Tonight Episode 303: Supply Lines

Sadly featuring Jar Jar. <_< I thought they had learned their lesson, which is why he wasn't in any of season 2... Oh well.

I hate Jar Jar...more so then anything else Lucas has done with the franchise, this character is the epitome of all that went wrong with the prequels.

^ Well he definitely brought down any scene he is in in with The Phantom Menace, but he only had a couple of short and much less annoying scenes in Attack of the Clones. In Revenge of the Sith, he was just there for one shot at the end, during Padme's funeral.

What's even more tragic is that Jar Jar is single-handedly responsible for Palpatine's getting emergency powers...dill-witted fool...the fall of the Jedi and the rise of the Sith all b/c of a creature that has the intelligence of a toilet. :angry:

the 3rd ep was alot better then i thought it would be,jarjar actually made me smirk,shockhorror,when he snatched that cup from lot dodd as he was going for a drink lol, but a solid episode with some great action.

next ep looks good,Greedo and Chuchi!...too bad Greedo is speaking basic tho and not rodian tongue,i suppose some kids cant read subtitles tho lol

Season 3 ratings by my 6 year old son and I:

Episode 1 = A little slow in places but otherwise solid = 7/10.

Episode 2 = Coolest of the cool. Aqua Droids and ARC Troopers, even if they do get killed vey easily = 9/10.

Episode 3 = The bits with the clones fighting the droids were good, but the talkie bits with Jar Jar and Jimmy Smits = big yawn!.....5/10.

Graham

I agree, though I wish they would stop with Obi Wan and Grievous dueling. I mean in Revenge of the Sith Grievous tells Obi Wan, "You fool, I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku." At this point when the release Sith on Bluray, they might as well have Obi Wan respond with something like "yeah, no duh, we've fought like 12 times."

I'm still hoping that season 5 of The Clone Wars, will completely rewrite Revenge of The Sith, so that we have a completely different ending to the saga.

Graham

Season 3 ratings by my 6 year old son and I:

Episode 1 = A little slow in places but otherwise solid = 7/10.

Episode 2 = Coolest of the cool. Aqua Droids and ARC Troopers, even if they do get killed vey easily = 9/10.

Episode 3 = The bits with the clones fighting the droids were good, but the talkie bits with Jar Jar and Jimmy Smits = big yawn!.....5/10.

Graham

I'm still hoping that season 5 of The Clone Wars, will completely rewrite Revenge of The Sith, so that we have a completely different ending to the saga.

Graham

Graham...in a perfect world...that would become a reality.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about Sith was easily as good as Empire.

Sith was the best of the prequels but not as good as Empire.

1st, it took Anakin about 2 seconds to fall to the Darkside. I don't care how you want to explain it, his turn from whiny brat to Dark Lord of the Sith seemed to take seconds rather then years. Count Dooku went from major character to jobber, why? I know his job was always in jeopardy as Palps wanted to groom Skywalker, but such a lame duel.

Palpatine was awesome in about 99% of his scenes and probably saved the movie from complete failure. The 1% he sucked in was his UNLIMITED POWEAAAAAAAAH!!! attack on Mace. Even writing about it makes me cringe.

When the Jedi went to arrest Palpatine 4 Masters slain as if they were Padawans. Especially Kit Fisto...

Order 66, the culmination of the Clone Wars and fall of the Jedi. Reduced to like 4 minutes screen time with flashes of Jedi and ZERO shown at the Jedi Temple except for the Vader igniting his blade on the Younglings.

Padme Amidala's character completely destroyed...she seemed to be the strongest character since Ep 1, fighting against the Trade Federation, in Ep 2 surviving an assassination attempt, Geonosis and the fighting there after, to die because she "lost the will to live". COME ON!!!! Aren't twins reason enough to keep living!?!? Complete shredding of a persona = cheese to me.

There are more reasons, but right now I'm trying to get back to work :p

Edited by Zor Primus

While I don't agree, infact I could argue against a lot of that, I do agree with Palpatine killing three Jedi masters in like 5 seconds, two of the hardly moving. Even Mace was just toyed with long enough to look like the villian in Anakin's eyes.

I do hope that the bluray release of Sith extends the Jedi Temple attack. I remember back in 05-06 there was talk about more was filmed with Anakin actually striking down several Jedi knights, and I would love to see that. However, sadly it was just reduced to 5 second security hologram. As for the series, it would be awesome if they do show order 66 on a broader scale. Especially if they keep introducing more and more jedi for the viewers to get attached to.

Oh and the Padme thing, totally agree, I just keep telling myself that Anakin did permanent damage when he choked her... yeah that's it, I'll go with that. :lol:

----------

Tonight's Episode 304: Spere of Influence

Ep 4 of Clone Wars wasnt too bad,Good seeing Chuchi again,Greedo wasnt too bad I kinda hoping he would be abit more aggressive then he was ,he was bit spineless lol,but either way no big drama...Jabba's kid still urks me tho,why even create that thing.

overall,Decent episode.

Episode 305: Corruption

Synopsis: Padme, on a diplomatic mission to Mandalore, guarantees the pacifist planet the Republic's full protection, but she and Duchess Satine soon find something sinister lurking beneath the planet's serene facade.

I have to admit, I was really excited for this season, but thus far it hasn't really compared to last season, especially the first half of last season. And the synopsis of this episode doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in a great episode. I hope I am wrong, and the truth is, this could be like Senate Spy from last year that lead into the great Geonosis arc. This one could lead into some really good episodes... at least I can hope.

305 was pretty boring IMO. No Clones, no droids and not even any Jedi. Just Padma and Mandalorian Padme (AKA Satine), trying to find out who sold some tainted tea to a buncha school kids.........yawn.!

Lots of political talk, with a short shoot-out at the end. Not only did my 6 year old kids eyes glaze over for most of the episode, but mine did as well.

I think not even an R-rated lesbian sex scene between Padme and Satine could have saved this episode.

The preview of next weeks episode looks slightly better, with Ahsoka travelling to Mandalore to train some Mandalorian Police cadets (IIRC).

Still, it's supposed to be called, "Clone Wars" for a reason, i.e. there's supposed to be 'Clones' and a 'War' in it! Let's have more gratuitous battle episodes, with Clone Troopers slagging Clankers, please Mr. Lucas!

And if you do have to have episodes on Mandalore, please at least throw in some Death Watch action!

Graham

This was the first episode that I didn't finish. About half way through, I quit watching. Even the Jar Jar episodes or bad episodes like Senate Murders didn't have me stop watching. But this one bored me so badly, I just quit. I sure hope they go back to the war soon.

Tonight-

Episode 306: The Academy

Synopsis: Ahsoka is assigned to teach a class at the cadet academy on Mandalore. Soon after she arrives, Duchess Satine's zealous nephew and his classmates uncover a nefarious plot.

Sadly, this is another episode that I am less than excited about. I sure hope I am wrong, but it seems as if the writers have chosen to lighten up this season. Outside of the second episode, it really seems as if they are strictly making these episodes more kid friendly, less violent, and a lot less about the war. Which is even all the more weird when you throw in the constant political elements that kids could care less about.

Looking back on the trailers, it appeared as if they were looking to go darker and more serious. Hell, I thought there was an interview with Dave Filoni practically stating this?

301, 303, 304, 305, and now even 306 is looking to be dull.

Either the animation team is tired, and it's easier for them to use the same sets and rigs with minimal animation... or the series has lost it's spark...

Edited by Omegablue

301, 303, 304, 305, and now even 306 is looking to be dull.

Either the animation team is tired, and it's easier for them to use the same sets and rigs with minimal animation... or the series has lost it's spark...

The series has kinda lost its spark in a way. But I think it's just that the story has been so crappy in so many of these first couple episodes. I love Ahsoka unlike many people, but the storylines with her seem like she's a side character, same with the other main characters. We need a few episodes in a mini-arc with Ahsoka and Ani doing their thing with some Obi mixed in. Maybe going and taking a planet and droid factory...

Edited by protostar8