Super Robot Wars Alpha 3

From Guntoa

http://aeug.blogspot.com

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 for PS2

Famitsu announces the latest SRW game, "Super Robot Wars Alpha 3: Shuuen No Ginga E", for the PS2. No specific release date beyond 2005 is mentioned and the price is yet to be decided. The game is 50% complete at present. The list of mecha shows in this one is given as:

Dancougar

Goshogun

Evangelion

Evangelion theatrical edition

Ideon

Gaogaigar

Gaogaigar Final

Virtual-On Marz

Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram

Daitarn 3

Zeta Gundam

Gundam 0083

Gundam ZZ

Char's Counterattack

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Gundam SEED

Mazinger Z

Great Mazinger

Getta Robo

Getta Robo G

Shin Getta Robo (original manga edition)

Steel Jeeg

Combattler V

Voltes V

Daimos

Gaiking

Yuusha Raideen

Gunbuster: Aim For The Top

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Macross Plus

Macross 7

Banpresto originals

Heheh, so far the SRW series has had 2 games with normal sized robots: Shin (Neo) Super Robot Wars, and Super Robot Wars: Scramble Commander. Plus a few other Banpresto games here and there had normal sized robots, too, such as Real Robots Final Attack, Real Robot Battle Line etc.

Man, M7 being in that list is scary. It was scary enough on the Gameboy Advance SRWD.

:o wow, gunbuster and buster machine 3 (aka. black hole bomb), that would be interesting, even the SDF-1 and Battle 7 in attack mode is no match for a gunbuster :lol:

I wonder if they include sound force team in the game, including the protodevlin...hmmmm , very interesting indeed.

OMG.... This game is like a dream coming true. Never again will I have to imagine the SDF vs Gunbuster and so much more.........

Hmm...they won't exactly be vs-ing each other. More like helping each other out with their respective enemies. ;)

Sound force would most probably be there...and the only team that can damage the protodevlin. :D

Heheh, so far the SRW series has had 2 games with normal sized robots: Shin (Neo) Super Robot Wars, and Super Robot Wars: Scramble Commander. Plus a few other Banpresto games here and there had normal sized robots, too, such as Real Robots Final Attack, Real Robot Battle Line etc.

Man, M7 being in that list is scary. It was scary enough on the Gameboy Advance SRWD.

Don't forget SRWGaiden.

And SD THREE G!

(again)

as for a usa release i doubt it i do not think any of them have been relased yet <_< it looks real cool to, but i am not fluent in japanese so i will be at a lost when playing this game. japan gets all the best games :(

you think they'll port this to the US?

Yup!

And Harmony Gold will politely admit they were wrong and step out of the way of real Macross.

And... nah, let's drop the comparisons now. Heck, HG is even relevant here, as SRWA3 has Macross in it.

wow, finally i have a second reason to buy a PS2, being the SDF macross the fisrt one. still i wonder if there will be two maxs, and what will happen if they meet?, will the universe come to a sudden end?. also the same dilema with miria.

i don't think you need to know much japanese to play the game since when i first played the original alpha i did not kno anything other than katakana and that game was the reason of why i started to study that language.

still i would like to know if there will be changes in the combat system like in the GBA version where you could join two characters to do a double attack i.e.

wow, finally i have a second reason to buy a PS2, being the SDF macross the fisrt one. still i wonder if there will be two maxs, and what will happen if they meet?, will the universe come to a sudden end?. also the same dilema with miria.

i don't think you need to know much japanese to play the game since when i first played the original alpha i did not kno anything other than katakana and that game was the reason of why i started to study that language.

still i would like to know if there will be changes in the combat system like in the GBA version where you could join two characters to do a double attack i.e.

They added crossover attacks to Alpha Dreamcast.

And if I recall, to Alpha 2 on the PS2.

I play no FAQ no language skills. Lot of guesswork and pattern recognition.

I do read the mission objectives and the "skill point" objectives. (It was good to take Japanese 100)

However you are right, after playing SRW so many times, one can play it without any language skills and FAQ. (but without getting the secret robots)

I play no FAQ no language skills. Lot of guesswork and pattern recognition.

I do read the mission objectives and the "skill point" objectives. (It was good to take Japanese 100)

I assume the objective is "kill everything" unless I'm shown otherwise.

However you are right, after playing SRW so many times, one can play it without any language skills and FAQ. (but without getting the secret robots)

Playing an older one on an emu with save states helps too. You can get a feel for what does what without screwing yourself in the process.

I remember playing SRW 3 on an EMU not knowing anything about magic/spells. I ended up playing the entire game without those, that was fun.

I've plowed through about half of SRW4, Gaiden, and Alpha that way.

I tend to lose interest on SRPGs and not come back for extended periods even when I DO know what's going on.

If this game has Gamlin and the VF-17D/S, then I'm buying it.

Graham

What is Gamlin?

VF-17D/s -> Yes this game will have it... it is in Macross 7

ONE BIG THING, Hajime Katoki will do the design of "REAL SRX"...

SRX... Katoki style! :D

Edited by ogami

Graham

What is Gamlin?

Gamlin's the Squadron leader for Diamond Force, who pilots the VF-17S. I'm sure he's in it, Graham.

Mylene better be there with Gubaba! ;)

Graham

What is Gamlin?

Gamlin's the Squadron leader for Diamond Force, who pilots the VF-17S. I'm sure he's in it, Graham.

Mylene better be there with Gubaba! ;)

OH... Right... I remember now. :lol:

The whole Diamond Force will be in the game and I am sure they have a combine attack as well.