1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

Noel thanks for chiming in dude. I am always intrigued at how things really are selling in japan versus what most of the board thinks it sells.

From what I recollect from the first day the 1/60 was first released, Matt Alt said there were actually lines for it!

I am assuming that in japan, that high detail toys usually sell well(depending on fanbase) upon inception but the more you make for a line the more it saturates. (not to mention the 1/60 VF-1 was in a league higher than the macross plus toys).

I hope the cannon fodder does well. In the meantime I might set aside money for it. Its very utalitarian looking and uber military. Totally cool in my book.

HOOOOLLLEE COW!!!!!! :o Our prayers have been answered. Too bad there is no super armor parts left, I would have like to do a DYRL Cannon fodder custom. YES I said I would tried to attempt to do one ;)

For some reason, a Strike CF sounds cool. . . even though I doubt there were many flight group/squadron commanders in stock CFs. But I could be wrong.

H

Thanks for the input Hurin and Shin. I think I'll place an order for my beloved CF soon. The durability of the design--or lack thereof--sounds a bit scary though, having looked at some of those other threads; what with cracking hip joints and intakes, breaking backpack hinges and whatnot. I'd hate to end up with a lemon in my hand and a hole in my wallet to show for it. It does look great though, so I figure it's worth a gamble. At least once.

Dude the 1/48 is nowhere near as fragile as anyone says. You wont have a lemon> The cracked hips isnt too big of a problem its just a hairline but no parts snap off to my knowledge. The BP8 part can be kept ibn good condition using common sense. Just always remember not to push it past the nub and you'll be just fine. Just use a lot of common sense and such when handling it. I man handle mine. Hell I can take a quick mpeg to show you guys provided shawn n graham want to host it. Its not fragile as an alternator.And nohere near as hard to transform. It only takes under 2 minutes due to the fact that it has more parts than a bandai 1/55. And plus its a joy of love compared to the 1/60

I agree with Shin. The fragility of the 1/48 is greatly exaggerated. As long as you get to know how the parts move you'll be fine handling it. The only thing I've broken is the heatshield and that was my fault. Not as sturdy as the 1/55, but what is? Not even MPOP is that durable. The BTs/Alts are really strong and are designed to come apart if forced to move the wrong way. but otherwise the joints are pretty strong. It's an excellent toy line.

Here's a Japan link on the CF which states August release too but bablefish say Hobby Show Limitation again. I noticed from a couple of websites that shows the CF and having translated via bablefish, mentions last variation. Could it be the CF will be the last type of VF-1 to come out for Yamato.

Here's the link.

http://noda-ya.com/html/syohin/figure/02000233.htm

Yeah.

Also, I noted that it also says this is the FINAL variation of the 1/48 VF-1A.

:(

I really hope this is a Low Vis type deal and not just limited to the Hobby Show, but all signs point otherwise...

it also says this is the FINAL variation of the 1/48 VF-1A.

this is NO GOOD <_<

Oh well. Nothing you can do about it but then again, we could misinterpret what they are saying but somehow I dont think so.

It's not exactly a shocker if it does indeed turn out to be the last of the 1/48s. Graham once said that Yamato said "no way in hell" (not direct quote) when asked about two-seaters. And I'm sorry, but Kakizaki has never gotten any love, and I wouldn't expect that to change either.

I'm usually an optimist. But even I have to see the handwriting on the wall. They've done about all they can do with the mold. Anything else (except Kakizaki) would require a lot more than repaints.

I wanted a CF as their (realistic) last hurrah. Looks like that's what we're going to get. Unless, again, there is some mistranslation going on. But. . . it sounds right to me.

H

it also says this is the FINAL variation of the 1/48 VF-1A.

this is NO GOOD <_<

Oh well. Nothing you can do about it but then again, we could misinterpret what they are saying but somehow I dont think so.

Like maybe Yamato is just testing if their "last 1/48 variation" will sell even if it's priced higher than they used to? ;)

... Nah. :p

I haven't read the original release myself or anything, but doesn't the statement that it is the last planned 1/48 VF-1"A" in itself intimate that they have plans for the release of perhaps different variations of the VF-1 like maybe more 1-J or 1-S types?

I think it is suspicious that they would go so far as to break it down to the 1-A model if their were to be no more 1/48's.

I haven't read the original release myself or anything, but doesn't the statement that it is the last planned 1/48 VF-1"A" in itself intimate that they have plans for the release of perhaps different variations of the VF-1 like maybe more 1-J or 1-S types?

I think it is suspicious that they would go so far as to break it down to the 1-A model if their were to be no more 1/48's.

That is a good point. So maybe it is the last VF-1A. Maybe there is hope for others? :unsure:

Yeah I thought it would be that simple too but if you look at Kurt's which is prety accurate in color... some parts still have to be painted brown or white for kakizaki's. I rather start from scratch to get the paint to match up thru the valk. I just need them to rerelease the 1Js. :D

DSCN3058.JPG

for comparison:

cf.JPG

Edited by >EXO<

Yeah I thought it would be that simple too but if you look at Kurt's which is prety accurate in color... some parts still have to be painted brown or white for kakizaki's. I rather start from scratch to get the paint to match up thru the valk. I just need them to rerelease the 1Js. :D

DSCN3058.JPG

for comparison:

cf.JPG

Shoot. You're right. Oh well I think I will deviate a bit on the accuracy of the show :rolleyes::lol: .

I got one question will about the pilot figures considering it doesn't have one in the picture. Will it come with two different pilot figure one for the TV version and one for DYRL in the package so we can switch them especially if we're considering doing a custom, cause I see it has DYRL arms instead of the TV version arms. And on a added note are they going to reissue the super armor parts for it, or do a bundle package like they did with the Max and Millia, and Hikaru?

It wouldn't surprise me if it has NO pilot in it.

If anythign it'll be a DYRL pilot since it's brandishing DYRL on the box. I would guess red. Maybe they'll surprise us with the color.

It wouldn't surprise me if it has NO pilot in it.

If anythign it'll be a DYRL pilot since it's brandishing DYRL on the box. I would guess red. Maybe they'll surprise us with the color.

:huh: Have we seen the box? We're sure the box will say DYRL?

[shoot. You're right. Oh well I think I will deviate a bit on the accuracy of the show :rolleyes::lol: .

It would be best to do it from scratch. Matching the paint would make you go insane.

Putting an LE on the CF will immediately put into ppls mind about the LV and that if they don't buy it now it will be gone and will cost more down the track.

That's a good point. People who are fans want everything they don't have. And what isn't selling sends a message to thier brains that it will be there forever waiting for them to buy later on, making them put it on low priority in thier shopping list.

Now if the goal is to move the stuff as quick as possible due to space limits, maybe calling it LE will quicken the sale. Maybe just as a test or because they figure the brownie CF may not sell as much as a 1s or something.

If this doesn't sell well as a normal release, like the low vis before it became rare, it will just sit there waiting and waiting. Fans who say they will buy 10 might still only be the minority of total sales. Oh well enough speculation, just hope this isn't LE-only and that it will be widely available and easy to get. If it isn't, that would be a shame but understandable. The release of CF is a big surprise because I thought they were done with macross.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I am not surprised that they announce that this is the last variation. They used the mold TONS of times pumping out...and heck its got more variants than the other 1/.48s!! Well not by much but you get the point.

HOwever things do change and if it sells well...well who the hell knows. I tend to think the VF-1J's and VF-1S's sold a lot better. And they did specify last variation of VF-1A so......

My japanese is not perfect but I do believe it actually says something like: "as this is the 'latest' variation of the vf-1a series, you will definately want this in your collection." Japanese store advertisement tend to be misleading sometimes in order to make sales, I got used to it already. Anyway there are no more vf-1'A' variations worth releasing IMHO, I just wish they would do more reissues. Again I could be wrong about the translation.

My japanese is not perfect but I do believe it actually says something like: "as this is the 'latest' variation of the vf-1a series, you will definately want this in your collection." Japanese store advertisement tend to be misleading sometimes in order to make sales, I got used to it already. Anyway there are no more vf-1'A' variations worth releasing IMHO, I just wish they would do more reissues. Again I could be wrong about the translation.

Latest sounds better than last :rolleyes::lol: . I hope they continue with the 1/48 line. I want my 2 seaters ;) .