Hey, goddamnit!

Don't change the subject, just answer the f*ckin' question!

Man... so angry.

Is someone working on a skin?

Maybe

Is there any plan?

Maybe

What's going on here?

Apparently a thread started by you to complain more about MW.

Jesse is updating the site little by little. I assuming the contents is a tad more important than the aesthetics of the site...

My god, he's into homoerotica.

Bet he likes to watch Greco-Roman wrestling too. :p:lol:

I'll give you the decency of answering you topic question, unlike what you usually do to others.

There was a thread with people workng on a new skin, but most of them are in the middle of their final year. Most of them I haven't seen report in for awhile. Safe bet is that they are busy.

Edited by kensei

I'm sorry did someone say something? I didn't hear you with Max talking so loud with Agent One and I here in the bath house.

Bastards. I DESERVE LOVE TOO!

As it seems Roy is the only one here who "gets it", i'll ask again, seriously, is there any work being done on a message board skin for MW? If not, perhaps we should organize an effort to get one done.

That's great, you found a pic. It doesn't quite answer my question, does it?

If you spent half the time you spend making whiny/angry/negative posts and use that time to make a board skin, you'd have a rockin' skin by now. If you want one so bad, make it yourself.

I mean, really, obviously the current design doesn't bother too much or else we'd see some sort of skin project going on.

I think most people gave up when Shawn disappeared from the scene for 6 months.

All your bitching and lack of sense of humor about my "whining" isn't helping start any sort of constructive discussion about a skin for this board.

That's great, you found a pic. It doesn't quite answer my question, does it?

If you spent half the time you spend making whiny/angry/negative posts and use that time to make a board skin, you'd have a rockin' skin by now. If you want one so bad, make it yourself.

I mean, really, obviously the current design doesn't bother too much or else we'd see some sort of skin project going on.

Haha... you mean make his own skin and stop getting under ours? :lol:...

Maybe someone should stop thinking they're part of the board's admin team already and should start his own site... Macrossworldest...

Maybe someone should stop thinking they're part of the board's admin team already and should start his own site... Macrossworldest...

Last time I checked, this is posted this under "Feedback for the staff". Feedback is exactly what I left. All you are doing is flapping your gums.

So, does anyone with an IQ over 80 have anything to actually add to the topic at hand, or shall we just close this thread?

Last time I checked, this is posted this under "Feedback for the staff". Feedback is exactly what I left. All you are doing is flapping your gums.

So, does anyone with an IQ over 80 have anything to actually add to the topic at hand, or shall we just close this thread?

I don't really flap my gums when I type... I'd suggest you quit doing it too...

Since when is whining and demanding feedback anyway?

Perhaps we should all cool down here, Duke just asked a question he did not fornicate with your mothers or relieve himself on your breakfast cereal of choice.

Last thing I remember on this topic was AO asking what was needed to make a skin and no one (admin wise) got back with him on that in that thread. Does anyone know what it takes to make an invision skin? Does anyone here have experience in making skins or know what it takes or how many maps/pics/blocks/Idon'treallyknowthetermtextitems it takes to "finish" a nice looking skin?

Might as well ask these questions before the guns start getting drawn. :ph34r:

From what I've seen (and all seen the same things mentioned on these forums) they're working on a online inventory for Seichi, loading magazines scans and the model section. I've seen no mention of a skin. I assume that it's low on the list of things to do.

Perhaps we should have some sort of membership contest then... put the creaton of a new skin (or several new skins) on the membership rather than the admins and mods.

I may not be one to talk but with all the talent I see floating around this board I bet we could generate some pretty nice skins . Heck, I'd be willing to front some money for some prizes that could be handed out to those who make great skins that are voted on by the membership (sometimes it takes a carrot to get the real competition going). This is a prime chance to put some community back into MW rather than just have people bickering and trading barbed insults rather than making real progress.

Awww... J, why do you have to ruin our fun with Whiney McWhinster? You reap what you sow right? Whinocerous is always snippy with his replies to everyone else (except he always adds that gay flavor). I just wasn't aware that he was a paying customer. And a paying customer should get what he wants, when he wants...

I just don't like unneccessary fights going on (pulling up britches like an old man). It takes two to tango but if you can change the beat to a waltz and avoid stepping on more toes everyone benefits. There is no need for the arrogance and the bullheadedness that many of the posts in this thread have displayed. It's better to react to the question than the tone you think it is presented in.

If you ask me Duke did what was needed, he used his usual flair to attract attention to an issue he believes needs to be addressed. If anything people's harsh reactions to him just draw more attention to the issue he brings up as now I'd like to think we are talking about it with civility in a calm and orderly fashion that may net results.

So what do you think about having a little "skin build-off" contest? I know you have some skills that could turn some nice things.

B))

You're right! His flair for over dramatics is also responsible for... for...

for the life of me I can't think what.

Anyway, I don't see that his whining now has accomplished anything yet. But as soon as as Shawn says it official, sure I'll throw my hat in as long as Whine Gretzky does the same. I wouldn't want him on my back screaming "where's that skin you promised us EXO? Where is it???"

And don't try to claim the recent site upgrade as Bruce Whine's accomplishment. I'm sure Shawn saw his last whine-a-rama and decided to take time off work. And inspired Seichii to start a web store.

Yes, all this drama was necessary. Because, dammit, we really and truly need to have all the same BS surrounded with different colors and a graphic or two.

Meh. . .

P.S. That being said, I'm going to be setting up Invision on a web server at work. . . at which point I may have better insight into what is necessary to develop a skin. Invision is one of ther harder ones to do that for. . . I don't think it's like UBB or some others where the skin generator is built into the backend. But, anyways, it might be fun to do. . . but it really seems like something that should be just a diversion, not a major priority. It's fluff. . . aesthetics.

P.P.S. Please ignore this post. Because Togo probably won't like it, it is therefore "unintelligent" and written by someone who is obviously mildly retarded (at the very least).

Edited by Hurin

Gee, thanks for adding your insight to the thread, Exo. Very helpful, indeed. Now, I believe JsARCLIGHT was saying something intelligent, I think we should stick with that idea.

We need some direction from one of our three admins here. They are the only ones who work with this board's code, and they are the ones who need to let us know what is or has to be done.

A skin may just be "fluff" and not much more than a coat of paint but it adds some flair, some "professionalism" to a board. I've seen rather crappy message boards get face lifts with nice skins and overnight become all around better. After all, the first thing you see on a car is the gleaming paint... the first thing you see on a wonderful meal is it's presentation... (and this one just for EXO) the first thing you notice on a woman is her body. ;)

While the "hardcore" membership may want the deep cuts and otaku level items some of us who are very concieted and vain (flashes eyelids) want something nice to look at, something that invites more members and gives off the impression of a slick, class-act place.

A little pizzazz never hurt anyone and some new threads might just make a respectable woman out of this old street walker.

While the "hardcore" membership may want the deep cuts and otaku level items some of us who are very concieted and vain (flashes eyelids) want something nice to look at, something that invites more members and gives off the impression of a slick, class-act place.

I figure the content of the forums and main website would give off that impression. But I guess flash and lots of SD Hentai is what it takes nowadays to attract mature members. How wrong I am... :p

No what I mean is the front page and the "basic out of the box" look of the forums basically tell the uninitiated new lurker or member that Macrossworld is a cheap basement operation (which it is). But other cheap basement operation websites I have been to have had super slick front pages with nice custom skin message boards with personalized graphics that at least say the name of the site. The old Macrossworld had that to a degree. Hell, Robotech.com has that. Sure the current "old hand" membership may not give a rats ass as they are now here for the steak and not the sizzle at this point but some nice clean lines, cool graphics and some splash never hurt anyone. Would you rather live in a house populated with high style... or walmart furniture? I just think that it reflects rather poorly on us that over a year has gone by and we still look like we are moving into the place and operating from a folding card table out of a tackle box. I realize this is a "hobby" for all involved and the pure superattention that a paying gig gets is not as drawing as a hobby site but still... I know someone out there agrees with me other than Duke.

... or is this a case of no one likes Duke or his opinions, I sort of agree with Duke on this, so now no one likes me or my opinions?

Then again I'm a guy who spends two hours washing and waxing his car... it takes me half an hour to get propperly "dressed" to go to out. I'm very big into personal apperances, you look good and it reflects well on you... you walk into a place wearing a smelly two day old t-shirt with cheeto stains on it and it does not... just like how having a slick, polished website with nice graphics and cool style makes you look more impressive... whereas one that says "Timmy's Generic Message Board" just smacks of half-ass.

The vibe I'm getting from everyone is: forget it... looks don't matter... Am I wrong?

I just want MW to have the commanding internet presence it should have... to be great you not only have to actually be great but you have to look the part. After all, we are supposed to be the great bastion of "legit, true" Macross, right? I just think we should take off the cheap clothes and wear some high style.