PREDATOR: Concrete Jungle

Hikuro

Roam the streets as the infamous Predator seeking revenge against a crime organization in two different time periods, the 1930's and 2030's where you must seek out members who wish to expose your race's existance where ties of the Weyland Industry come to light.

Using your various Predator hunting tactics go and slaughter those in your way, or hunt with honor against the prey which tries to push you to a corner, the hunter becoming the hunted.

Roam in a vast amount of City detail in cloaking ability with your various weapons and skills like wrist blade, smart discs, large saberlance, etc. Use even your unique helmet visions, thermoal, nueral, prey and tech scans.

The graphics look fairly nice for a Predator game where this time we can soley play as our favorite violent hunter. I was personally getting rather sick of the AVP franchise cashing in on games to do with the two species for over the last several years starting with the SNES moving to the PC and now the next gens.

Also, I was tired of all this first person crap and glad to see a nicely textured Predator in a 3rd person view and hope it stays that way as well.

I'm hoping stealth plays a big key since that's what made the Predator such an amazing character in the first place.

With an April 26th Release date for both PS2 and Xbox, I can't wait to see how this game goes.

Some ppl have managed to get their hands on a playable demo from some game conventions and say that the developers are off to a nice start for a Predator essenced game.

post-26-1110998415_thumb.jpg

Looks great. I have to say that I'm not yet tired of the AVP franchise though, even after that disaster of a movie that we were forced to deal with. I think it's time for another AVP game!

Looks great. I have to say that I'm not yet tired of the AVP franchise though, even after that disaster of a movie that we were forced to deal with. I think it's time for another AVP game!

yeah, I still love playing the arcade classic!

AWESOME!

For a minute, I thought you were gonna say that no Arnold = not a good game.

this is more predator 2 than the original so it would be No danny glover = not a good game also that guy who play hudson from aliens to fill in the predator movies role of the one guy who makes bad jokes and dies if you seen both movies ;).

They're gonna have to work real hard to impress me. Alien Vs. Predator 2 was a solid game with a killer engine and the best game balance since Starcraft. I doubt they'll be able to duplicate a lot of the what made the three races so much fun to play in AVP2. Naturally this game seems to be about the Predators and I hope it's good. Being a big X-Box fan, I could certainly go for a fourth killer app before the console is finished it's run. However, I have my doubts about this game being any good. Like so many of the big gaming franchises, most of the games are crap and only the few rare jems actually prove to be of any worth.

The screen shots are from the early development of the game from last year. So chances are things will look a bit different. You probably can't notice it, but in one of the caps with the Predator stabbing someone, the guy is about a good foot (in game retrospecs) from the spear, and in another cap the Predator is holding the spear but his fist isn't closed, its sorta wide open.

So there's still alot to be desired but like I said, caps from last year.

It does carry a P2 atmosphere, being gang related and in a busy city. However you'll go from the 1930's to 2030's...so there's going to be a big difference in enviorments as time changes. Enemies could go from incredibly dumb to hi-tech able to find your ass.

The cloaking you gotta becareful. The developers have it set that you must walk slowly and not brush against someone or things in order not to be spoted.

Running will diffenetly attract attention :p SO NO RUNNING!...if you wanna hunt with honor.

But I can't wait to use that shoulder caster and just shoot anything that will get me a trophy!

That's the thing I was wondering about too - these images don't show the steathy feel that the Predator operates in. If they can make that work it might make a good birthday gift for my brother, given the current release date.

Who's making it?

• 4 weeks later...

Next week Predator Concrete Jungle for the PS2 and Xbox will be released, April 26th.

I reserved mine just today getting rid of NFSU:Rivals with having to pay 23 dollars give or take at the door when it comes in unless I got mor ejunk to get rid of (like a DS.....?)

The game looks promising and I'm hoping to give a nice review upon its release when I pick it up next week.

Along side that, I also preordered SW:III for the Xbox (need for Xbox titles I only got Halo/2) which will be coming out the week AFTER Predator, Thursday May 5th.

• 2 weeks later...

This was just after a few minutes of game play...atleast till the middle of Chapter 2.

The game starts out rather interesting actually. But all this crap that you get to fight in the 1930's....is basically bs for now unless they do a flash back midway.

As the game starts, your trying to get back to your space ship, however your badly damaged, missing what I'd like to say a good 1/5th of your face and bleeding all over the place.

Things get, well "heated" as the city is in extreme chaos and along the way you kill an irish boss, skinned him and hung him up.

However, just as your about to make your way to your ship, the building around you crumbles as you fall down the roof.

You've just managed to survive that and in response knowing you have been defeated in the hunt so in response you self destruct more then half the city with your ship.....however.....you've somehow survived the destruction and for it, you are then exiled from your kind on a dreadful world.

100 years then pass and suddenly your kind returns to tell you that because of your failure, they are unable to hunt man cause they have managed to salvage the Predator technology and have advanced greatly and able to cause mayhem beyond their wildest dreams.

Now you must go and reclaim the honor of the hunt and kill those who have disgraced your technology.

The narration sounds interesting, telling the story as if it happened still long ago, but something sorta drove me to going "eeeeewwwww" as the words "Unnatural Love" appeared....I hope to god the Predator doesn't fall in love with a human girl.

Anyways, SFX's are great, straight from the Predator movies, movie seems to be remixed variations of 1 and 2.

The FMV graphics, SPECTACULAR! There's a fantastic scene where the fallen Predator is surrounded by his kind and the job was so well done that it looks like guys in Predator suits.

As your hunter is banished to a ruined world, your executioners appear, and at first I thought they were Xenomorphs, but they weren't, just really big ass scorpians, or so I think (hoping).

However missions are difficult as you gotta know your arsenal...and not too mention your not Invisible forever, water, and running out of power will drain your cloaking and even your caster shoulder rifle.

But there are plenty of recharge areas thus far, but in many levels you must remain incognedo to make success....: / hmmmm

Graphics for a predator game are not bad, I got no real complaints but I do wish the AI would have been developed a bit better......they mostly just run around and shoot at eachother.

But as of now that's all I can say of the game.

The games a bit difficult if you don't understand what your suppose to do. Your not really a good guy, and yet your not really a bad guy either....but your a hunter so you gotta think like the predator in my opinion.

I'm still not able to do what my mission peramiters require of me...which is to kill the copy cat cloakers and take 3 of them as trophies...now it tells you to do that you must be near some ledge and hit one of the buttons...however I couldn't read it in time since all I did was get antsy.

Hell not even training mode helps you along. Training mode is basics, combat and gagets. Gagets is pretty much learning to using your cloaking device, and your Vision scans.

Now to see the cloakers, you use the Tech Scan. In this mission you don't have too be cloaked cause you can kill anyone that comes around, and they just respawn in the end.

But there are plenty of power conduits on building tops so if your low on power, just use your tech scan and follow the strings of energy.

Okay now I"m figuring things out.

In Chapter 2, when you enter Neonopolis, you are to flay 3 of the Cloaked serial killers. To do so you must switch your vision to tech mode and begin to look around for your targets.

If you find movement of someone in white similar to yourself, a white outline, that'll be your prey.

You should easily find your first victum just below you from the building top as there's a prey trying too find some people to kill, some are police I believe.

Switch to your cloak and leap down infront of your target. Beat the snot out of him unarmed would be simple. With your weak melee attack and using the L button to lock on, just before killing him you should be able to latch on to him.

He'll be unable to move completely from your beefy grasp as you follow the arrows to a roof top suitable to send him.

Once you find a good spot, enter the Red Triangular platform and you'll witness the carnage as your frightened victum finally sees who you really are and pleads for his life unaware of his fate. Then you'll see the Predator slice and dice his skin off and hang him off a ledge giving a victory chant.

Following this, find either a recharge point or jump roof top to roof top with your cloak off. The trick is to conserve your energy.

After you flay your last 2 victums it'll come to a cut scene as Riot Police in Exosquad reject Mecha appear.

Now you must kill ALL of the riot police including the Ulyssess Mecha and let me tell you that's not easy.

These mecha are equipped with a high powered vulcan gattling gun and a missile launcher and a grappler arm. The trick is to get close enough without him being able to use its Gattling gun, so you really only have to worry about its grappler arm. When its ready to lunge at you, JUMP or else you'll loose a third of your health easily.

If your spotted by too many Riot Police members, they'll call for backup. But your primary concern is taking out the Mecha battalion as they're the most threatening.

A quick way of getting rid of them is setting up trap mines and using small, SMALL portions from your caster rifle. Atleast 2-3 small bursts at the middle will knock out 1 mecha. Then you gotta go find a recharge point, at best you can do 3 shots if you get a good target lock before you charge...charging while you aim will conserve to much power so becareful.

If your spotted, go to cloak and jump to a few different roof tops and they'll loose sight of you. But if you end up falling, walk slllooowwwwwwllllllyyyy in cloak, be incogneeto.

That's basically the strategy for Chapter 1 thus far....I failed though cause I didn't think carefully enough.