Hey, goddamnit!

This is supposed to be THE website for english speaking Macross fans, is it not? then why would qanyone not care if we come off as second class?

And not to worry, JsARCLIGHT, there are plenty of users here who like me, they just don't feel the need to express it as much as those who don't like me... either that, or they are too busy laughing at the reactions of those who don't like me.

Oh yes, they are being laughed at. :lol:

I'm sure you take comfort in that...

I suppose there isn't anyone laughing at the fact you're considered a whiney whines a lot...

And I'm sure you think whining is a lot more important than joining conversions in a more constructive manner.

I'm sure you take comfort in that...

I suppose there isn't anyone laughing at the fact you're considered a whiney whines a lot...

And I'm sure you think whining is a lot more important than joining conversions in a more constructive manner.

Oh, like you have here? How about this... YOU add something constructive pertaining to the topic at hand, OR SHUT THE HELL UP.

hehe... I already said I would if you would... I'll make a skin if there's a contest...

I guess it's put up or shut up time, or would you like some cheese with your whine?

speaking of skin, how's yours holding up? Am I getting under it?

OK, on that note... I'll leave this thread alone, I'm running out of whiney names for Sir Whine A Lot... let me know when the contest starts, if ever... we all know how influential our former AFM dignitary is...

It's all yours, Whiney Doodle Dandy...

;)

Edited by >EXO<

Oh, like you have here? How about this... YOU add something constructive pertaining to the topic at hand, OR SHUT THE HELL UP.

Er, this coming from the guy who started this thread so rudely and childishly? Get over yourself man, you can bring up valid questions and comments without acting like an ass.

A contest is probably the best way to go to get new skins, otherwise we'll likely get a bunch of people saying "I'll make one!" and then never finishing it (the MW way... ;) ). Although honestly, until we start putting up prizes I doubt there'll be much interest. Those who want a new skin seem to be a minority, and a minority with a lack of means to make the skins (I assume, otherwise they'd be quiet and make it themselves) so the trick is getting the people on the forum with the skill and talent to actually want to make them.

Frankly, I think the wisest solution might be to throw a Macross World logo where the Invision logo is or modify and existing skin that's out there. Lots of custom skins just come out looking amateur and unprofessional (black backgrounds anyone?) so we might end up going in the opposite direction that we're trying to go in.

Er, this coming from the guy who started this thread so rudely and childishly? Get over yourself man, you can bring up valid questions and comments without acting like an ass.

"Is someone working on a skin? Is there any plan? What's going on here?"

What rude or childish about that?

"Is someone working on a skin? Is there any plan? What's going on here?"

What rude or childish about that?

Funny how the thread title isn't included there. . .

Anyways. . . Togo's gotten the attention he craved. Let's all move along.

Duke Togo: All the attitude of an AgentOne. None of the charm

H

LOL, what a maroon.

Its not my job to be Agent One, he's the Ego. I'm the Cynic.

Hey, is it possible any of you toolbags can shut the hell up for just one minute and let the rest of us get back to the topic at hand. In other words, no comments from the peanut gallery. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.

I'd like to repeat what JsARCLIGHT said:

I just want MW to have the commanding internet presence it should have... to be great you not only have to actually be great but you have to look the part. After all, we are supposed to be the great bastion of "legit, true" Macross, right? I just think we should take off the cheap clothes and wear some high style.

Its not my job to be Agent One, he's the Ego. I'm the Cynic.

Cynic? Is that what we're calling people who can't ask a question without cussing and screaming at people? Okay. Didn't know.

Hey, is it possible any of you toolbags can shut the hell up for just one minute and let the rest of us get back to the topic at hand. In other words, no comments from the peanut gallery. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.

Well, I thought I was being contructive above when I mentioned that I'd be researching things.

But, hey, if you're so hot-to-friggin-trot about getting a skin done, why don't you fire up that two-speed weed-whacker brain of yours and actually, ya know, click on that "Invision Power Board" link at the bottom of every page. . . and look for the skinning documentation.

Oh, I forgot. You'd rather just complain and yell (and call it "humor" which we all just don't get).

So I did it for you.

Invision Power Board Skinning Guides

As you can see from the documentation, having admin access to the board would make developing the skin a lot easier. Otherwise, you're constantly at the mercy of an admin to test things. So, unless an admin gets onboard this oh-so-urgent project, it's going to be pretty tough to do. Which also explains why the old attempt at a skin went nowhere. And, as Roy said above, a skin isn't high on the priority list right now.

You'd think that someone so obviously (and oddly) concerned about getting a skin done would have looked this up himself and then posted the information. But that would be the case only if the primary motivation was to get a skin done rather than once again complain about how lame this place is and how nothing gets done. . . and we need a new co-admin. . . or we need to shut the place down. . . or we need to have casual Fridays. . . and a soda fountain in the lobby. . .

Big Smiles! Big Smiles!

H

Edited by Hurin

I myself do not know the first thing about making a message board skin. I am a classic case of "I don't know how to do it but I know what I like". Sure, I've looked up the sites and links other people posted before they even posted them but they mean roundabout chinese to me... so I did the thing I'm best at: asked for people who know and offered to throw money at it. I know if I had the time and someone to help me I could make my own skin but without people who know what to do and have did this before I'd be spinning my wheels.

I also realize it will still take the admins to not only approve this little proposal of mine but to even get it to work...

What I am trying to accomplish in this thread is get others as excited or interested in the improvement of this site outside of waiting for someone else to do something or "settle" for the looks of a site just because they don't care. But all I keep seeing is everyone else wanting to pick a fight with Duke because of the tone of his post and not the content. And as for the continued hostility and insult trading here... please, can't we all just grow up a bit and put this stuff behind us? Just because this is a message board about a cartoon we watched when we were kids does not mean we should keep acting like kids. Can we just have one topic in this feedback section without all the pettiness? If you think another member is acting in a bad way your jumping into the frey with guns blazing just expands the conflict and creates more tension and hostility.

I'm just going to wait and see if an admin comes in and likes my idea of a skin making contest... if they don't then oh well, I tried.

whats the big deal about the skins anyway, Content is far more important to me anyways. I think The Duck cmplains loudlly for the entertainment value.. whitch is kinda funny cause he knows people are going to yell back. It adds entertainment to the site,,,,I'd take that over skins anyday :pB))