got first Valk need help!

renegadeleader1

the only other new bandai valks that come with super armor are the 1J max(blue) and 1J millia(red). 

No, they are stand-alone packs. There is only one FAST pack-equipped Bandai reissue, that is the white (not grey) V-1S.

EDIT -- Sorry, this had already been mentioned. Ignore this post. -_-

Edited by Renato

Im lucky I came from a background of doing research and did this before collecting again. Otherwise I think I would have been in your shoes as well. Dont feel to bad about it thou. You will probably find deals in the long run that will make up for it and laugh about this later.

the only other new bandai valks that come with super armor are the 1J max(blue) and 1J millia(red).

This is got to be incorrect! The only other new Bandai that come with super armor? 1J's? r'You Crazy?

I was never aware of a new release of Max&Miria that included armor. I got the the new M&M Bandai, not to say it took me almost 2 years to get them. I believe you're wrong, you must be smokin' the bad stuff. :lol:

Vic...

I feel bad for the kid that overpaid the valk, but we all know that every once in a while we pay way more for our models/toys than we were suposed to. Call it the heat of the moment if you will.

what is the moral here? :lol:

US $100 for a Bandai VF-1S?  Where did you buy it in Boston?  Tokyo Kid in Harvard Square?

yes Toyko kid in Harvard Square

Yikes!! I also avoid them. Sure wish Day Old Antiques was still around......or even Anime Crash.......

But anyway, try to return it. Say you got it as a present and the person already had one just like it......worth a shot.....'specially for that cash!

Hey RL1,

I'd try and return that toy if possible, but if they won't take it I'd just shake it off. If you are serious about collecting some Macross toys you'll be spending more on better items down the road.

Don't let this sour you on collecting. With a little research and keeping your eyes open you'll probably get some good bargains as you go along too.

Enjoy the toy you have for now. They really are solid, well built and hey..that's the old school valk most of us grew up with and loved.

When you get a chance, buy a Yamato 1/48 valk. This is a good time for you if you like the brownie because that will be released in August.

Check on these boards for some trusted sellers and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Good luck in your future collecting!

Well maybe in like 30 years when nobody remembers macross, toys companies no longer make enough money to release toys of macross, you will get your money's worth on ebay selling that as some rare collectible to some super rich guy who is new to macross and dosn't mind paying high prices for things because of thier paycheck and the time they can't spend watching prices.

But for now let the misery flow, it helps to let it all out :D May as well just keep it.

There are places here in australia (tiny import stores) that sell stuff 3 times and more thier worth. A chunky munky for $250($191USD as of this writing) for example or a banpresto for $60 ($46USD at the time of this writing) which to me is insane.

I can't believe they even sell stuff though. But they do. Can you imagine a parent with thier kid going into one and seeing all the outrageous prices? haha

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

alright dudes, how many times can i say I'M WRONG.

i better go edit my post. :rolleyes:

your not that wrong. My re-issue bandai milla came with fast packs...

but thats just cause chowser threw in a set of jetfire armor :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... I'm surprised nobody mention ebay as a way to check prices. Completed items is a great way to see how much you can get something for [on ebay at least]. Ebay is typically cheaper than retail, but not always. heck... just check out whats availible now and don't worry about completed unless your selling http://search.ebay.com/vf-1s-bandai_W0QQso...ntrypageZsearch