Possible Upcoming Hase Macross Kits!

Valk009

Oh Man!!!! A VF-11 would be a dream come true!!! If they do it I hope they do the nose right like the Yamato, Yellow sub, or Club M versions. I hated the Duck Bill variable version that was done....can't remember by whom though.

No all I need is a darn FFR-31 Sylphid from Yukikaze!!! Damn you Yellow Sub what's taking so Long!!!!!!!or platz for that matter!

Chris

I just picked up the new April 2005 issues of both Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby magazine, just out in Hong Kong today.

Unfortunately, there is no news of any new Hasegawa Macross model kits, except for pics of the box art of the upcoming VF-1A/J/S fighter mode kit, which we already know about, that is due for release in March for a price of 2,100yen.

Hopefully the news that Valk009 (Andy) mentioned will be in next month's magazines. Oh well, one more month to wait!

Graham

Personally, I'd like to see Battroid mode kits of the YF-19/VF-19A and YF-21/VF-22S from Hasegawa. And of course Battroid mode kits of the VF-0A/B/D/S and SV-51 as well.

Gerwalk kits would of course also be nice, but are probably too much to hope for as, the Gerwalk has always been the least popular of the 3 modes and Hasegawa may think that the sales figures would not justify the expense of producing these kits.

What does surprise me though is that Hasegawa have not yet released a FAST Pack version of the YF-19 & YF-21 kits Fighter mode kits. These would sell quite well I would have thought, especially if they included a Fold Booster as well.

Graham

I'm just wondering if one of these days, Hasegawa will decide to give us all a big surprise and release a large scale PG style variable kit. Although if they did this, I imagine that they would play safe and go with the VF-1 first.

Graham

I'm just wondering if one of these days, Hasegawa will decide to give us all a big surprise and release a large scale PG style variable kit. Although if they did this, I imagine that they would play safe and go with the VF-1 first.

Graham

highly doubtful. Hasegawa is a fine scale model company first and foremost. If you look at the material and design of their battroids, you'd know they're not even meant to be excessively handled or played with like Bandai gunpla snap togethers. It took Bandai more than a decade in the gundam business to even do something as ambitious as the PG, so I really don't think large variable macross kits would be in store for hasegawa at all, even say they can copy the engineering of yamato toys for the transformation to reduce development cost. besides, most modelers will see no advantage for variability as discussed in another thread. heck, many don't even care much about posability.

What I wish from them is larger scale fighter/battroids with more details, such as open hatches or internal skeletons like MG gundams.

proportion and detail over gimmicks for me!!

Edited by JLYC

Just made a new friend last night who has close connections with Hobby Japan (Japan and Hong Kong) and he told me that Hasegawa are very highly releaseing the VF-11 as early as this summer :D He builds models and sometimes writes articles for them, so sources are pretty good!

Hasegawa has obtained the full license from Big West to do all the Valks, so with any luck more kits should be on its way :rolleyes: However the license does not include the rights to make any of the Destroids or the bad guys stuff; they are not even allowed to make a VF-1 with GBP-1S kit :(

So, some good news for us knowing that not all big toy companies have abandoned Macross :)

Andy :)

why dont you get him to write a nice article covering the greatness of Macross World. Love to see an exclusive article but then again Hobby magazines are mainly Gundam whores in Japan

Graham

highly doubtful. Hasegawa is a fine scale model company first and foremost. If you look at the material and design of their battroids, you'd know they're not even meant to be excessively handled or played with like Bandai gunpla snap togethers. It took Bandai more than a decade in the gundam business to even do something as ambitious as the PG, so I really don't think large variable macross kits would be in store for hasegawa at all, even say they can copy the engineering of yamato toys for the transformation to reduce development cost. besides, most modelers will see no advantage for variability as discussed in another thread. heck, many don't even care much about posability.

What I wish from them is larger scale fighter/battroids with more details, such as open hatches or internal skeletons like MG gundams.

proportion and detail over gimmicks for me!!

whoa buddy. Modelers dont care about variablility? I beg to differ. What about the PG zeta? or all the oterh models that transform?

• 1 month later...

Be patient, the VF-11 is scheduled for the last quarter of 2005! Hasegawa just released the "new box" VF-1 with all heads, so give them time to milk money first!

Be patient, the VF-11 is scheduled for the last quarter of 2005! Hasegawa just released the "new box" VF-1 with all heads, so give them time to milk money first!

Is that confirmed!? Hasegawa IS making a VF-11!!!!! or are we still just hoping.

Chris

i remember early on when this was mentioned that it was just a rumor, has there been any real confirmation of this? i do not want to find out that we are just getting are hopes up for nothing <_<

Graham, once his shop opens in Monk Kwok I can introduce you to him. His commission work is not bad either (he won a few competitions), reasonably priced around HK$800 and quick turnover time! He just finished the VF-0D yesterday after three days and looks up to scratch! Ray charges the same kit for HK$3500, okay even my friend admits ray is better but not for that price!

Sounds quite reasonable and close to what my guy in Tai Po charges. OK, once your friend opens his shop please let me know as, I have a Hasegawa YF-19 that I want building in 'wheels up - flying' configuration.

Oh, and if your guy can get word to Hasegawa, please let him know that Macross fans would really like an artbook of Tenjin's Hasegawa Macross covers.

Graham

OMW Totally aggree'ing on the artbook idea!!!!!!!!1

Some more calendars would be AWESOME, i luv the Macross+ art especailly.

I got every pic from the first calendar framed

PLeaseeeeeeee

• 2 weeks later...

just found this on hobbysearch a new SV-51 kit is being released. it is called the SV-51r w/Twin Booster i have yet to see macross zero does anyone have pics of what this jet may look like.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Yeah, I agree with Andy, if the VF-11 is not coming until the end of 2005, it's unlikely that we will see a magazine announcement for it for several months yet.

Patience folks.

Graham

I just noticed something strange. At Mandarake Umeda there were 5 1/72 IMAI VF-1 gerwalk kits. At Mandarake Nanba there were 3. Pochi had 2. Wonder why people are dumping their 1/72 gerwalks all of a sudden?

So people are gonna start dumping their Club-M VF-11's too???

Edited by Viceland

just found this on hobbysearch a new SV-51 kit is being released. it is called the SV-51r w/Twin Booster i have yet to see macross zero does anyone have pics of what this jet may look like.

chris

Hey cool! sounds like a fast pack version! I never saw it though in Mac zero (cuz I didn't see the whole thing :lol: ). It's more expensive than the VF-1 supers.