Gundam Ms igLoo

Same issue here with this damn Matroska crap. What's a matter with plain ol' .avi files? Can convert those easy enough an burn to a DVD to watch on my set, but these are a pain.

....and I have a Mac to boot! Which makes it even more fun! <_<

DL'ed some sort of mkvtool kit, but have to use "Terminal" (which is DOS-like) to convert the stuff........think I'll just learn Japanese and stick with my raw ISOs.

I had a similar problem until I download some special codecs for it. I found the download link at BoxTorrents in the thread for a4e's The Cat Returns v2. The topic is here:

http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=128238

And the codec pack, recently updated, is downloadable here:

http://cccp.kickassanime.org/

363634[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't that helps me because I run VLC on Mac. It looks like all fo those codecs are for Win?

Guys, i use the Klite Codec Pack. It uninstalls all your misc codecs and installs its own filters so all your junk codecs in your registry will be removed. Klite plays just about anything on the internet , even Quicktime and Realplayer on media player classic so you don't have to download QT and RP players.

I had no problems playing anything after installing it.

http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

After installing/uninstalling a bunch of crap that only made matters worse, I've managed to restore my system back to where it was pre-Igloo. I can currently play the Live-Evil Harlock .mkv files (which were never a problem to begin with) and I can get Igloo to open up in a player window, but with no video.

Hi,

for those that uses a PC and is having problem paying this video file.

http://cccp-project.net/

It has all the codec that you'll need. Also set it up so that it'll use Zoom Player whenever you want to play a MKV file. That fixed a whole bunch of problems for me when most of the Fansub groups were starting to encode in H.264 /MKV format.

I'm also using CCCP pack. Best I've tried so far. I have it using Media Player Classic

Geez....u guys are lazy. Do some googling. :p

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

If that doesn't work.....find one that does. :lol:

363821[/snapback]

Ummm... did some googling. Couldn't find anything that helps me on my Mac.

Sure, it's a little hard when a lot of this is like latin to me, and I may be missing something, but it's no reason to get snooty and call people lazy. Your "help" is just an attempt to make us look stupid and yourself look smart.

Back the story- Another thing I forgot to mention: When I had Appleseed as a .mkv, I could launch it with QT, but it would never run properly (all sorts of error messages and whatnot). With these Igloo files, it won't even try to launch them with QT. Any ideas?

Uhh....works fine for me. Did you uninstall everything they asked u to uninstall?

363834[/snapback]

Yeah, I uninstalled, then reinstalled. Then uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times. Finally I found some "matroska lite pack" that got the subs to work properly in Media Player Classic. Now I just have to backtrack through my other media files to make sure all the other file extensions are working.

Uhh....works fine for me. Did you uninstall everything they asked u to uninstall?

363834[/snapback]

Yeah, I uninstalled, then reinstalled. Then uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times. Finally I found some "matroska lite pack" that got the subs to work properly in Media Player Classic. Now I just have to backtrack through my other media files to make sure all the other file extensions are working.

363841[/snapback]

I believe its the Matroska splitter that was missing. Strange, the codec pack should have it installed. Oh well.. as long as everything works now. ;)

white drew carrey:

Ummm... did some googling. Couldn't find anything that helps me on my Mac.

Sure, it's a little hard when a lot of this is like latin to me, and I may be missing something, but it's no reason to get snooty and call people lazy. Your "help" is just an attempt to make us look stupid and yourself look smart.

Hey man, chill..... notice the emotes on that post. :p You'd know i'd never attempt to make myself look smart at anyone's expense if you read my posting history.

Back the story- Another thing I forgot to mention: When I had Appleseed as a .mkv, I could launch it with QT, but it would never run properly (all sorts of error messages and whatnot). With these Igloo files, it won't even try to launch them with QT. Any ideas?

I don't own a Mac so i'm not sure if QT reads direct filters the same way windows MP works, but maybe you could try http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html since they are the ones developing for the .mkv format which essentially is just a container. No filters under the Others/MacOSX section though.

And Oh man!  Ep 2 was furiggen AMAZING!  The ground battle with teh Zakus was pure gravy... I just loved every second of it.

363852[/snapback]

Same here: great episode. Can't wait for the next one :)

Episode 2 was awesome. The ground battle was handled excellently, and rendered great.

The Guntank WISHES it could do stuff like that. :lol:

One of the best parts was at the end with the single shell falling to the ground. Very cool.

I hope the rest of the Igloo episodes are as good as the first two.

ok guys,

Here is Ep 3 of MS Igloo

These are in RMVB format. They are subbed in Chinese, so if you can't read chinese just treat these like RAW. This torrent includes eps 1-3,, but you can use your torrent program to just select ep 3 if you want.

For this eps it's EMS-10, painted balls,Zakus and GMs

http://bt.popgo.net/down/down.php?hash=def...c7a73076e5a84b9

Enjoy :)

Edited by F360°

OK, so I've gotten eps 1 and 2 to play with Mplayer which YellowLightMan pointed out, but I still can't get the subs to run. My wife's the smart one with all this command line and compiling stuff, and even she's having a problem.

Rrgh. Oh well, at least I can see it. The Zakus in the beginning of ep. 2 look pretty generic. I'm kind of disappointed.

anybody know how many episodes are in MS IGLOO?

365168[/snapback]

Three have been released so far, but it'll be a total of 6 episodes. The remaining three episodes are being marketed under the subtitle "Apocalypse 0079", and the first of those episodes will be out in April on DVD in Japan.

OK, so I've gotten eps 1 and 2 to play with Mplayer which YellowLightMan pointed out, but I still can't get the subs to run. My wife's the smart one with all this command line and compiling stuff, and even she's having a problem.

Rrgh. Oh well, at least I can see it. The Zakus in the beginning of ep. 2 look pretty generic. I'm kind of disappointed.

365100[/snapback]

I was actually hasty in saying I got Mplayer to run them properly, since I can't get audio to work on it or the subs to show up. The funny thing is that Mplayer2 plays the audio fine, but no video...

I tried watching the damned things on my laptop, but it's too slow and just skips like crazy. Oh well. Anyone feel like converting the files to AVI? I can host them on my site... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone feel like converting the files to AVI?

365211[/snapback]

That's the million-dollar question. I can then convert them to burn on a DVD, but so far, meh...

Oh.......Ep. #3 is up: (even though I still can't see it!)

http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/index.html

:D

Just seen episode 3. Gawd....this series is depressing to watch. Everytime the 601st gets a new toy to play, it gets destroyed in some dramatic way along with its pilot. :lol:

I feeling bad for the spacenoids. :lol:

But cool ep....it has ball squadrons pwning things. :D