Mike Tyson to fight again

From the BSU archives:

[14:36] Legato bsu: He should do a movie with Segal. It could be like a buddy cop movie

[14:37] G0LG0 XIII: you mean like the one with Vandamme and Dennis Rodman?

[14:37] Legato bsu: YES!!!

[14:37] Legato bsu: Stop reading my mind!

[14:37] G0LG0 XIII: lol

[14:37] G0LG0 XIII: he should

[14:37] G0LG0 XIII: I'd see it

[14:38] Legato bsu: I can already imagine the trailer...

[14:38] G0LG0 XIII: Mike tyson is the most pure athlete there has been in my lifetime

[14:38] Legato bsu: "For detective Sonny Andonoploisissss, life was good. Until he met his new partner..."

[14:39] Legato bsu: *Segal walks into a room in slow mo.*

*sees Tyson*

[14:39] G0LG0 XIII: lol!

[14:39] G0LG0 XIII: who is bussy eating a chair

[14:39] Legato bsu: hahaa

[14:39] Legato bsu: Segal - "Oh boy."

[14:39] G0LG0 XIII: he would have been a good xXx

[14:40] Legato bsu: Maybe in xXx 3

[14:40] Legato bsu: or X to the power of 3, like Alien 3 was

[14:40] Legato bsu: or X3?

[14:41] G0LG0 XIII: lol

[14:41] G0LG0 XIII: sure

[14:41] G0LG0 XIII: http://www.edgecity.net/img/tyson_eats_baby.jpg

[14:41] G0LG0 XIII: that guy has kids

[14:41] Legato bsu: I'm sure he has more than that

[14:42] G0LG0 XIII: The only guy that could ever beat tyson in his prime:

[14:42] G0LG0 XIII: http://members.aol.com/gallery7v/punch2.jpg

[14:42] Legato bsu: LOL

[14:43] Legato bsu: Who'd win a fight? Tyson or John Matrix from Commando?

[14:44] G0LG0 XIII: Tyson

[14:44] G0LG0 XIII: Army dudes are nuthin next to boxers

[14:44] Legato bsu: yeah, but remember that Matrix "Eats Green Berets for breakfast"

[14:45] Legato bsu: first, Matrix would smell Tyson before he got there.

[14:45] G0LG0 XIII: true

[14:45] Legato bsu: (we'll pretend he didn't have his tool shed full of guns)

[14:45] G0LG0 XIII: oh yeah

[14:45] G0LG0 XIII: no guns

[14:46] G0LG0 XIII: tyson would just shatter his ribcage

[14:46] G0LG0 XIII: like glass

[14:46] Legato bsu: so while Jenny distracts Tyson, Matrix sneaks into an ambush position

[14:46] G0LG0 XIII: he actually did that once

[14:46] Legato bsu: really?

[14:48] Legato bsu: ultimately, Matrix would kill Tyson in some sort of unrealistic but ironic way

[14:48] G0LG0 XIII: maybe

[14:48] Legato bsu: like he'd bury "Iron Mike" under a ton of scrap iron

[14:48] G0LG0 XIII: I thought this fight was just fists

[14:48] Legato bsu: I said "no guns"

[14:48] G0LG0 XIII: arnold isn't that quick on his feet

[14:49] Legato bsu: the button to release the iron would be conveniently close by

[14:49] Legato bsu: but Matrix would take a bit of a beating though

[14:49] G0LG0 XIII: I think it would be pretty easy to outsmart tyson

[14:49] Legato bsu: yeah, haha

[14:50] G0LG0 XIII: but if it were just fists... Tyson will reign

[14:50] Legato bsu: Matrix would say "Look ofer dere! Ees Robin Givens!"

[14:50] G0LG0 XIII: lol

[14:51] Legato bsu: Then when Tyson says "Where, I don't see no bitch" and turns his head, it's scrap iron time

[14:53] Legato bsu: then Matrix would pun him, like "You need some more iron in your diet."

I actually met him at AMC Theatres in Woodland Hills, CA, last Thanksgiving. He was surprisingly very polite, given his uncanny reputation. He went in to watch Alexander; don't know if either that was part of some sort of therapy he was taking or he was suffering from insomnia, as that was a boring-ass movie.

I actually met him at AMC Theatres in Woodland Hills, CA, last Thanksgiving. He was surprisingly very polite, given his uncanny reputation. He went in to watch Alexander; don't know if either that was part of some sort of therapy he was taking or he was suffering from insomnia, as that was a boring-ass movie.

A boring movie to sedate him sounds like a therapuetic plan to me.

If you're a true boxing fan you can appreciate what Mike did for the sport. Mike was one of the youngest men to ever win a championship belt. Also, Mike unified all the belts of each sanctioning orginization. He was one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen and responsible for many of the fastest knockouts I've seen.

If you're a true boxing fan you can appreciate what Mike did for the sport. Mike was one of the youngest men to ever win a championship belt. Also, Mike unified all the belts of each sanctioning orginization. He was one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen and responsible for many of the fastest knockouts I've seen.

Was he the first one to bite someone's ear off in the ring?

Was he the first one to bite someone's ear off in the ring?

You'd bite somebody's ear too if you kept getting head-butted all night.

Uh, would I????

I gotta imagine he wasn't the first boxer to feel he was getting head-butted all night long but he's definitely the only that springs to my mind as taking an ear. "This isn't revenge, this is punishment!"

I'm not disparraging the boy though. He put his name on Punch Out and that's one of those few games that actually made me as manly as I am today. I still go jogging around the neighborhood in my bright pink sweats occasionally.

Uh, would I????

I gotta imagine he wasn't the first boxer to feel he was getting head-butted all night long but he's definitely the only that springs to my mind as taking an ear. "This isn't revenge, this is punishment!"

I'm not disparraging the boy though. He put his name on Punch Out and that's one of those few games that actually made me as manly as I am today. I still go jogging around the neighborhood in my bright pink sweats occasionally.

Actually he isn't the first, Evander bit somebody during a sparring session. This happens alot and more than you hear about. The media blew it up because of Mike's reputation. Anyways, Mike fought Evander twice; in both fights Evander headbutted that man something terrible. The negotitation for the second fight included a no head-butting clause.

Thats why I started this thread.. As far as athletes go, Tyson is the greatest to walk the earth in my time.

Whoa! He was in an episode of WEBSTER! Now I bet you Emmanuel Lewis could kick his ass. Webster was the baddest of the bad!

Rob

I think that kid is dead. He had the same disease Gary Coleman did from what I heard.

Thats why I started this thread.. As far as athletes go, Tyson is the greatest to walk the earth in my time.

his personal life aside, I have to agree... during my childhood, if you asked ANY of my friends who the "best boxer" was (the few that knew or cared at that age), they all would've said Tyson, hands down.

Whoa!  He was in an episode of WEBSTER!  Now I bet you Emmanuel Lewis could kick his ass.  Webster was the baddest of the bad!

Rob

I think that kid is dead. He had the same disease Gary Coleman did from what I heard.

Nope he is not dead. he actually did a TV show here in japan a few months ago. He actually runs his own company now and is married (BTW she is very HOT!) and is really rich. It was funny because they kept getting him confused with Gary Coleman and he lost his temper a few times. :lol:

Rob

his personal life aside, I have to agree... during my childhood, if you asked ANY of my friends who the "best boxer" was (the few that knew or cared at that age), they all would've said Tyson, hands down.

Anyone that played Punch-Out knew he was the toughest boxer in the world.

Yes, that's what I knew him from...

Who here could actually beat Tyson in that game?

Back in my youth, I could beat him. I think I only ever did it twice that I can recall. He was a quick mofo in that game! I just remember the first round started with him throwing uppercuts for the first 30 seconds or so, so all you I could do was dodge until my thumb hurt.

Speaking of Punchout.. Who here could actually beat Tyson in that game?

Nah couldn't beat him. I could kick the crap outta everyone else though.

He was a great boxer, no question, but its amazing that pieces of garbage like Mike Tyson get more chances. Whats next? Him appearring on the Surreal Life 5 on VH-1?

Speaking of Punchout.. Who here could actually beat Tyson in that game?

Nah couldn't beat him. I could kick the crap outta everyone else though.

He was a great boxer, no question, but its amazing that pieces of garbage like Mike Tyson get more chances. Whats next? Him appearring on the Surreal Life 5 on VH-1?

Yeah, I am with you... I couldn't beat him either. could get to him without much trouble though.

Actually beat Tyson eventually. He wasn't easy, but once you got his pattern down and could dodge fast enough, he was pretty beatable. If I remember right, the longer the fight dragged on, the more likely you were hosed.

-Al

Wow, thats the oposite of reality... Tyson in real life always had to put fools away quick because he didn't have the stamina that other fighters had.

Actually beat Tyson eventually.  He wasn't easy, but once you got his pattern down and could dodge fast enough, he was pretty beatable.  If I remember right, the longer the fight dragged on, the more likely you were hosed.

-Al

Wow, thats the oposite of reality... Tyson in real life always had to put fools away quick because he didn't have the stamina that other fighters had.

That's more in line with strategies I heard, which boiled down to spend the first round dodging and make up for it later when he slows down enough that you have an opening to hit him.

Of course, the one I heard the most was "enter a secret code and Luigi jumps out of the audience and shoots Tyson."

That's more in line with strategies I heard, which boiled down to spend the first round dodging and make up for it later when he slows down enough that you have an opening to hit him.

Okay, I must be smoking something then. Maybe I'm confusing my memories with the fact that if you let Tyson smoosh you around and knock you down a few times while trying to get hits in, things will get much harder. But if you stay mostly fresh, you have a much better chance down the line as he slows down. Or something.

-Al

Okay, I must be smoking something then. Maybe I'm confusing my memories with the fact that if you let Tyson smoosh you around and knock you down a few times while trying to get hits in, things will get much harder. But if you stay mostly fresh, you have a much better chance down the line as he slows down. Or something.

-Al

*shrugs*

I played the game once, a long time ago.

Had no idea what the controls did, lost to Glass Joe while trying to figure it out. Turned me off the game rather quickly.

Best Tyson quotes ever:

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."
"I just want to conquer people and their souls"
"I have some pain I'm gonna have for the rest of my life. So every now and then I kick your fu*king ass"
"You gentlemen have no idea what it's like to be myself, no idea what it's like. I'm not interested in being humiliated anymore."