Guyver the Bioboosted Armor

wow, that's good news! I can't wait to see an updated Guyver movie or series. I hope they do continue where they last left off in the first guyver series.

I can wait for the animated series, prefer an OVA b/c of the higher budget but I'll take what I can get provided the character designs remain true to the original OVA series.

Also does anyone else wish that lazy ass Viz would finish the English translations of the manga?! Man those jerks, discontinued the series, WTF?! <_<

They could easily release them in a perfect collection trade, so what is the hold up? :angry:

Also does anyone else wish that lazy ass Viz would finish the English translations of the manga?! Man those jerks, discontinued the series, WTF?! <_<

They could easily release them in a perfect collection trade, so what is the hold up? :angry:

It's my fault. I started reading it immediatly before they cut it.

I can only assume that it was dropped just to spite me.

They could easily release them in a perfect collection trade, so what is the hold up?  :angry:

I've been out of the manga loop for quite a while, but I thought I'd heard that Viz had closed down?

As much as I love the Guyver (I own both movies on VHS and DVD, all the translated Manga, all of the animated series, plus the Out of Control OVA), I find that the story suffers from excessive power creep and monster-of-the-week syndrome.

All that said, I really want to see what this new story is. If it's just an update of the original show, that'd be great. If it's something new, that'd be even better.

(of course, I AM someone who keeps hoping for a 3rd movie...)

Loved the original Guyver, although I haven't watched it in years.

Hope this new version is a continuation from where the original left off. And I hope it is a full length TV series of at lest 26 episodes.

Oh, and it better not be all CG.

Graham

They could easily release them in a perfect collection trade, so what is the hold up?  :angry:

I've been out of the manga loop for quite a while, but I thought I'd heard that Viz had closed down?

I think they're still in business. I know they kept working a long time after ceasing Guyver.

Guest Bromgrev

Any more info on this? I never got to see the whole of the original TV series, but I loved the character design. I always thought it was let down somewhat by the low production values. I hope this time around it gets to realise its full potential.

I just hope its a continuation, I wanna see Gigantic Guyver 1 or 3, and I wanna see the Ark and the Remover system and junk like that.

What sorta got to me was the animation style changed as they took off to the Mt. Minikami story beginning to understand the origins of humanity with the purpose of the Zoanoids and the Guyver units and how far back it actually goes.

The storyline in my opinion made the most sense to me, humans being developed as adaptible bio weapons and that the Zoanoid form was the second step to being the perfect soldier, and the Guyver units were just a horrible mistake which cost dearly.

Sadly, I think that if it's either a new OVA or TV series, they're going to start from the beginning all over again. Don't forget that the last Guyver OVAs were done some 12-13 years ago, and no investor/sponsor would want to just continue a failed project where it left off. Especially not to follow act II, which was absolutely shitty in my opinion, and had a somewhat "warped" chronology compared to the Manga.

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS--read at your own risk**

Actually, the Guyver armor units weren't a mistake, they are technology found on board the creator's ships; it's battle armor meant to be used by the aliens as a multi-purpose battle weapon. They're like space suits on a space ship of sorts, and every alien vessel has a set of three. In the early days of man, the aliens/creators experimented with a human by allowing one of the Guyver units to interface with him. The power increase was staggering, and allowed the human/zoanoid to escape the mind control of the creators...And go on a rampage of destruction. This is why the Remover unit exists.

What I find really shitty is that the Guyver story starts to get really interesting only after where Viz stopped translating. We also find out only much later on that Archanfel (Archangel?) is not just A zoalord, but THE original Zoalord from which all the others were created; 11 zoacrystals in his body being removed individually and implanted into hand-picked humans to create the 11 other Zoalords... 12 generals whose sole purpose is to turn all of mankind into a warrior-army that will be used to storm the gates of "heaven".

i didn't think act 2 was all that bad. horrible voice acting aside of course. the original act 2 had MUCH different animation and different color palettes. in the later reincarnations of act 2, like manga or even us renditions, there's a huge amount of inconsistantcy in the animation. from what i've seen, there's only like 15% of the original animation left. it's unfortunate because most people who haven't seen the real act 2 say it just plain sucks. i just wish i still had the tape so you guys could've seen how good it actually was. i was pretty lucky to find it at a comic con like 11 years ago. but i'm sure there are some copies of the original animation sitting around out there.

Doh-dough: I'm not sure what you're referring to, the animation seen in the Manga/US Renditions of act II is the same as the japanese version; I still have bootleg copies of the original japanese version (which I occasionally watch), and there are no edited bits or different colors. You're right about one thing though: the absolutely horrible US dubbing detracts tremendously from the story.

The biggest problem with the OVA series is that they introduced the Hyper Zoanoids far too prematurely, and you end up with an animated act II that consists of little more than Sho & the gang hiding-out from Chronos in the woods. The drop in animation quality also doesn't help.

I noticed the drop in some episodes, they reminded me of the animation quality in Dog Warriors.

The quality really got to me when Sho first faught the new styled Zoanoids in ActII and then near the end after his fight with Enzyme II aka his father.

The dub wasn't bad in my opinion, it could have been better, but it was much nicer then listening to Dragonball Z...

Also weren't the Creators technically the ships themselves? Granted I don't think we EVER see the creators which was a bummer.

Didn't the Manga also show Agito's true goals and ambitions for becoming guyver 3? And he was really just using Sho as a pawn to weaken Chronos so his organization could take over? I heard he was part of a group called Zues Thunderbolts, hence why in the end of Act I Agito refers to himself as "Zues".

....Really my knowledge of the Guyver universe is extended to the shows, some of the comics and what information I can find online.

Funny thing is, we really don't know what the creator beings look like... The assumption seems to be that they're humanoid, but they've never been shown in the manga. The ships (the ark, relic) are just that: ships. Biological in nature, but they don't seem to be sentient beings. Archanfel himself may be an original creator being, but his origins are still very ambiguous.

**POSSIBLE SPOILER**

There's a very prominent parallel between the Guyver story and Christian theology as well...This may help determine Archanfel (Archangel?)'s role in the story and the destiny of mankind

Right now, it appears that Archangel is one of two things: either a creator being left behind left on earth to create a vast army for the rest of the creators to be used in some massive war, or...

An outcast diety who defied the gods/creators and was subsequently banished/outcast from "heaven" and is seeking to create an army of man to storm the gods in "heaven" and conquer it.

Archangel was originally discovered by Valkus back in the 1400s, when Valkus' ship (a spanish/portuguese gallion) was sunk in a massive storm at sea. Valkus was washed up on the shore of a mysterious island on which he discovered the ruins of an ancient civilisation. Inside one of the main temples lay Archangel, asleep in some sort of transparent coccoon and was awakened. Long story short, Archangel makes Valkus his first "General", and gives him a zoacrystal from his body to turn him into a Zoalord as well. All the other Zoalords were then hand-picked by Valkus and recieved 1 zoacrystal from Archangel's body.

My spoiler muaha.....BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also Murakami is a ProtoZoalord isn't he? Valkus proclaims there shouldn't be any others that were originally picked. I think there was a brief explenation behind Murakami but I can't remember. I do remember though that he swithes sides from Sho and Agito's group and works with Archangel I believe personally. If I can find the picture, its Murakami in a very midevil like attire which was REALLY cool looking and I used as a basis for one of my drawings a few years ago.

Ugh I tried looking at the site I originally got the picture from so many years ago but it seems their manga section is down.

Ah well this is the closest I could find it...

Another thing, Guyver 0, the first humanoid Guyver during the past times when man was being used as weapons, I was wondering what was his desmise? You see small scenes on the explenation of how the Creators lost control over him and he went insane destroying all those who got in his way.

I'm guessing they used the Remover on him or something....was just curious.

post-26-1112130487.jpg

Hikuro:

murakami was killed by guyot who was in turn, "killed" by archanfel. rumour has it that guyot comes back in the ongoing manga serial. but anyways, guyot is killed when archenfel pulls out his zoa-crystal. archanfel then puts it in murakami which turns him into imakuram miribilis.

guyver 0 got remover-ed and was disposed of.

and yes, the animation quality was very inconsistant in act 2. the version of act 2 that i got had very consistant animation. i can tell you almost exactly what was different.

- intro was the original with boxes with scenes from act 1

- initial guyver kidnapping scene had different zoanoid and guyver fodder death animations in the original

- murakami sports a white suit instead of whatever color it was(or vice versa)

- the fight by the waterway at the end of the episode starts getting funky after ramotith gets his head blown off in the new act 2

- the funky animation isn't there at all when guyver fights the zoanoids

- megasmasher sequence is different enough but follows the same principle as the new act 2

- no data file at the end of the episode

some other differences were:

- balcus has different colored clothes and a green, not red zoa-crystal

- the lost numbers are wearing the men in black uniform and not the regular guyver fodder suits.

- enzyme 2 was a different color

- murakami was different colors

- solum has different colors

- the guy that melts has a different death sequence(hell, everything about him was different except for the actual melting animation.

- now that i think about it, episode 8 was horribly butchered. at least ep 7 had enough of the original animation.

but i guess my point is that the best animation in the newer releases was from the original print and was typical of the entire original act 2.

I'm really at a loss to understand why there would be 2 different versions of act II floating around. I have bootleg copies of the original japanese laser disc, the US Renditions version, and have even seen the japanese version subbed in chinese, and they're all the same. I doubt VERY seriously that US Renditions would've had any sequences redrawn; that would've cost an absolute fortune and wouldn't have changed anything either way.

Murakami-kun has the same Miami Vice wannabe white outfit in all 3 versions, his zoalord battleform is always light green/violet, and Enzyme II was always off-white/light tan with dark skin and red eyes.

I'm almost hoping that this new show will take a page from the American movies and either scale the Zoanoids up in power, or scale the Guyver back in power.

This would make it less of a monster-of-the-week show and give a little more dramatic impact to the show, since the hero wouldn't always be one or two sword slices away from victory.

Okay ready....set.....TRANSLATE!............................k'mon someone translate it dammit..............DAMMIT DO IT! TRANSLATE IT STOP IGNORING ME!!!!!....OR THEM!>..................BRAAAH!..........please?

Direct translation from the article:

From Akiyama supervision "we would like to build up the battle action which is charm of the original in the picture whose quality is high. In addition, from we would like to do the dark part, to that you can sympathize ", that the enthusiasm talked.

Sounds like we're in for lots of dark battle action and talking enthusiasm :lol::lol::lol:

• 6 months later...

As far as I can remember, one of her earlier songs for anime was "It's Gonna Rain" for one of Rurouni Kenshin's endings. Interesting that she sounded different in that song from all her other ones. She has that Sheryl Crow-ish style to her, huh?

OKay guys, no one is seeding the episodes anymore and the first episode wont play, it just does an error messsage and closes.....none of my players like BS or VLC or anything will play it.

SO, wonder when the american release is gonna be out? lol

Hey I got a original tape recording of the first 4 episodes dubbed in English. I wonder one thing what channel it was on since I was like 8 years old when I saw it I think....But I still got the tape its quite old but still works is that what you are looking for? Im not sure if its an American Release but its in English and is dubbed nicely it was on some channel my sister recorded it on.

Edited by Dean