Star Wars

MGREXX

Will the new movie dissapoint us SW fans AGAIN like he did in Episodes 1 and 2!!!!!!  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Will the new movie dissapoint us SW fans AGAIN like he did in Episodes 1 and 2!!!!!!

• Yes, it will be another dissapointment. George just doesn't have the "force" in him anymore.
    • No, this time he WILL get it right.
    • You are crazy, both episodes 1 and two ruled!!!!!...Except for that damn jar jar (ppwwweeeezzzzzz)

I'm more for the "that's always been Lucas corny sense of humor" but rather than having other people "saving" these mistakes, Lucas was simply putting other people in charge. Screenplays, Directing, etc. The Prequels has been all George.

Regarding Vader's "struggle," without hindsight it's only really apparent once Luke starts throwing it at Vader in RotJ. That's Luke's theory for not killing him in Ep 4 and why Vader was "toying" with him in Ep 5. Both Obi-Wan and Yoda disagreed and were training Luke to take out Vader and the Emperor. Vader himself disagreed... right up until the point he picks up the Emperor and tosses him down into the pit.

As far as whiny kid... like father, like son. :lol:

Goofy gags in the OT?...I'm suprised all the uber cool SW fans haden't noticed all the little bits in ESB...Yoda and R2 fighting over the flashlight...R2 standing on his "tippy toes" to peek inside Yoda's hut...Luke smelling then tossing the fish stick away after Yoda had gotten ahold of it...Han muteing C3PO by putting his hand over the droid's mouth..the movie is full of them...course it helped that Lucas actualy hired a real writer to finnese the ESB script (Lawrence Kasden, whom also wrote the Raiders of the lost Ark screenplay)

Difference between ANH/ESB and ROTJ/PT is the films arn't pandering to children as much. Lucas remembered what it was like being a kid, and did not yet have children of his own when ANH and ESB were made. He was inspired by the old serial chapter plays seen in his youth, SW and Indiana Jones are ment as loveing tributes to them.

Most people seem to loose the ability to relate to children, without speaking down or pandering to them, once they have kids of thier own...Yeah, even the OT was ment for kids, but it largely didn't pander to them.

My kids love Jar Jar, im not gonna hate them for their opinion! Personally I like all the Star Wars movies, imagine if everyone ideas and opinions were puit into the Ultimate Star Wars movie? I think it would come out to be about as good as Robot Jox, who knows, for all we know, someone would want to change that movie too! Imagine that.

You know what I always wondered in ANH, everybody keeps telling each other to eject.....what good does that do? If you eject (wouldn't have minded seeing this) one of four things would happen all bad:

1) Some TIE ace zaps your butt while you're floating in space

2) The Deathstar survives and you get captured and tortured in public most likely

3) The Deathstars gravity well drags you down to the surface and you make a big splat

4) The Deathstar blows and you get caught in the explosion

None of these are exactlt good outcomes

QUOTE (JsARCLIGHT @ Apr 15 2005, 03:37 PM)
Edit: one of my personal favorite "only JsARCLIGHT hears it" audio flubs is when the Y-wings get pasted in the death star trench and Gold leader gets blown to dogfood and Gold three (or two, which I forget) leaves the trench and says "Lost Tiree, Lost Hutch. It came from... behind" and you hear one of the red boys say "copy, Gold leader" even though Gold leader is in pieces on the death star trench. Now it could be argued that they instantly promoted Gold three to Gold leader (because there was one other surviving Y-wing out there for him to lead) for the five seconds he lived before getting pasted himself but that just seems dumb.

I also recall that scene too, I'm not sure if it is a mistake on the actors part or if that was what he was suppose to say. In some ways it does make sense for the Y-wing pilot to be called Gold Leader if he was the most senior pilot out of an the surviving Y-wing pilots (I recall at least one escaping or maybe I'm mistaken). Since that would make him the acting wing leader.

It might be that at that time, the pilots, in the confusion of the battle, didn't know who was dead and who wasn't and thought they had heard Gold Leader's voice on the comm.

It might be that at that time, the pilots, in the confusion of the battle, didn't know who was dead and who wasn't and thought they had heard Gold Leader's voice on the comm.

But Gold leader, being killed in the first trench run, would have been called out by name by Gold Five when he says "Lost Tiree, Lost Hutch". Either Tiree or Hutch are Gold leader and if all these pilots are as buddy-buddy as they seem (pilots calling each other by first names rather than callsigns such as Biggs, Wedge, Luke, Porkins, Tiree, Hutch, etc.) they would know that Gold leader was dead.

I still think this was an editing mistake made by the editor, placing the non-sequetor "Copy, Gold Leader" clip into the scene just to flesh it out more. Visually and thematically it flows, but contextually it is somewhat dubious.

• 3 weeks later...

I will now answer the poll since I finally got to see the movie last night up by frisco.

One word sums it all up..............BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George finally got it right and just in time.

I will not spoil anything but I will say this:

"you will not be dissapointed, not even you fanboys out there......even if George raped your childhood" :D:D "

Oh. and as far as the PG-13 rating is concerned, it's right on que. Bravo George, you are the man with "the force" baby!!!!!

post-26-1115277883_thumb.jpg

Edited by MGREXX

• 2 weeks later...
I will now answer the poll since I finally got to see the movie last night up by frisco.

One word sums it all up..............BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George finally got it right and just in time.

I will not spoil anything but I will say this:

"you will not be dissapointed, not even you fanboys out there......even if George raped your childhood" :D:D "

Oh. and as far as the PG-13 rating is concerned, it's right on que. Bravo George, you are the man with "the force" baby!!!!!

That's funny...you're now telling us that you haven't seen the movie.

Aw crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished the other Star wars game, you know "lego my eggo" and I can't believe that they showed (MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!)........... that Pregnasaurus Amadela died man.  I kind of remember that she had died before but forgot about it but that game just ruined the ending for me man.  crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Now, I am defenetly staying away from the SW ep3 game.  NO use in ruining the rest of the movie for myself.

Thanks George!!!!!!

So which is it, spoiler boy? You've either seen it or you haven't. I'd hate to think that you've been misleading us all this time.

God, what a moron. I mean, we all knew he was a lame-ass poser idiot. . . but here's the final proof.

Thanks BSU! Good catch!

H

MGREXX, seriously man, you are a Trubo Retard... You need to think before posting. I can only imagine how screwed up your personal life is if this is the way you behave.

I feel like the guys that hate the new movies and the Special Editions are just so into SW and their memories of their SW childhood, no matter what it won't be good enough, because it slightly changes what they grew up with.  Its like the first time you catch your parents having sex... You are horrified, and you would just rather imagine they just didn't do that... BUT NOW that you DO know that, it changes the way you look at your parents.  Its just a matter of how willing you are to accept change.

But the inverse of that argument is that all you "pro-prequel/they're all the same" guys are such nostalgia-influenced fanboys that you are blind to the glaring flaws and horrible choices that George Lucas has made with Star Wars.

Oddly, however, those who think Star Wars ran off the tracks with Jedi (if I recall correctly, that came out when I was a kid and I loved it back then), go to great pains to divest themselves of this charge. . . whereas those who so lovingly defend each and every film are the ones most vocally accusing the critics of being fanboys.

:lol:

In keeping with this point I tried to make above: I'm noticing that a lot of the people who have casted around accusations of "fanboy-ness" towards those who are critical of the new films also seem to have attended midnight showings of EpIII and/or have already seen the movie very early on opening day.

I always knew you guys were the real fanboys! Did you dress up? ;)

• 4 weeks later...