262 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

So XBox 360 Core System is $299.99 and comes with 2 controllers (one wireless, one w/wire). While the XBox 360 is $399.99, comes with one controller (wireless), and a hard drive. The HDs being $99.99, the wireless controllers being $49.99, and the wired controllers being $39.99.

From the looks of it all, I'll probably be going with the XBox 360 Core System. It comes with two controllers instead of one...and I could just pay $100 and get a HD (for a total of about $400). If I went the "XBox 360" route, I'd have to pay about $450 just so I could have two controllers and the HD. On top of that, I don't have a HD TV or anything of the sort so I don't need those HDAV cables. And the headset that came with XBox Live should be able to work with the XBox 360...right? So yea...I think I'll save myself $50 and go with the XBox 360 Core System.

Edited by Oihan

So XBox 360 Core System is $299.99 and comes with 2 controllers (one wireless, one w/wire). While the XBox 360 is $399.99, comes with one controller (wireless), and a hard drive. The HDs being $99.99, the wireless controllers being $49.99, and the wired controllers being $39.99.

From the looks of it all, I'll probably be going with the XBox 360 Core System. It comes with two controllers instead of one...and I could just pay $100 and get a HD (for a total of about $400). If I went the "XBox 360" route, I'd have to pay about $450 just so I could have two controllers and the HD. On top of that, I don't have a HD TV or anything of the sort so I don't need those HDAV cables. And the headset that came with XBox Live should be able to work with the XBox 360...right? So yea...I think I'll save myself $50 and go with the XBox 360 Core System.

323136[/snapback]

That brochure is wrong. Core has one wired controller. That's all.

323136[/snapback]

323200[/snapback]

You have an XBox 360 Core System? How would you know if the brochure is wrong? Maybe it's part of their marketing ploy....who knows. ...If it is wrong, I'd probably go with the full thing then. I'm going to be paying $450 by the end of the day either way I go.

Edited by Oihan

323136[/snapback]

323200[/snapback]

You have an XBox 360 Core System? How would you know if the brochure is wrong? Maybe it's part of their marketing ploy....who knows. ...If it is wrong, I'd probably go with the full thing then. I'm going to be paying $450 by the end of the day either way I go.

323225[/snapback]

Because every other press release, pre-order, photo of the boxes, etc. indicate otherwise. The photos of the final packaging has been released as well. Core has a wired controller. One of them. If it was indeed sold the way you describe in the brochure then yes, it's a better deal...but it isn't.

Core packaging

Fully Loaded Package

Edited by Gaijin

323136[/snapback]

323200[/snapback]

323225[/snapback]

Because every other press release, pre-order, photo of the boxes, etc. indicate otherwise. The photos of the final packaging has been released as well. Core has a wired controller. One of them. If it was indeed sold the way you describe in the brochure then yes, it's a better deal...but it isn't.

Core packaging

Fully Loaded Package

323269[/snapback]

We'll see come launch time.

Most credible rumor right now is the pressure-sensitive handles, but it's still just rumor. I do think it'd be nice if they'd show the damn thing.

The new rumor is that it'll debut 9-18 at the fall TGS.

And that it'll use a combination of gyroscopes and motors to provide tilt resistance.

Fits with tech that they patented back in 2003...

Most credible rumor right now is the pressure-sensitive handles, but it's still just rumor. I do think it'd be nice if they'd show the damn thing.

And that it'll use a combination of gyroscopes and motors to provide tilt resistance.

323513[/snapback]

Mmm... last rumor I saw was a pretty obvious mis-interpretation of a recent patent for a GameBoy with integrated tilt sensor.

323513[/snapback]

Mmm... last rumor I saw was a pretty obvious mis-interpretation of a recent patent for a GameBoy with integrated tilt sensor.

323517[/snapback]

I think this one's fresh.

I'm holding out for revolution just because of nintenod's back catalog. Plus i've already spent to much money on my pc to really justify buying another console. Not so sure about PS3 because Jonh Carmack said it was a bitch to program for. It will take a long time before developers actually make games that use the full power of the PS3 and by that time newer systems will be out.

Not so sure about PS3 because Jonh Carmack said it was a bitch to program for. 

Other systems that have been bitches to program for include the 2600, Genesis, and PS2.

It will take a long time before developers actually make games that use the full power of the PS3 and by that time newer systems will be out.

NO SYSTEM in the entire history of gaming has EVER been fully utilized.

With the PS2 it was like a year or so before the system had a library to make actually buying the console worthwhile, wich made the early death of the Dreamcast, wich already had a growing library of great games, sting all the more.

Not saying that will happen with this new generation, but it is a valid concern.

So, who's getting the OMEGA bundle? :p

:o(click smiley)

324697[/snapback]

I find it amusing that most of the bundles Gamestop is serving up include a product replacement plan... figure that if you bought all that junk without it, you'd actually spend less on the cheaper bundles, or at best break spend the same. I also am amused by the fact that they tell you what games you're getting in the bundle, but they also say that if they run out of a particular title, they replace it with another at their discretion. In other words, you're MUCH better off actually going to a physical Gamestop, reserving the 360 of your choice (which is probably the $400 one), and then reserving the games you want.

Just a little side rant...but why are places like EB and Gamestop going with these uber-expensive bundle deals, while not even offering a basic system to order online by itself? They did it with the PSP and now with the XBOX360, PS3.....

Whatever happened to just buying the basic? Why do I need all this other junk to go with my gaming machine?

Twich

Just a little side rant...but why are places like EB and Gamestop going with these uber-expensive bundle deals, while not even offering a basic system to order online by itself?  They did it with the PSP and now with the XBOX360, PS3.....

Whatever happened to just buying the basic?  Why do I need all this other junk to go with my gaming machine?

Twich

324723[/snapback]

Because they can, profit margins on accessories, many reasons, not the least of which is because if they all do it, you have no choice. They are cashing in on people who want to have it first and fast. They know they can only presell as many units as they can get, and all of the retailers are limited in the same way. They also know that demand at release on many game systems is higher than supply in major metropolitan areas. So if the supply is limited and they make you buy a bunch of high profit margin crap peripherals with the system, they are still going to sell, they are going to make more money and lots of people are going to buy some garbage they would not have purchased if they were a little more patient.

Personally, these bundle deals are all the incentive I need to just suck it up and wait till the system is released and buy them when they are plentiful on store shelves.

Just a little side rant...but why are places like EB and Gamestop going with these uber-expensive bundle deals, while not even offering a basic system to order online by itself?  They did it with the PSP and now with the XBOX360, PS3.....

Whatever happened to just buying the basic?  Why do I need all this other junk to go with my gaming machine?

Twich

324723[/snapback]

I can't speak for EB, and as for Gamestop... well, the online business is almost like an entirely seperate company. All I can say is that, in the store, you can reserve just the console (the $300 or the $400), and only the games you want (if any). No reserves on accessories yet.

I would bet that the bundle reserves are insurance.

They want to make darn sure that they move the launch titles.

If one of them turns out to be a real dog, everything they slapped in a pre-sell bundle is gone anyways.

From Magicbox Aug31 :

P L A Y S T A T I O N 3

- EGM interviewed Square Enix director Yoshinori Kita, regarding to the possibility of a PS3 remake of Final Fantasy VII; He said it would take a team of 300 people to develop the remake in the quality of PS3, and the development would last 5 years. He has so many other projects in the pipeline and a FFVII remake would be a heavy task. He commented if the timing is right, it is a very interesting perspective. It seems Square Enix's first PS3 project is presumably Final Fantasy XIII, instead of the FFVII remake.

- EGM reported a rumor that Sega is working on a new installment of Crazy Taxi for PS3 and Xbox 360, the game will be online and the release date is set to Autumn 2006.

More in the link.

From Magicbox Aug31 : 

P L A Y S T A T I O N  3

- EGM interviewed Square Enix director Yoshinori Kita, regarding to the possibility of a PS3 remake of Final Fantasy VII; He said it would take a team of 300 people to develop the remake in the quality of PS3, and the development would last 5 years. He has so many other projects in the pipeline and a FFVII remake would be a heavy task. He commented if the timing is right, it is a very interesting perspective. It seems Square Enix's first PS3 project is presumably Final Fantasy XIII, instead of the FFVII remake.

1125040008442.gif

Appears Squeenix is sick of the clamoring of fanboys.

From Magicbox Aug31 : 

P L A Y S T A T I O N  3

1125040008442.gif

324891[/snapback]

And why not? I know I'm sick of Squeenix's fanboys (and girls, since their games seem to have more female fans than other series... you think the stream of bishounen protagonists might have something to do with that <_< ).

Edited by mikeszekely

From Magicbox Aug31 : 

P L A Y S T A T I O N  3

1125040008442.gif

324891[/snapback]

And why not? I know I'm sick of Squeenix's fanboys (and girls, since their games seem to have more female fans than other series... you think the stream of shonen protagonists might have something to do with that <_< ).

324961[/snapback]

I'm sick of them too, don't get me wrong.

Just didn't expect Squeenix to essentially come out and say "We aren't doing it, now leave us alone."

I think you were looking for bishonen, BTW.

*still annoyed at the death of the never-officially-announced Parasite Eve sequel/remake*

I won't go into the million and one reasons why I think FFVII isn't fit to wipe my magnificent backside with, but I wholeheartedly support their decision. They're already making something like three games and a CG movie that directly relate to FFVII (Advent Children, CD, the game about the turks, and the game about Zack). I wish they would quit beating a seriously dead horse and focus on making sure FFXII doesn't suck.

-Jeremy

(who will seriously start throwing poop at people who think Aerith's death was eye-watering... well it was.. eye-wateringly bad animated, but again.. that's another story...)

I won't go into the million and one reasons why I think FFVII isn't fit to wipe my magnificent backside with,

I'd file it as mediocre.

Hardly a great game, but far from the worst.

325320[/snapback]

I suppose I could give it THAT much credit... it's certainly better than FFIX (but no one seems to hype that one, so I don't really say much about it)

From magicbox :

P L A Y S T A T I O N 3

- Sony confirmed that PlayStation 3 will support both keyboard and mouse, players can play PS3 titles such as Unreal Tournament 2007 with the keyboard and mouse. The PSP can also be used as a remote device for PS3.

- The Inquirer reported that the PlayStation 3 Development Kit costs about 25000 euro. Sony currently has around 100 dev. kits available in Europe, the number will increase to 1000 by the end of the year.

I won't go into the million and one reasons why I think FFVII isn't fit to wipe my magnificent backside with,

I'd file it as mediocre.

Hardly a great game, but far from the worst.

325320[/snapback]

I suppose I could give it THAT much credit... it's certainly better than FFIX (but no one seems to hype that one, so I don't really say much about it)

325335[/snapback]

Funny, because FF9 was the only PS1 FF I actually liked, and the only one of the 3 I've seen fit to keep around...