Gundam Ms igLoo

Wow... I just watched the first eposide of Ms igLoo, a complete 3D CG movie with lots of eye candies. That's kinda interesting in seeing the early pre-MS battle from Zion's view point. It has one of the most spectacular battleship vs battleship fight!

The eps are all in CG and is about 27 minutes. There are time when it feels like you're playing a rpg gundam game and is just in a cut sene before the battle.

I didn't really enjoy ep 1 as the ships are moving way too fast, but it was nice to see Char.

But I love ep2, The desert battle with 1 mobile Tank vs a buch of Zakus is very very good.

This show is pretty damn awesome. It makes me glad that they are finally getting that there are two core Gundam audiences, the ones pre-1995 that watched UC shows (that are older and want something with more substance like Igloo) and the newer fans that watch more of the flashier stuff like Seed.

The animation of the CG characters feels a bit unnatural and unsettling (especially with the first episode) but the main attraction is the mecha. The space battles are pretty damn impressive and are on the par of stuff from Legend of Galactic Heroes and Yamato 2520 (which are more on the realistic side).

With the amount of detail they show each mecha and the seriousness with how they approach battles, I think this is as close to the feeling of MS Era and Sentinel Gundam that we will ever get.

I just realized why MS Igloo has the feel of stuff like MS Era, Gundam Sentinel and Char's Counterattack. Both Hajime Katoki and Yutaka Izubuchi are involved in design work on this project, with Izubuchi acting as supervisor. The director of the 0083 OAV series, Takashi Imanishi, is also director on Igloo. Izubuchi was responsible for a majority of the mecha designs in Char's Counterattack.

With Gundam veterans like that on board, no wonder it's as well put together as it is.

Am I the only one getting a "got bad file info" error on the second ep? First one downloaded without incident, but the second torrent doesn't work for me.

Me too. :(

Looks like no one is home.

I just rechecked the BT links and there's still lots of Seeds , it's still alive.

OK, it was the torrent program I was using that wasn't picking up anything. I switched to another and now I'm on my way.

That was pretty damned bad.

Completely soulless character animation, poorly moving mecha and battle animation, annoying characters, and overall completely uninteresting.

Another crappy addition that the already dragged out UC didn't need.

Edited by Panon

That was pretty damned bad.

Completely soulless character animation, poorly moving mecha and battle animation, annoying characters, and overall completely uninteresting.

Another crappy addition that the already dragged out UC didn't need.

wow did we watch the same thing?

I thought it looked good. Especialy the mecha scenes what I could understand of the plot sounded interesting, Personally I would like to see a subbed version before I make any further judgements.

Edited by Father Jack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...