1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

My japanese is not perfect but I do believe it actually says something like: "as this is the 'latest' variation of the vf-1a series, you will definately want this in your collection." Japanese store advertisement tend to be misleading sometimes in order to make sales, I got used to it already. Anyway there are no more vf-1'A' variations worth releasing IMHO, I just wish they would do more reissues. Again I could be wrong about the translation.

Yeah, that could be a possibility. As long as there is demand, there are reissues in the future, sonner or later, doesn't matter, they will come around only when they decide the time is right.

HLJ is not accepting any more pre-orders.

Does anybody know where else I can pre-order from? Who's the most reputable dealer?

damn you guys are all nuts.

i ain't pre-ordering jack shiet(unless its ap). just like the LV's they'll be plenty of these floating around. plus if it sells as poorly as the hikaru 1S did when it first came out, i'll be picking these up for $110 each. if i'm really lucky, they'll do as bad as the hikaru and max 1A's and i'll be able to pick them up for $90.

be patient my young ones, theres more than enough to go around and i think the wording is "latest release" and not "last release". why would any company advertise, "this is the last one, the very last release"? :blink: i can't think of a single company thats ever done that in history, toy or otherwise. :unsure:

i ain't pre-ordering jack shiet(unless its ap). just like the LV's they'll be plenty of these floating around.

Oh, yeah, there are plenty of LV's floating around...IF YOU WANT TO PAY A GRIP TO GET ONE... ;)

I don't think these will be anything like the LV release, but the LV is a bad example to use in your argument. :lol:

Kevin has them up for preorder at the Valkyrie Exchange @ 150.00. Go to the preorder menu

He does?!!? time to throw in my order.

He does but make sure you go to the preorder menu. There's no "add to cart" button on the 1/48 CF page itself. How many u ordering? 20? ;)

i ain't pre-ordering jack shiet(unless its ap).  just like the LV's they'll be plenty of these floating around.

Oh, yeah, there are plenty of LV's floating around...IF YOU WANT TO PAY A GRIP TO GET ONE... ;)

I don't think these will be anything like the LV release, but the LV is a bad example to use in your argument. :lol:

really? casue it actually took a full year and a half before the LV's started getting rare....not collectable rare but just seeing one in a store.

just ask soze how long it took him to move his stock of LV's? i think he sat on them for a good year or so before people finally took them off his hands.

also, no one that bought LV's from him paid $300+, his asking price was $155 plus shipping before the LV craze hit.

i ain't pre-ordering jack shiet(unless its ap).  just like the LV's they'll be plenty of these floating around.

really? casue it actually took a full year and a half before the LV's started getting rare....not collectable rare but just seeing one in a store.

just ask soze how long it took him to move his stock of LV's? i think he sat on them for a good year or so before people finally took them off his hands.

also, no one that bought LV's from him paid $300+, his asking price was $155 plus shipping before the LV craze hit.

The LVs were around for awhile. IIRC I got mine from Twin Moons for 128.00 (w/o S/H), 6 months after they were released. Sold it for 250.00 last summer. I really wish Yamato would re-release the Hikaru VF-1S, I'd like another. I don't want to buy one from TISINC for 225.00 or whatever.

Edited by dejr8bud

Kevin has them up for preorder at the Valkyrie Exchange @ 150.00. Go to the preorder menu

He does?!!? time to throw in my order.

He does but make sure you go to the preorder menu. There's no "add to cart" button on the 1/48 CF page itself. How many u ordering? 20? ;)

So far, yes. I preordered 20 from 2 different ppl.

I don't think I've ever paid more than $120-$130 for any non-FP 1/48 I've bought, Low Viz or otherwise.

I don't know if this is going to sell that poorly. There's been a lack of 1/48s in the market lately so people are probably going to jump on these. Plus, it's a cannon fodder scheme which isn't popular for the casual fan but can be used for army building. I also think these will be produced in less numbers than the other 1/48s.

Now before anyone reads my ramblings as fact.....

This is all speculation on my part. None of this is fact.

I don't think I've ever paid more than $120-$130 for any non-FP 1/48 I've bought, Low Viz or otherwise.

I don't know if this is going to sell that poorly. There's been a lack of 1/48s in the market lately so people are probably going to jump on these. Plus, it's a cannon fodder scheme which isn't popular for the casual fan but can be used for army building. I also think these will be produced in less numbers than the other 1/48s.

Now before anyone reads my ramblings as fact.....

This is all speculation on my part. None of this is fact.

you might be right but like you said, theres been a shortage of 1/48's lately so why would yamato screw themselves out of money and not make enough of them to go around? :huh:

the 1st valk i got was the LV and i paid $135 and walked out the store with it. the most i've paid for a non FP 1/48 was two LV's both cost $200 shipped or less. outside of those 2, i got a fairly good deal on the other 11. :)

army building? while it would be megacool, thats some expensive ass army building. :blink: you gotta be a crackhead(or godzilla and kensei :p ) to pull that off. i make a good living but no way would i be able to justify building an army of CF's....atleast not 1/48's, banprestos maybe. :p

HLJ is not accepting any more pre-orders.

Does anybody know where else I can pre-order from? Who's the most reputable dealer?

There are quite a few places taking pre-orders. Blackaces - see Dealer Announcements, Samurai M - see his website, VE - see dealer announcement and website, Hobby Search - 5% off (they have problems at one stage but I think they have resolve it as the last time I ordered they were pretty fast) and Amenbo - 10% off.

I agree with Haterist that the CF should be around when they actually get released. But how long it will be available will depend on whether Yamato will put the LE on it or not. For normal run, it will be there for a while as I don't think the CF will sell as well but like BigKid24 said if productions is less and demand is high it may not last too long. Also if they do put the LE on it, ppl may buy it fast hoping to gain later on like the LV or for those who don't want to miss out on it. Also, be aware that the GBP may come out at the same time and if there is no bundle, the CF will be the only readily available Valk to dress the GBP with. The 3rd Issue Roy lasted a while, still available at some places, but the prices kept going up as time passes by. This is just my opinion. So preorder if you definetly don't want to miss out. If not just keep an eye on it to keep yourself inform of whether it will sell well or not. When they come out and if they are going fast be prepare to order quickly. If slow then take your time but don't leave it too long.

I haven't talked to anyone about it. I wouldn't order from HLJ anyway, I recieve no reply to my emails and I've lost about $100 USD to them already.

@Prometheu5: Do you really think it's going to sell out even before it is going to be released? <_<

EDIT: (1) some people misread who I directing the second sentence to (2) I'm F'in dyslexic. <_<

Edited by kensei

My japanese is not perfect but I do believe it actually says something like: "as this is the 'latest' variation of the vf-1a series, you will definately want this in your collection." Japanese store advertisement tend to be misleading sometimes in order to make sales, I got used to it already. Anyway there are no more vf-1'A' variations worth releasing IMHO, I just wish they would do more reissues. Again I could be wrong about the translation.

"Saigo" means "final". "Saishin" means "latest". The site said "saigo".

Do you really think it's going to sell out even before it is going to be released? <_<

Nah I am pretty sure it won't sell out before released. Even if it's going to be a LE it's not one of those where it's like only 100 produce or something. The thing we should ask is how fast will it sell out once it comes out. This will depend on alot of circumstances. Like whether its a LE, size of production and demand. But still if you look hard you probably can pick one up after a few months being released. But the price then could be lower, higher or the same.

Do you really think it's going to sell out even before it is going to be released?  <_<

Nah I am pretty sure it won't sell out before released. Even if it's going to be a LE it's not one of those where it's like only 100 produce or something. The thing we should ask is how fast will it sell out once it comes out. This will depend on alot of circumstances. Like whether its a LE, size of production and demand. But still if you look hard you probably can pick one up after a few months being released. But the price then could be lower, higher or the same.

That's wha I was thinkin. Even if people want to collect it to sell later, they are going to ahve to dish out an enormous amount of cash. It will not get critical in the first few weeks of sale. It probably will get critical in late October or next Jan.

Do you really think it's going to sell out even before it is going to be released?  <_<

That's wha I was thinkin. Even if people want to collect it to sell later, they are going to ahve to dish out an enormous amount of cash. It will not get critical in the first few weeks of sale. It probably will get critical in late October or next Jan.

I swear... people here are such experts...

:rolleyes:

the speculations have hit ludicrous speed... <_<

yeah tell me about. <_<

yeah tell me about. <_<

Well, just wait then. I'm not the one to panic about some toy that might sell out in the first week of release. <_< Sit back and let them come, you know about it so start saving and don't leave it for too long, or you will regret it later. That's all I'm saying.

My collecting days are done after this. :) No more petty collection size wars, just going to work on a display to be proud of, that I am. B))

Well if this thing was "limited edition"-only I'd be pretty pissed though. :D

"Last of the vf1a type releases" I can handle. But limited edition, man that is wrong. CF should stay as a normal release imo. This way if by some freak chance lots of people want them, or they have a shortage then they don't limited themselves and the profits they can make in the future because it can be reissued.

Look what happened with the release of roy 1s. Lot of noobs who came in late who wanted to get one but couldn't, then they reissued it and everyone was happy.

Lol, I wasn't in a panic mate, but the way some of you are talkin about making whole air wings of them isn't exactly comforting when some of us have limited buying power as it is :D

But dude, even if I was to buy a lot compared to the average buyer, at least I am not buying the whole run of them! Put your preorder in for at least one and actively save for it until August. You will have your CF. ;) I am now going to walk and use public transport to get to uni and eating cereal and sandwiches for the next few months to get these babies. Make the necessary sacrifices, and you will be rewarded.

Let's start getting in info from the retailers here.

Apparently what is confirmed from my local retailer only is the 1. It is a LE version (2) other than HK, it is more likely to hit the streets of America and Australia in September, not August (3) nothing really is mentioned to retailers about this being the "final" variant, not that they really have an interest in that. We only have the caption from the pictures before mentioned.

even if yamato only made 10000 pcs, you think 10000 people are going out to the stores the day they're released and buy them all? :rolleyes:

just look how long it took toynami, whos friggin here in america, under a more popular name(robotech)to move 15000 valks and those are actually "limited editions" that are numbered and come with a COA. wake up people, theres going to be plenty to go around. :rolleyes:

even if yamato only made 10000 pcs, you think 10000 people are going out to the stores the day they're released and buy them all? :rolleyes:

just look how long it took toynami, whos friggin here in america, under a more popular name(robotech)to move 15000 valks and those are actually "limited editions" that are numbered and come with a COA. wake up people, theres going to be plenty to go around. :rolleyes:

I completely agree. :)