got first Valk need help!

renegadeleader1

I just recently bought a VF-1S Roy Focker valkyrie and I was wondering if you guys could tell me about it.

Its the Japanese one not HG's

Its a 1/55

It has a head kinda blocky like skyfires

not much in the way of extras other than heat shield and missiles

paid about $100 american

cockpit doesn't open on hindge but has a peg for what I guess is half a pilot (pilot not included)

metal parts wheels and legs joints

What I want to know is 4 things

Who made it?

what can I do to customize it?

did I over pay?

Anyone want it for a VF-1 J,A,S, Brownie or know where I can get a brownie in Boston?

i assume you're speaking of the re-release version by bandai....

if you paid $100 for the non-strike version, you got hosed. they usually go for about $40.

if you got the Super 1S(thats the one with all the armor) you sort of got robbed but not nearly as bad, they usually go for around $65 or so.

again, this info is only for the re-release 1/55's from bandai. theres much more variety if you find the originals.

Edited by haterist

weird... renegadeleader you've been on these boards forever and you don't know whata bandai is?

here's a link on how to customize one to a VF-1D maybe it'll help.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/submis...nnan/vf-1d.html

hey its my first one and truthfully I don't have a clue what the dif is between a yammato a bandai and a takatoku

:blink::(

weird... renegadeleader you've been on these boards forever and you don't know whata bandai is?

hey its my first one and truthfully I don't have a clue what the dif is between a yammato a bandai and a takatoku

but that's what I mean... you've had these resources for a while now.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1...comparisons.htm

and leb's site is down, would have been a good link to point to. <_<

you should familiarize yourself with this info HERE if you want to know the differences between all the different valks out there. :)

:o you spent a hundred on this one? that is way to much money. for alittle bit more you could have got a yamato 1/48

chris

it comes in a white box with black and yellow trim and half a mac symbol next to the window. back has pics of the three modes

EDIT: this one

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/vf-1s_bandai.html

yup, you got hosed at 100 bucks!! Dang, you should've asked us first here! You can get these at 40 bucks or even cheaper now!

and worse if you try to sell it you will never truly be able to get your money back on it. :(

I thought I was getting hosed but I said what the hell its my first VALK! At least its a memorable one :D At least it transforms unlike that ARII crap figure I bought.

(my sad attempt to look on the bright side <_< )

haha, you actually bought that arii figure? Man when those came out I was excited about it, but when I looked at it up close, I was like damn these look like crap!!! And they can't even transform! <_< Sorry that this had to happen to you man. I guess you live and learn!! Now you need to come back here more often and do more research before you buy! ;):p:D:lol:

true if you ever need anything please ask we will always be able and willing to help a fellow Macross fan. it sucks when stuff like this happens i know you are not made of money and really want your hard earned cash to go to something truly worthy, stuff like this sucks.

i am also in Massachusetts, remind me to avoid them <_<

Edited by zeo-mare

US $100 for a Bandai VF-1S?  Where did you buy it in Boston?  Tokyo Kid in Harvard Square?

yes Toyko kid in Harvard Square

Oh no... Tokyo Kid is known for their outrageous prices. I've spent the past 5 years living in Boston and have yet to find a hobby shop with decent prices in the area. Hence, I only buy toys online or when I return to Hong Kong.

Oh well, now you know and should avoid them in the future. For online purchases, you can try Kevin@valkyrie-exchange.com, EBay, or HLJ.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear that renegadeleader1. I also almost fell for an overpriced valk:

110 bucks for a Ben MPC from Toynami. Good thing I contained my Robotech itch and started to search for reviews on them and found this site. Thanks to Graham reviews and this forum I learned that the MPC's where overpriced boxes and discovered the existance of the 1/48 (I've wanted something like a 1/48 since I was a kid).

Thanks guys.

the only other new bandai valks that come with super armor are the 1J max(blue) and 1J millia(red). 

I've never seen a Bandai Max or Millia come with super armor, only the VF-1s. Is that correct?

you're absolutely right, oh my bad, i was thinking of the yammies.

correction: there are no bandai max and millia super 1J. :)

my condolences to yet another tokyo kid victim. my girlfriend (who's in college at boston) nearly bought me one of those 99 USD bandais, but i stopped her in time. she wound up getting me a couple of gundam 1/144 seed destiny model kits (5.95 a pop), from the same place though.

now i do all my toy shopping in boston over at the TRU in alewife. and the kbtoys in cambridgeside galleria ... no macross though.

EDIT: wow my little spiel here has been singularly unhelpful. apologies.

Edited by shiyao

Dude, that sucks. But oh well. Pay an extra $40 and you would've got the 1/48 yammie. But oh well. Dont feel bad. I bought my MPC Rick for MSRP. :angry: After that, it was hell no to MSRP. Bought most the MPCs for $50 except the VF-1S for $60.

the only other new bandai valks that come with super armor are the 1J max(blue) and 1J millia(red). 

I've never seen a Bandai Max or Millia come with super armor, only the VF-1s. Is that correct?

you're absolutely right, oh my bad, i was thinking of the yammies.

correction: there are no bandai max and millia super 1J. :)

I was about to say something...

as for the $100 vf-1s... Yeah you over paid but it's only a mistake if you don't learn from it. Also there was a time not that long ago when a joon's sold for more than $100 and bandais were something only the rich could afford.

also keep in mind that most of us have gotten hosed one way or another... even my cheap ass. I've added a few "craptacular" pieces to my collection for money that would have been better spent on more bandai's LOL. I have a pile of things I'm ashamed to have purchased because I didn't know better at the time. Heck... one or two ebay auctions I paid for the item and not shipping because it wasn't worth having period so I'd let them sell it again and consider it a learning experience that I should pay attention to what I'm bidding on and always read the item description. I've also gotten some deals that would make the seller cry if only they knew so it works out on average I guess. :unsure:

anybody want to trade something for 2 loose smaller transforming cyclones :rolleyes:

but that's what I mean... you've had these resources for a while now.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1...comparisons.htm

and leb's site is down, would have been a good link to point to. <_<

Leb's thread is still here on the boards, though:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=226&st=0

It's a pretty complete, though not entirely up to date, thread. Hope this helps.