1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

The head laser looks grey.  That's cool.  It would have looked pretty lame as white or brown.  But, then again, maybe this isn't the way it will be upon release.

I too don't like that "limited" verbage.  :(

Sh!t. Where? Are you serious?

Here

Also Hobby Search taking preorders but the weird thing they put it as Hobby Show Limitations Goods. Anyone know what this means.

Not really clear. . . but doesn't sound terribly good either! Normally, I'd wait for Kevin, but I put in one pre-order at HLJ just to be sure I get one (since I've been pining for this thing for so long). Then I'll get my other 1-3 from Kev. :)

H

I wonder whether there's gonna be two version like the 1/60. Just out of curiosity, is there such an event as 'Hobby Show' in Japan?

I noticed the pictures at HLJ shows that the CF have panel lines dones. Hmm, sounds like the LV. Hopefully there won't be any limited edition and the standard run will have panel lines done.

Big Bad toystore just added it to their pre-orders for $164.99

So I guess it's not a HLJ or some show exclusive.

PRE-ORDER 1/48 MACROSS: Yamato has just announced the 1/48 Scale VF-1A

Production Type figure. Pre-Orders are available for $164.99 and the

figure is scheduled to arrive in September.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr590

Notice they also list a sept release date.

Was there similar talk of limited runs and Hobby show exclusives or whatever for the Low Viz?

I managed to find that in Sydney,and paid an arm and a leg for it. I dont like the CF enough to do THAT lemme tell u....

Well, I doubt you'd have to do that for the CF even if it is limited in a similar way (which nobody is sure of as we're all just speculating). . . the Low Vis didn't sell out very fast in the beginning. They were there for the taking for any motivated buyer for months. Only after they sold out did the price go through the roof.

I guess maybe the CF will have higher demand. . . and I'm totally guessing here. . . but I doubt they'll be hard to get upon initial release. But don't wait too long before biting the bullet and buying. . . or you probably will be in LV-ville. :)

H

What if Yamato may just be investigating the market usng HLJ as a tool to see how many people would pre-order the CF. Then if there are not that many pre-orders Yamato either excuse themselves, or produce very littlte quatities of the CF.

Yes, from their offices on the grassy knoll. :lol:

I'm telling you, this is all a conspiracy! :lol::lol::lol:

vic!

Edited typo... :)

Edited by vlenhoff

If this is coming out, then there's hope for the two-seater variant valks. I'm waiting on Kevin to list the pre-order...

Cool I suppose, but I'd still prefer a VF-0S/D or a resculpted YF-19. I've never been a big fan of the brown cannon-fodder VF-1A. I'll probably still end up buying 2 though :lol: .

Bear in mind that the pics on HLJ might not be representative of the final version. Hopefully, Yamato might still sculpt a TV style head.

Graham

PRE-ORDER 1/48 MACROSS: Yamato has just announced the 1/48 Scale VF-1A

Production Type figure. Pre-Orders are available for $164.99 and the

What's up with the high price on these? The Vf-1J's that included fastpacks were only like $10 more. Is BBTS trying to jack us?

PRE-ORDER 1/48 MACROSS:  Yamato has just announced the 1/48 Scale VF-1A

Production Type figure.  Pre-Orders are available for $164.99 and the

What's up with the high price on these? The Vf-1J's that included fastpacks were only like $10 more. Is BBTS trying to jack us?

I was wondering the same thing!

New 1/48's were always around 135.00. I was going to order 2, but now I am not sure.... :huh:

they probably raised prices for the same reason why VE and TMP raised prices...importing is getting more expensive and the dollar is getting weaker in japan

That is true. But it is a perfect excuse to raise prices though. :angry:

Please acknowledge that this version becomes Complete order production goods of the limit this time beforehand.

The commodity here is the hobby show limitation goods.

I am trying to understand what Hobby Search is trying to say in their description of the CF. From the sound of it, it seems like there may be 2 versions of the CF. The CF will be mass produce for the market but what Hobby Search is having for preorders are a Hobby Show Limited Edition. It sounds like that but I could be wrong. Hopefully more info will pop out to clarify this.

I believe there is such a thing as Hobby Show which is run in Japan.

Edited by Valk-1S

Man, this thing better not turn out to be vaporware.

I hope this is not all a big tease. I've placed bids on a couple of -1As, because I was going to break down and make my own CF -- I've waited patiently for Yamato to do so long enough. Now, I'm glad I lost the auctions (I think).

Please acknowledge that this version becomes Complete order production goods of the limit this time beforehand.

The commodity here is the hobby show limitation goods.

I am trying to understand what Hobby Search is trying to say in their description of the CF. From the sound of it, it seems like there may be 2 versions of the CF. The CF will be mass produce for the market but what Hobby Search is having for preorders are a Hobby Show Limited Edition. It sounds like that but I could be wrong. Hopefully more info will pop out to clarify this.

I believe there is such a thing as Hobby Show which is run in Japan.

oh no. please don't tell me it's going to be the same as the 1/60 VF-1A cannon fodder. a normal brown version and a toy r us brown version.

Ok, I just got my friend to translate the Japanese website of Hobby Search. He said it says that the CF on Hobby Search is a Hobby Show Limited Edition. Production will run after order is taken. Nothing much other than that.

they probably raised prices for the same reason why VE and TMP raised prices...importing is getting more expensive and the dollar is getting weaker in japan

That is true. But it is a perfect excuse to raise prices though. :angry:

well guys like Kevin (VE) and Tam (TMP) they don't make much money back...pretty much just enough to keep themselves in business... if you want to blame anyone then blame their supplier, the current economy, etc...but there are sellers who do cheat people...just like the guy tryna sell the Tenjin Hidetaka art book for more than twice its going price every where else...but it all goes down to what you're able and willing to pay, that's also a factor of driving up prices...just economics, no matter how much we hate 'em sometimes <_<

Ok, I just got my friend to translate the Japanese website of Hobby Search. He said it says that the CF on Hobby Search is a Hobby Show Limited Edition. Production will run after order is taken. Nothing much other than that.

ouchies :blink: but...but...i don't wanna order one right now :unsure:

This is sweet news! B))

I'm probably gonna get two. And if the 1J is released as a bundle pack with the GBP, then I'll use the 1J head for a Hikaru 1J CF, and use the now headless 1J for Captain's 1D custom.

Ahhh, life is good as a Macross fan. :D

ouchies :blink: but...but...i don't wanna order one right now :unsure:

Thats from Hobby Search website. I did a Bablefish on their Japanese site as well and it does say Hobby Show Limited Item. But remember HLJ has it too but do not say it as being limited. Need more confirmation first before we know for sure. However, if you look at the CF it does look special to be limited. Notice the Panel lines that only the LV had. If there is two versions I would like the limited if it is the one on the pics.

Nice, I was too thinking about getting a 1A to make my own CF. This is really great news, and to see the product pics really boosts my hopes for the CF. I hope i have enough money for a couple of them. It'd be nice to have two with each main characther. Two with Roy, two with Hikaru... Mmmm, that's four already... It'd be nice to make a deal where we make a huge group buy to VE, Soze, etc. We could get 4 each, or three each, and lower the price.

Just a though....

Hello

Thank you for mail and welocome to our webpage.

This prodcut is "Hobby show limited edition".

The same article is not released.

This is an article only for this time.

It is not that a similar article appears elsewhere.

Please reserve it. You may not be available twice.

Thank you!

--------------------------------------

Hobby Search

URL : http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/index.html

E-mail : komuro@1999.co.jp

Zip  111-0053

Address : 3-20-11 Asano-Building 5F

Asakusa-Bashi Taitou-Ward Tokyo JAPAN

TEL : 03-5833-3533(Domestic)

FAX : 03-5833-3534

This is an email I got back from Hobby Search regarding the CF. I gonna try asking HLJ whether it is limited or not. Will let you guys know if I get an email back from them.

Hello

Thank you for mail and welocome to our webpage.

This prodcut is "Hobby show limited edition".

The same article is not released.

This is an article only for this time.

It is not that a similar article appears elsewhere.

Please reserve it. You may not be available twice.

Thank you!

Hobby Search

URL : http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/index.html

E-mail : komuro@1999.co.jp

Zip  111-0053

Address : 3-20-11 Asano-Building 5F

Asakusa-Bashi Taitou-Ward Tokyo JAPAN

TEL : 03-5833-3533(Domestic)

FAX : 03-5833-3534

This is an email I got back from Hobby Search regarding the CF. I gonna try asking HLJ whether it is limited or not. Will let you guys know if I get an email back from them.

Engrish, yay!

"You may not be available twice." - Depends on how well the first date went. Or until cloning is cheap and common enough like bread n' butter. :lol:

Edited by Wheels

Good afternoon,

If it were a Show Limited Edition, the likelihood of our receiving it

would be extremely low (certainly we would not receive any great quantity

of it). At this time it seems to be a regular production figure, though

Yamato may indeed produce a Limited Edition separate from the one we

currently have on pre-order.

Many thanks for your business with HobbyLink Japan!

Katrina Somers

HLJ Products

HobbyLink Japan

Okay, this is an email I got from HLJ. So I don't know whether it is just a normal production run or there's gonna be two different releases. So best to wait for more news before you order.