all. Rather spend my time making work :) These days I'm working on a new collection, tentatively called Control. Some test shots are up on Flickr if you're interested.

Mego toys are notorious for reusing things, chances are it came from something else... what else it could have come from is beyond me though. The only other 3 3/4 licenses Mego had before it went under that would sport weapons like that where Buck Rodgers and perhaps Micronauts. The only problem is that the entire Buck Rodgers toy line didn't come with guns (Buck and a few others had guns molded into holsters but they weren't removable) and the micronauts weapons where white L shaped blobs for the most part.

Who knows... Mego was not exactly "dead nuts accurate" in their sculps, nobody really was back then.

404474[/snapback]

Ah, I did not know that. It has been a really long time since I saw the movie. You have an awsome knowledge of the Black Hole weaponry usage. I wonder if Mego had that gun from another line and simply reused it? Or perhaps the designer was stumped by how to get the the figure's hand to grip the double barrelled/movie accurate type (The gun slides in from the top, I believe).

404928[/snapback]

I'd bet that's exactly why the guns are wrong, actually.

• 7 months later...
And the Black Hole gun is the type carried by the sentries, not the two barrelled style the good guys use. See here for a shot of it in context.

Dragging up the dead horse again. The double barrelled guns used by the good guys were actually weapons stolen from destroyed Sentry robots. If you recall, Reinhart destroyed the weapons belonging to the Palomino's crew. If you go and watch the movie, you will also see that the Sentry commander STAR is using them also. As for toy manufacturer Mego, glad they're gone.