Robotech/Mospeada cold-cast porcelain sculpture!

MGREXX

Is anybody picking this gem up???  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is anybody picking this gem up???

• Yes, I an so buying it. It's awsome and it will be mine!!!!!
    • Not buying it, yet another inferior Toynami product.
    • I want it, but it's way overpriced!!!!!!!!!!
    • I am still boycotting all Robotech related merchandise.

Man you think they could come up with a more original theme... Basically all they did was copy the VF-1S and the Regult pose. 2 Mospeada's would have been awesome. One in Bike Mode and one in Ride Armor Mode!

As they are book ends for the Alpha MPCs...I don't think MOSPEADAs would work.

I love the Gamo/Pincer...but that thing costs nearly what 2 MPCs do. A bit much. I understand it's all about demand and cost of manufacture, so I don't begrudge them for selling it at that price, but I unfortunately won't be getting one.

Man you think they could come up with a more original theme...  Basically all they did was copy the VF-1S and the Regult pose.  2 Mospeada's would have been awesome.  One in Bike Mode and one in Ride Armor Mode!

As they are book ends for the Alpha MPCs...I don't think MOSPEADAs would work.

I love the Gamo/Pincer...but that thing costs nearly what 2 MPCs do. A bit much. I understand it's all about demand and cost of manufacture, so I don't begrudge them for selling it at that price, but I unfortunately won't be getting one.

Come to think about it, Toynami is definitely going to make a 4th bookend...the mospeada (ride armor) one <_< when or if they make the cyclones.

I'll probably wait till the NG bookends drop in price. 1000 is a lot. Who knows, Toynami might pull a fast one like they did with the VF-1S bookends..producing only 500 and short changing some vendors like they did with twin moons <_< !

They will defenetly not drop in price but INCREASE in value due to their limited avalability. Just look at the other two previously released bookends. They sold for $150.00 a pop and are now going for at least $400.00. :D:D

As for me being a Robotechie???????........Damn straight!!!!!!

They will defenetly not drop in price but INCREASE in value due to their limited avalability. Just look at the other two previously released bookends. They sold for $150.00 a pop and are now going for at least $400.00. :D:D

you forget:

vf-1s bookends...500

vf-1j be......200

alpha...1000 <_<

$175...meh

$80..ok :p

From the pictures I've seen they just didn't look that impressive. I also don't have any of the MPC Alphas because they just seem overpriced to me at 80 bucks a pop. No bias against Toynami as far as they're concerned, either. No one else is making a better product, it's just a little beyond what I'm willing to pay. On top of that, I'm one of the few people that really dislikes the MPC boxes, to me they're just gaudy looking, and if I did get any MPCs they'd be out of the box, and the box would wind up in my closet somewhere waiting until I had to pack all my stuff up to move again. All that leaves me with no reason to shell out for the book ends.

On top of that, I'm one of the few people that really dislikes the MPC boxes, to me they're just gaudy looking, and if I did get any MPCs they'd be out of the box, and the box would wind up in my closet somewhere waiting until I had to pack all my stuff up to move again. All that leaves me with no reason to shell out for the book ends.

WHAT? You hate the boxes??!?!!!!?!!?!????????? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

The boxes ARE what the MPC collection is all about man!!!!!!

...not the content inside :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I always said that it's a $60.00 box with a $19.99 toy inside. ;)

Especially for the VF series. YIKES!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Man you think they could come up with a more original theme... Basically all they did was copy the VF-1S and the Regult pose. 2 Mospeada's would have been awesome. One in Bike Mode and one in Ride Armor Mode!

Let's not forget that this is the bookends for the ALPHA MPCs. Having two Cyclones as your bookends would just be wrong wouldn't it? The Cyclones are supposed to be next so those bookends will probably be much more up your alley. I haven't purchased a bookend yet and am not going to start now. I like my toys more than my boxes also.

WHAT? You hate the boxes??!?!!!!?!!?!????????? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

With a hands on inspection, the exterior of the boxes look like they were printed using a $50-80 home use inkjet printer. Both Harmony Gold and Toynami have also been using way oversaturated colours for their Robotech merchandise, making them look cheap and the artwork amaturish.

I always said that it's a $60.00 box with a $19.99 toy inside. ;)

Especially for the VF series.  YIKES!!!!!! :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

You give the boxes too much credit, but I think you're spot on with the worth of the toys themselves. They don't look like terrible toys, but for 80 bucks I can get a much better toy of the same thing. For the amount they want for an MPC with FAST packs, I can get a 1/48th scale Yamato Valkyrie, and possibly even have enough left over for coffee at Denny's.

Just saw an ebay auction that ended with a shipped price for$135 for the NG bookends :p ...of course, its a pre-order <_< .

Just saw an ebay auction that ended with a shipped price for$135 for the NG bookends  ...of course, its a pre-order  .

I was referring to the two previously released bookends :p

of course the new wbookend prices will vary and OBVIOUSLY be not as pricey as the others due to it's increased vloume run.

Edited by MGREXX