3 Million Pledged to save Enterprise!

Magnus

The thread was nuked? Looks like it's still standing to me. I was just playing the part of the "obnoxious" poster that the major (who's still gabbering on and on btw) labled me as for giving a simple opinion he couldn't read correctly. Sheesh, don't be a baby about your poor thread.

Retain your own identity next time and don't play the part that someone else labels you with. Don't give into peer pressure, it's not worth it. I think you need to take a swim in "Lake You"!

Edited by Magnus

It has nothing to do with the fact I still believe Trekkie's on their own could never amass so much money

So it's some kind of big conspiracy? :huh: Psycho fangirl. :blink:

Your IQ is no higher than 72, is that your problem? I have no idea what part of that dark hole you call your ass you get some of that BS you spew.

Yes, it's some major conspiracy and even involves a grassy knoll. Davic Duchuvney will make a statement soon. I'm sure all those millions and millions and millions of Trekkies agree.

Magnus, that's good advice. You should take it.

It has nothing to do with the fact I still believe Trekkie's on their own could never amass so much money

So it's some kind of big conspiracy? :huh: Psycho fangirl. :blink:

Hey Duke, that picture is SWEET! Care to share any of those sexy shots of Derek Jeter hanging on your wall? ;)

Don't have any, but thanks for asking!

Wow guys.....just wow. I didn't relaize that they wre unwritten MW rules about enjoying things. Wow....

As for the 3 mil, I never saw the show so I can't judge, but whatever floats their boats, you know? It's dedication. Who cares anywyas?

umm trekkies are scary

trekkies who dress up uber scary

trekkies with financial backing ***king brutally scary

fat dudes and gals dressed as klingons hilarious!

fat klingons at a bar in public toasting ka'plar??? ***king sad and twistedly unnatural :D

then again i collect the little ships... :D:D:D

I'm sorry, but I just have to say that if MacrossWorld rules allow bashing of Macross, Star Wars, Evangelion, and all the popular movies that come up for discussion, there's no way in hell that Trek discussions should be given preferential treatment. I understand there are some fans of the Trek series here, but how many times has the subject of bashing and heated fan debates been covered in other threads? It's obviously allowed, so please get over the fact that your fellow MW members will be sarcastic jerks from time to time (like myself) and chime in with their oh-so-pithy comments.

This is a fanboard after all. Make no excuses and post your opinions.

Fair enough. But why is it, for example, nobody is jumping in the Stargate SG1 thread? I just read that and you have 2 pages of nothing but friendly posts of people who like the show. Now I don't like that show, but I don't feel the need to go in it say what a sh*tty show it is and the people who do like it must be retards or something.

So please everyone, let's have equal sarcastic jerk behavior! But then, I just can't bring myslef to butt in and ruin their conversation and turn it in to a flame war.

Why is it Jemstone and Duke Togo aren't there trashing it? Do they think SG1 is cool or something? I'm sure Duke could search around and find some gay McGyver pictures, he seems to keep those kind of pics at his finger tips.

I'm also a Trek fan who liked Enterprise but it's pretty useless considering Mel Karmezin wants NOTHING to do with Trek (after this series is over).

It's dead folks......give Star Trek the rest it truely needs.  ;)

Who?

President of Viacom (owns Paramount).

Mel Karmezin <-------- own's the world :ph34r: shhhh don't tell

But why is it, for example, nobody is jumping in the Stargate SG1 thread?

I'm sure Duke could search around and find some gay McGyver pictures, he seems to keep those kind of pics at his finger tips.

Um, because nobody watches Stargate SG1?

And, its MACGYVER, thank you.

macgyver.jpg

Why is it Jemstone and Duke Togo aren't there trashing it? Do they think SG1 is cool or something? I'm sure Duke could search around and find some gay McGyver pictures, he seems to keep those kind of pics at his finger tips.

You can just ask me directly instead of being a sarcastic pussy about this. Maybe because the Stargate fans didn't accomulate millions of dollar (still wondering what kind of financial backing since these "millions" of ST fans would never bother in reality) to save a Stargate show??? Not that Atlantis even deserves to be saved.....

Johnathan if it makes you feel any better, I will go out and buy the two disc edition of First Contact on DVD.

EDIT: Duke, ya beat me to it.

Edited by Jemstone

Who cares? It's a message board. You'll find people with same tastes and some who hate yours. That's life. Granted, some topics have more opponents than others...but hey...who cares? If I like something someone else doesn't, I dont give a rat's ass if they don't like it.

But I'm glad I don't like Trek. :p;)

a fanboy = a person who enjoys a particular TV show/anime series and must have anything and everything related to that show/series, this includes toys, models, books, plush, posters(or as dorks like to put them, wall scrolls), stupid accessories like lighters, keychains, shoelaces, and the extreme....matching bed sheets. :p but it doesn't stop there, these folks are actually dorky enough to dress up as their favorite character and run around conventions asking for autographs, jocking some no name actors, telling them how great they are....this is beyond dork-dom as far as i'm concerned.

oh, and these people usually live in the basement of their parents house but claim they got their own place since theres a seperate entrance into the basement. :lol:

Oh dear sweet Jesus! This describes me! NOOO! I'm a fanboy! Thank God it's only a series 6 episodes long with a totally crappy sequel which I do not care about. And if there were sheets, I'd have them! And yes, my basement apartment has its own entrance, and my mom doesn't care who comes by, only if they go home by eleven. Just please give me a gun so I can end it all now! :p

Now, I realize I am the biggest Gunbuster fan any of you out there may have met, and there was a time that Macross even surpassed Gunbuster, but I have not been a fan of any of the Star Trek franchises outside of the original series. The Next Generation had its fair share of good episodes, but I stopped watching it when DS9 came on the scene, and I have only seen a few episodes of Voyager or Enterprise. But out of the few episodes of Enterprise I have seen, I can honestly say I was bored with them, and I really do not see the need to carry on the show. Let Enterprise die.

Now, back to more news and commentary...

I say with that 3 mil that they saved up, they can probably do a much better Finale of Enterprise: blow the living (and unliving) Sh!t out of the ship in the last 5 min of the Finale, that way the Trekkies can have the ending they want, after all, isnt the best part of Trek the ship-to-ship combat?

You can just ask me directly instead of being a sarcastic pussy about this.

Takes one to know one, and your better equipped. ;) And don't buy First Contact on my account, it's not my favorite or anything. Besides, I don't want to see Nausicaa again.

Lighning 06; be careful. That last post had a semi interesting and or constructive idea. That kind of thing don't go 'round here, savvy? :ph34r:

Duke Togo, you certainly don't dissapoint, but I wish you would.

I'm sorry, but I just have to say that if MacrossWorld rules allow bashing of Macross, Star Wars, Evangelion, and all the popular movies that come up for discussion, there's no way in hell that Trek discussions should be given preferential treatment.  I understand there are some fans of the Trek series here, but how many times has the subject of bashing and heated fan debates been covered in other threads?  It's obviously allowed, so please get over the fact that your fellow MW members will be sarcastic jerks from time to time (like myself) and chime in with their oh-so-pithy comments.

This is a fanboard after all.  Make no excuses and post your opinions.

Fair enough. But why is it, for example, nobody is jumping in the Stargate SG1 thread? I just read that and you have 2 pages of nothing but friendly posts of people who like the show. Now I don't like that show, but I don't feel the need to go in it say what a sh*tty show it is and the people who do like it must be retards or something.

So please everyone, let's have equal sarcastic jerk behavior! But then, I just can't bring myslef to butt in and ruin their conversation and turn it in to a flame war.

I certainly can't speak for Jemstone or Duke Togo, but I haven't run into the Stargate thread to post a dissenting opinion because Stargate SG-1 simply doesn't warrant any significant discussion of a controversial nature.

You see, as much as people love Stargate SG-1, it has been my experience that most of it's fans simply don't treat it like a religion. Not to say that some would, it's just been my experience that they don't. I have never heard nor read about crazy Stargate SG-1 fans and their OCDs. Most importantly, if such occurances do exist, I won't find them at the forefront of public media.

By way of comparison, I've heard all about the trekkie who left his wife and kids to pursue his fandom and spread the "trek gospel" and I've read about the "trekkie juror" who wore her Star Trek uniform to court and I've seen the infamous Shatner get a life speech. And yes, I've heard, read, and seen all of this simply because it's been on public media and is deemed important enough to print on front pages or produce documentaries. Simple fact is, Trek fans take their fandom of Trek far too seriously, especially given my own personal opinion of the show's worth (or lack thereof).

As a result, controversy ensues :)

Personally, I not only feel that Trek is substandard, worthless material, but I'm willing to stand up and say so whenever a discussion is created. Especially since I am part of the MW community and I want to impart my opinion (which I value) upon other members here. Probably in the hope that eventually Trek will die and that more people will hope it does like I do.

No doubt I am now to be categorized as a demon-spawned, hatemonger out to spread word of my anti-Trek manifesto to all the other pagans who would dare to attack the gospel which is Trek and it's fandom. To that criticism, I say let your venom fly cause you only prove my point that Trek is crap. I could certainly go into all the reasons why I dislike Trek, but that's another intense discussion which I'm sure you don't care about anyway. Suffice it to say, I dislike Trek for all it's many weaknesses as entertainment, I dislike the negative effect it has upon production of other sci-fi television (Straczynski anyone?), and I dislike the fanatical fandom continuing to preach the poison of Trek's philiosophy like some union of fundamentalism meets L. Ron Hubbard.

That's why Trek threads turn bad and why Stargate SG-1 is treated like something that it is...an entertaining television show.

Again, fair enough Mr. March. But for the record, all I ever said about ST here, was that I like Enterprise, and hope it isn't cancelled. And I was willing to kick in $20 for that cause, less than the price of a single 1/72 Hase. Valk. I'm not holding candle light vigils, I'm not praying to Kobol( wait, that's Galactica isn't it?) And I don't walk in public or private in a Starfleet uniform or any other costume.

I even agree the show has it's problems, especially for the first 2 seasons, which I didn't watch most of. There seems to be this assumption that if your a fan of any ST, your a total fanatic cult member. Just because there are some types like that, doesn't mean we all are.

You presumably like Macross, does that mean you dress up in the basement as Minmay and sing karaoke? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

You presumably like Macross, does that mean you dress up in the basement as Minmay and sing karaoke? Not that there's anything wrong with that.  :D

Did anyone else just go to a scary visual place? :lol:

Edited by Gaijin

Get back on topic guys, or this thread is on the fast track to locksville.

Anyway, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but 3 million is not exactly a large amount of money in today's world (although I wouldn't sneeze at it). I'm just wondering exactly how many episodes of Enterprise would 3 million buy?

Graham

Get back on topic guys, or this thread is on the fast track to locksville.

Anyway, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but 3 million is not exactly a large amount of money in today's world (although I wouldn't sneeze at it). I'm just wondering exactly how many episodes of Enterprise would 3 million buy?

Graham

Why, an entire season, Graham. You see, being that the franchise isn't doing well these days, the budgets, and thus the production value, had slipped way down down... It actually only costs three fiddy to make a single episode if Enterprise. That's right Graham, only three fiddy. That's US currency, of course.

Hmmm, I don't suppose its filmed in Canada, is it? They could get more bang for their buck that way.

Star Trek has been going down the path to Sucksville ever since Roddenberry died. It's just that with Enterprise, they came to the clearing at the end of the path. I blame Berman for driving the bus and Paramount for providing the gas. But all the Trekkies have been willing passengers.

This is coming from a reformed Trekkie.

You can just ask me directly instead of being a sarcastic pussy about this.

Takes one to know one, and your better equipped. ;) And don't buy First Contact on my account, it's not my favorite or anything. Besides, I don't want to see Nausicaa again.

Damn straight! It doesn't say much for your manhood now does it? If you don't appreciate animated masterworks of art then that's your own problem.

No doubt I am now to be categorized as a demon-spawned, hatemonger out to spread word of my anti-Trek manifesto to all the other pagans who would dare to attack the gospel which is Trek and it's fandom.

No, Mr March, you're not a en evil "female" that hurt his Trekkie pride like an insecure and sexist fool he is. He saves the venom and "psychosis" rants for strong women (of color in my case). Don't believe so? See if Togo was referred to as "psycho" and he's been just as adamant as I am. I'm used to his sad type. They don't like to be "beaten" by girls and therefor always go for the standard "insanity/bitchy/c*nt" attack. Then again he actually bothered to read your post adequately before replying and throwing out labels.

Graham

That's a good question because supposedly every episode of Enterprise cost 5 million to produce. Something I also find hard to believe and wouldn't be surprised if UPN was inflating numbers. I'll bet it's about a million per episode.

Edited by Jemstone

I believe it costs 5 mil per episode to produce. Production costs are outrageous. There are hundreds of people who need fulltime employment to keep a show like that going.

The Next Generation cost $1.5 - $2 million to produce each episode. Calculating for 10 years of inflation (fudge fudge fudge), I'd say it costs about $3.5 million per ep of Enterprise. Perhaps the larger budget episodes cost more.

Maybe Scott Bakula just has a really good agent and gets 4 million an episode? 5 million per episode does seem a bit high, but not that high. A typical 'blockbuster' is running 100 million or more.

Jemstone, I'm not sexist, I only wish more women were fans of something like Macross. This is my pathetic offer of a truce, I didn't mean most of what I said. I was only trying a little 'see how you like it' crap. IMHO, you came into this thread with fairly hostile intent and I felt it was uncalled for. You can think I'm wrong or thin skinned. Maybe I am.

I'm just finding myslef wishing this place would lighten up a bit and quit looking for chance to put-down each other and trash whatever you happen not to like. It's like Lord of the Flies here lately.

Jemstone, I'm not sexist, I only wish more women were fans of something like Macross. This is my pathetic offer of a truce, I didn't mean most of what I said. I was only trying a little 'see how you like it' crap. IMHO, you came into this thread with fairly hostile intent and I felt it was uncalled for. You can think I'm wrong or thin skinned. Maybe I am.

Personally, the only problem I see with Jem is that she is lacking a good avatar. This needs to be remedied.

You're not? Sure coulda fooled me. Selective treatment is obvious in your posts whether you were consciencely aware of them or not doesn't change a thing. Just remember you were the one who went around calling people "obnoxious" for opinions they didn't even state. You didn't like the consequences of that. Live with it. Now I actually believe you didn't mean some of what you said because you were really just joking (poser fangirl) but some other things you said... I don't buy that you didn't mean them. This "conceited bitch" knows better.

How does my blanket comment show hostile intent towards anyone particular on here?

"I don't believe it. More like a dozen or so fanboys did whatever means necessary. How many bake offs did that take? Better yet "tsunami relief money" only it's going to be used for Star Trek."
I'm just finding myslef wishing this place would lighten up a bit and quit looking for chance to put-down each other and trash whatever you happen not to like. It's like Lord of the Flies here lately.

This place is "light" for the most part. I believe you're guilty of what you are complaining about. You couldn't wait to trash someone for thinking the Enterprise donations were lame. Your motives never entered the equation for me other than you put words in my mouth and accused me of something I didn't even say. Only you not only pointed fingers but posted in such a way as if you had nobody targeted specifically. I let you know what I thought but even then you still never bothered to understand my original point. SO I then told you to get a life because fact still is I don't really care. I'm just not going to roll over and be talked down to whenever someone feels the need to trash me for things I'm innocent of.

EDIT: If you'd like I'll pass you soem yoshinol and we can brush this udner the carpet.

Edited by Jemstone

Personally, the only problem I see with Jem is that she is lacking a good avatar. This needs to be remedied.

LOL I haven't found one that inspires me since the last one mechamaniac sent me that had a crushed Zent soldier's head under Milia's Quad.

Again, fair enough Mr. March. But for the record, all I ever said about ST here, was that I like Enterprise, and hope it isn't cancelled. And I was willing to kick in $20 for that cause, less than the price of a single 1/72 Hase. Valk. I'm not holding candle light vigils, I'm not praying to Kobol( wait, that's Galactica isn't it?) And I don't walk in public or private in a Starfleet uniform or any other costume.

I even agree the show has it's problems, especially for the first 2 seasons, which I didn't watch most of. There seems to be this assumption that if your a fan of any ST, your a total fanatic cult member. Just because there are some types like that, doesn't mean we all are.

You presumably like Macross, does that mean you dress up in the basement as Minmay and sing karaoke? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

The degree of individual fan appreciation is really irrelevant in my mind, though I certainly accept any Trek fan at their word when they scale their own fandom. As I said, I dislike the show/fandom on numerous levels, so I bash Trek with impunity :)

Support the franchise if you wish and certainly make every effort to save it, should your level of fan appreciation warrant such action. I think the franchise is worthless and deserves to die; as a result, I'll defend my desire to declare it so.

Now to your regularly scheduled thread now in progress...