Shawn in NY

Shawn

shoot, so much to do, so little time.

look for music you can't find. go down to bleeker and look for albums you can't find anywhere else. i tell everyone that comes in from out of town and they always find something they've been searching high and low for.

go to the interpid....WTF, its a air craft carrier with planes planes and more planes!

the MET's always a good time....and don't listen to those mofo's in the front, you don't have to pay to get in. you can make a donation but its your choice.

clubs, are you into clubs? cause NYC got a lot of them. depending on your tastes, you'll find a band you like or a DJ spinning somewhere in town.

if you're trying to meet some chicks and actually want to get laid, go down to some dive bars in the LES(lower east side) the women there are a bit more relaxed and willing to use you for sex. :D

for eats, i'd hit my katz deli, its sort of expensive but the sandwiches are monsterous for the price. the reubens are good and forget about the brisket....it falls apart in your mouth, yum! if you're looking for something in particular, pick up a zagats.

Don't forget ScoresĀ  :D

oh yeah! but you better come strapped cause dollar bills are frowned upon....its all 10's and 20's up in that piece but the women....oh the women.

BTW the hudsonhotel is a tranny bar A1. the women you keep talking about are actually men. :blink:

j/k :lol:

Edited by haterist

All you guys are talkin about is tourist traps. Shawn, go to New York and party. There are super hot women there and since you live in SD you will never see them again. I suggest you sieze the day.

41 E 58th St

New York, NY 10022

Au Bar

Another really fun place.

ooooh, tourist traps eh? I'll show you a real tourist trap, largest tourist trap in NYC: Times Square :D

For lots of fun: Limelight Club!! 47 W. 29th (29th and Broadway). If you see a short flip breaking out his glo-nanchukas, say hi for me, lol.

Addendum: The Met, Museum of Natural History, and the Cloisters are all donation based. Once got 5 ppl in for a quarter, lol...

Edited by Akilae

ooooh, tourist traps eh? I'll show you a real tourist trap, largest tourist trap in NYC: Times Square :D

For lots of fun: Limelight Club!! 47 W. 29th (29th and Broadway). If you see a short flip breaking out his glo-nanchukas, say hi for me, lol.

Addendum: The Met, Museum of Natural History, and the Cloisters are all donation based. Once got 5 ppl in for a quarter, lol...

I think Shawn is slightly too old for clubs where kids show up with glo sticks. Isn't Shawn like 30?

Mundaring Weir in Western Australia has the World's Best Pizza. Theo has been crowned World Champion.

I'd be very keen on trying their pizza. I've been all over the United States, and the best Pizza I've found has been in Western New York. Not just one place, but nearly all of the Buffalo area has superior wings, subs, and pizza to the rest of the nation.

I've also found, though, that those recognized in any "official" capacity are often easily outdone by some unknown, hidden away somewhere.

Mundaring Weir in Western Australia has the World's Best Pizza. Theo has been crowned World Champion.

I'd be very keen on trying their pizza. I've been all over the United States, and the best Pizza I've found has been in Western New York. Not just one place, but nearly all of the Buffalo area has superior wings, subs, and pizza to the rest of the nation.

I've also found, though, that those recognized in any "official" capacity are often easily outdone by some unknown, hidden away somewhere.

I agree that WA is the most obscure place in the world to find the best pizza.

But Theo is a hard working guy. He's tried basically everything to keep his customers interested. That's probably how he came up with the dessert pizza's. HE got something with strawberries, chocolate and cream and yadda yadda...It makes you balk, but when you try it, you change your mind.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Shawn is slightly too old for clubs where kids show up with glo sticks. Isn't Shawn like 30?

Heh, like many of us, myself included, Shawn is closer to 40 now than he is to 30.

If any kids come waving glow sticks in my face, they get them shoved where the sun don't shine.

Grumpy, middle aged and proud of it!

Graham

whoever suggested Joe's Shanghai place got the name wrong, it's joe's ginger, but he was dead on about the quality of the food. the dumplings are the best that I've tasted in the U.S.

Definitely the place to go for quality Chinese food.

Did they change the name? I know it used to be called Joe's Shanghai a couple years back, and that's what my Zagat calls it. However, it has been a couple years....

Guest Bromgrev
Heh, like many of us, myself included, Shawn is closer to 40 now than he is to 30.

Speak for yourself. 2 years is hardly 'close', IMO! :unsure:

I guess I am a lousy tourist. I always try to go to the best restaurants and drinking establishments (and of course I nail hot women when I am single). I never go to see sights. I can look at that crap in the Airplane magazine.

God forbid anyone accuse YOU of being cultured.... :ph34r:<_<

anyway....

I hear Carnegie Deli has the worlds greatest cheesecake... I never tried any but my sandwich was good enough :) Unfortunately we didn't get a lot of time in NYC (we were on our way to Montreal for a convention and we had an overnight delay on our flight), but it was fun!

Something tells me Shawn never really checked this Thread after the first post he made...

Well, is not like he visits often this site anyways :lol:

As long as he keeps on paying the monthly hosting bills :o .

Graham

whoever suggested Joe's Shanghai place got the name wrong, it's joe's ginger, but he was dead on about the quality of the food. the dumplings are the best that I've tasted in the U.S.

Definitely the place to go for quality Chinese food.

Did they change the name? I know it used to be called Joe's Shanghai a couple years back, and that's what my Zagat calls it. However, it has been a couple years....

it's only a name... it was in the right place, and the food was good. That's all I cared about. I didn't have a quality map of NYC, so stumbled around China town for 20 minutes looking for it. But the good food more than made up for the time I spent looking.

Definitely recommend the place.

I guess I am a lousy tourist.Ā  I always try to go to the best restaurants and drinking establishments (and of course I nail hot women when I am single).Ā  I never go to see sights.Ā  I can look at that crap in the Airplane magazine.

God forbid anyone accuse YOU of being cultured.... :ph34r:<_<

anyway....

I hear Carnegie Deli has the worlds greatest cheesecake...

I AM cultured, just also efficient. All those things are cool when you have a GF.

And cheesecake will make you a fat girlie man!!

being overweight or liking cheesecake does not imply that one is a girly man. In fact, I'm quite certain I could go pound for pound with you on a bench press, if not surpass you. Implying a situation like you are points to an insecurity on your part. I suggest you address it :)

being overweight or liking cheesecake does not imply that one is a girly man. In fact, I'm quite certain I could go pound for pound with you on a bench press, if not surpass you. Implying a situation like you are points to an insecurity on your part. I suggest you address it :)

Yes... Being overweight does not necessarily make you a girlie man (just usually). But you can't have a back like this if you are a lardass.

Its my back BTW.

post-26-1112844183.jpg

... And just out of curiosity, what makes you think you are stronger than me?

... And just out of curiosity, what makes you think you are stronger than me?

Oh man, please let this turn into an real-life strength poo-talking thread.

Because Macross World hasn't sunk NEARLY low enough lately...