Just Watched Jurassic Park Again

NERV

Does anyone else remember hearing on the news some years ago, a find where some people dug up a velociraptor skeleton that was T-rex size?

They found the ARMS of an unknown species of raptor.

It wasn't an even marginally complete skeleton, or a velociraptor(which is a specific species in the raptor group).

Strange question that science may not know the answer to: where dinos concious enough to see the death of others and in turn fear and run? I'd think if you were fool enough to be found in a heard of raptors and you chopped one or two with a lightsaber the rest would just bum rush you and swarm your ass. I know a lot of animals out there don't quite pick up that it is you killing their cohorts and they just pack attack you anyway. I'd imagine if you lopped off a raptor's arm or something not immediately fatal it would run away from you knowing firsthand what you are capable of... but would it be smart enough to realize you killed one of it's pack and from that action know what you could do? Where dino's really that smart?

would it realy matter? fighting something that travels in packs solo is not a good thing. also melee fighting for something that can smash you just from falling on you if you killed it is also not good (stabs elephant with lightsaber then gets crushed by the massive chunk of dead flesh).

If I was going into a jungle/forest infested with Raptors and T-Rexes, I wouldn't feel safe in anything less then a light armoured vehicle like a Hummer or Truck (a tank would be best).

A hummer with a Browning .50 or 7.62 Minigun (ammo would take up most of the space and weight though) would show em Raptors who's da boss. I think a minigun would shave even the biggest T-Rex into 2 pieces with a 1-2 sec burst! I'm pretty sure the .50 would mangle a T-Rex pretty well too.

How effective are Ak-47s and M16s against elephants? I read that poachers use AK-47s to kill elephants. Not sure how fast it does the job though.

Oh yeah, strap some Claymore's onto the sides of the vehicle. That show spoil the Raptor packs' day.

Yeah, poachers use Ak-47's and the like all the time. The idea is to just put a lot of bullets into them really fast, rather than rellying on one big bullet.

Strange question that science may not know the answer to: where dinos concious enough to see the death of others and in turn fear and run? I'd think if you were fool enough to be found in a heard of raptors and you chopped one or two with a lightsaber the rest would just bum rush you and swarm your ass. I know a lot of animals out there don't quite pick up that it is you killing their cohorts and they just pack attack you anyway. I'd imagine if you lopped off a raptor's arm or something not immediately fatal it would run away from you knowing firsthand what you are capable of... but would it be smart enough to realize you killed one of it's pack and from that action know what you could do? Where dino's really that smart?

The movie made them out to be nearly peaple smart.

I'd think if you were fool enough to be found in a heard of raptors and you chopped one or two with a lightsaber the rest would just bum rush you and swarm your ass.

ZERG RUSH KEKEKE!

OMG WTF HAX!!!!! ZERG RUUUUSH!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!11111 :lol:

Ah Starcraft, good times, good times. :)

Realistically I wouldn't want to go anywhere near a place like Jurassic Park. With my luck, just when I arrive you get everything set up for a big disaster like in some kind of cheesy movie... :ph34r:

Actually, the aquisition of DNA was kinda silly. Tree sap doesn't stop biological processes. The blood would break down in the little bastage's stomach.
Chicken and rice, I think. And the amino acid was lysene.

JB0, you ever go to a bar/sports bar/restaurant where they have those NTN trivia games? I'd bet you'd kill at those. (FYI, I Countdown at my local Buffalo Wild Wings all the time).

my last weapon of choice if i had to battle a t-rex would be a shotgun, anyone care to disagree?

I'll disagree! I can think of several weapons I'd rather have the shotgun over. Butterfly knife, nunchucks, a bow and arrow, slingshot, pretty much any kind of staff, taser, etc...

how about a lightsaber? take down 1 or 2 with that and the rest will be scared shitless

No way, man. No Raptor is getting within 50 feet of me, much less within lightsaber range.

yeah but see, its not that i'd just have a lightsaber, i'd also have my jedi powers. :lol:

if a t-rex could walk the earth again, then i'll be flying in my valkyrie, jump out of the cockpit in mid flight, ignite my lightsaber, and cut the t-rex in half! :p

same thing would happen if it was a pack of raptors, but this time, i'd use my force powers to pick one of them up, then swing him around smacking the crap out of the rest of the pack, then i tossed him into the air, jump up 20 feet and cut that mofo in half too!. B)):lol:

why a butterfly knife and nunchucks? by the time you get the knife opened its proly too late and end up in a steaming brown pile and if you use nunchucks you end anger it. I wouldnt get close to use it on a wild dog.

edit: forgot to add my last wep would be a good ole elephant gun that british used on saffari.

Edited by Zentrandude

my last weapon of choice if i had to battle a t-rex would be a shotgun, anyone care to disagree?

I'll disagree! I can think of several weapons I'd rather have the shotgun over. Butterfly knife, nunchucks, a bow and arrow, slingshot, pretty much any kind of staff, taser, etc...

wise ass. <_<

;):p:lol:

But the fossil footprints show that, whether or not it makes sense, the T Rex DID run at full speed.

Hell, the full speed estimate is BASED ON THE FOOTPRINTS.

Maybe... they just took very big strides. Very big and careful strides. You know, so not to hurt the noggin. Or perhaps they bounded fancifully from place to place. Careful bounding, of course.

Not to the face!

-Al

no but there was an Bow and Arrow and a kinife i think. Still just as useless against a MGRexx. You would need the Railgun from turok to ensure the job is done right. There were poachers in it too that tried to be ninja like.

If they made a game where you fight Dinosaurs with nunchaku I would buy it in 2 seconds.

I don't think the structure of T-Rex's stubby arms allows it swing nunchaku effectively.

-Al

well... I meant as a person! :p

Ninjas vs Pirates vs Dinosaurs!

I'll second that! Let's get that proposal to Capcom...

If they made a game where you fight Dinosaurs with nunchaku I would buy it in 2 seconds.

I don't think the structure of T-Rex's stubby arms allows it swing nunchaku effectively.

-Al

Think bigger! Pirates Vs. Ninja Dinosaurs!!

-Al

Transformer Ninjas vs. Pirate Dinosaurs... in Hell!

-Al

Coming this fall to a theater near you.

-Al

Coming this fall to a theater near you.

Director: Uwe Boll. :unsure:

OK, how about shooting the damn T-Rex from a hovering heli with Rambo's explosive tipped bow and arrow combo?

Ah yes, a non-jammable backup weapon? How about a Hatori Hanzo blade?

I'd sure like to see Bruce Lee with nunchuks vs a single Raptor. *whap* *whap* *whap* *aiiyyyeeee my arm! my arm!*

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

I got another piece of hardware in mind...

Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) !!

m26-mlrs.jpg

with that awesome "rain of steel" , they'll only need about 4 for the whole island, parked near the shoreline. :lol:

no way ANY dino's gonna live through that :lol:

...on the down side, anybody that doesn't get out of the fire zone's hamburger meat. :ph34r:

Edited by UN_MARINE

I thought the game they made like that was turok.

ARGH! Turok!

The only first-person shooter that made me motion sick. Actually when I played it, I made myself get violently motion sick for over 12 hours (including feeling sick in my sleep and dreams during part of that twelve hours). :( I also made my two other friends get motion sick. :ph34r:

I hated that game. Damned motion sickness-inducing pile of steaming crap. <_<

I hated that game. Damned motion sickness-inducing pile of steaming crap. <_<

Wuss. That game was fun. Especially once you got the minigun. I loved that friggin thing. Made me feel like I was Jesse Ventura. Now one of those would be fun to kill a dino with. Especially from a helicopter.

I hated that game.  Damned motion sickness-inducing pile of steaming crap. <_<

Wuss. That game was fun. Especially once you got the minigun. I loved that friggin thing. Made me feel like I was Jesse Ventura. Now one of those would be fun to kill a dino with. Especially from a helicopter.

It's not that the game in itself was bad. It's just that it's the only first-person shooter to make me motion sick. I've played through Wolfenstein 3D, every Doom game before 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Half-life, Counterstrike, Counterstrike Source, Duke Nukem 3D, Corridor 7, some first-person Star Wars games, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, and Turok 2.

None of these other ones made me sick. Just the first Turok. The ironic thing is that I never got sick on Turok 2. Go figure. :rolleyes:

And when I mean sick, I mean I felt I was going to heave my guts out. Like when you drink something reaaaaaally gross, or eat some bad food and you puke your guts out everywhere. Or when you're sick with a bad fever and your mouth starts filling with saliva in prepation to blow chunks all over the place.

I'd rather use the force from a remote location out of reach of all Dinosaurs. Force lift a T-rex, watch him squirm a bit, then drop him from a fatal height. Rip up trees and shoot them through the forest. Zap a whole pack of raptors with force lightning... All without needing to get in lightsaber range or having to use a gun.

Actually, in the book (the first one), they did use a rocket launcher on the raptors. They used the M72 LAW (Light Anti-tank Weapon). Muldoon (the Australian guy in the movie) fired a tranq rocket from the LAW at the Rex and he used the AT rockets on the raptors. The velociraptors where supposed to be "slow bleeders" or something (it's been four years since I read the book) and they wouldn't die right away. The raptor would be kind of like a terminator and just keep attacking you. The main problem with using a LAW is limited ammo. I think they barely had enough to stop the raptors.

In a hypothetical situation, my anti-dino weapons of choice would be,

-M2 BMG

-Barret M82A1A

-Minigun (forgot the proper name. Have to be mounted in a vehicle and have a sh!t load of ammo)

-MG42 (have to be mounted in a vehicle too. lots of ammo and some extra barrels would be required.)

-RPK

-AK47

-M203 (might have it attached to an M4A1 with AP ammo, but I don't know)

-MP5 in 10mm

-M870 w/ slugs

-The grenade lancher portion of the XM-29

-H&K USP (probably in .40. Do they come in 10mm?)

-.44 Magnum

-Armat M41-A pulse rifle :D

-Plenty of ammo

Obviously, I wouldn't be able to take all of these with me, but these would probably be the assortment of weapons I would choose from.

I'd probably have some sort of anti-tank weapons too, but my knowledge of them is quite limited.

BTW, I think there was a whole book dedicated to the science behind JP.