NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

According to RT.com, the YF-1R will be compatable with the Rick FAST Packs.
Shows that they'll just christen the object in any cool name they can think of.

Welcome to real life, EVERYONE does that. It's not just limited to RT.com, I assure you.

Are you referring to the Roy FAST Packs because they never released packs for the Rick MPC?

Actually, they're considered Rick fast packs to go with the Skull-01 because Roy was dead before the development of the fast packs was complete.

What's taking MPC so long to produce Qrau's and Monsters? I guess they're waiting for Yamato to test the waters before they dive in eh? Damn bootlegers! :angry:

They're too busy working on the Alpha and Beta toys, not to mention the Cyclones.

I, for one, am more than happy that Toynami is getting out of the incredibly over-saturated VF-1 market. Time for some new toys, I say.

True, but sadly the signal to noise ratio favors the mindless bashing, thus drowning out legit criticism.

The Jack Archer disappoints me in many ways. Plus that it's something new that isn't fully Macross, but it's pushing back New Gen/Mospeada stuff and that is a market where Toynami have the whole field to themselves and are literally to the only game in town :(

Cyc

I pulled this out of the Toynami VF-1R thread because it was really the wrong place for my rant.

....come on, if any of us were running a company, the last thing you would do is just give up a liesence that allows only you to produce a certain product that has a demand, PERIOD, living for yourself and being part of a corporation are 2 different things. its nice to make a change, but they had thier chance in the early 80's to do that, oh well, thats how it goes. some people are born ugly too, doesnt mean we shoot them because it hurts your eyes

But part of running a company like that successfully is actually taking the time to do the research of what your target consumer wants. What HG failed to realize is that the demand wasn't coming from Roboblech fans, but us, the Macross fans. Most of the people who were that into Roboblech as kids, took the time to discover what the real Macross/SC/Mospeada was all about. It's those people, who were be willing to take the time to do that research back then, that were willing to pay top dollar for 1/55s, HCMs, and models back in the day. HG has managed to piss off, be it the lawsuit or a $80 pieces of shite they call MPC, that particular group, the main money supply in this country for Macross toys and as a result have shot themselves in the foot as far as sales go.

HG's whole notion that Macross being allowed in this country would hurt them is just plain stupid. What hurts them is the lack of quality in their toys and their never ending quest to piss off Macross fans by making us spend more and have harder time getting official products. If 1/48 were readily available for $90 at Toys 'r Us, and HG didn't piss me off with their BS and lawsuits, I would've gladly have spent what money I saved on more Macross related toys, even if it was a Roboblech toy.

I said it once and I'll say it again. If HG spent more money for Toynami to produce a toy that was worth $80 instead of on lawyers, many of us would have bought Yamatos, Bandais, AND Toynamis. We Macross fans have proven through years of Macross toys sales as a "hard to find" collectable and recently through Yamato's sales that we will buy a quality Macross toy, regardless of the cost, as long as the cost justifies the product we're getting. That's what they should have been focusing on all along.

edit: grammer-would've for wouldn't (shoulda done that when I moved it, doh)

Edited by tom64ss

True, but sadly the signal to noise ratio favors the mindless bashing, thus drowning out legit criticism.

The Jack Archer disappoints me in many ways. Plus that it's something new that isn't fully Macross, but it's pushing back New Gen/Mospeada stuff and that is a market where Toynami have the whole field to themselves and are literally to the only game in town :(

Cyc

Since all it is is a different head sculpture and a different paint job, Toynami probably had this thing designed a while back. It is probably being released now in order to have something out for the Christmas season and to help keep interest in the MPC line until the Alphas are released.

Cyc

Since all it is is a different head sculpture and a different paint job, Toynami probably had this thing designed a while back. It is probably being released now in order to have something out for the Christmas season and to help keep interest in the MPC line until the Alphas are released.

a smart move if you ask me.

Edited by Ladic

Bandai milks Grade A lowfat quality milk... the reissues were awesome, with the printed decals and removeable heatshield. They brought back a proven quality toy and made some improvements even the fanboys couldn't have asked for. The SOC line and the perfect grades look great. (from someone that doesn't even watch Gundam.) Apples and Oranges. Or rather apples and rotten apples. I'm sorry to be part of the bashing here, but I would root for Toynami if they would just make me a happy customer. We'll see when the Alphas come out. If they even come close to my lowered expectations, I'll be the first to endorse them here.

Cyc

a smart move if you ask me.

I'm still in denial that interest exists in the MPC VF-1 line.

No company will ever come close to the Great Cow Milking Companyâ„¢ known as Bandai.

VF-1 toys, VF-1 models.  And that's not even touching the Gundam license...  ;)

VF1 toys? I remember Bandai wasn't really interested in reissuing all the VF1 toys because there wasn't interest in them and the sales were lacking.

VF1 models? Are you talking about the short reissue was had a few months ago? You do realize they were close to 10 years old, right? And several other companies make more Macross models then Bandai.

As for Gundam... its called success and demand. And besides.... they can milk Gundam as much as they want, as long as they are putting out the quality stuff, ppl could care less about the crap they put out once in a while.

Edited by Abombz!!

Anyone know a cheap place to get an MPC?

-I am not the biggest fan of the VF-1

-I don't own any besides the Hasegawas I am kitbashing

-I think the MPC sculpt leaves much to be desired

-That said, I think I will want a VF-1 in the same scale as the upcomming Alpha/Legios

-The Bandai is without doubt the ugliest large-scale VF-1, so that is right out.

Maybe it's because I come from the model, and not the toy background, but scale is very important.

So I guess I will need to pick up a VF-1 (for the Robotech nostalgia of having my VF-1 and Alpha in the same "universe"/scale).

-That said, I think I will want a VF-1 in the same scale as the upcomming Alpha/Legios

-The Bandai is without doubt the ugliest large-scale VF-1, so that is right out.

Maybe it's because I come from the model, and not the toy background, but scale is very important.

So I guess I will need to pick up a VF-1 (for the Robotech nostalgia of having my VF-1 and Alpha in the same "universe"/scale).

Trust me, as owner of both, go for the Bandai re-ish. It oozes quality from the plastic to the craftsmanship. The sculpt while not good is at least more proportional to the lineart than the MPC. All the MPC has for it is some accessories, a light up head gimmick and a few more panel lines.

vinnie

Trust me, as owner of both, go for the Bandai re-ish. It oozes quality from the plastic to the craftsmanship. The sculpt while not good is at least more proportional to the lineart than the MPC. All the MPC has for it is some accessories, a light up head gimmick and a few more panel lines.

vinnie

personally, i like the MPC's proportions to the bandai's, but the quality, herhum, isnt the greatest, but not bad. Bandai is way too chunky hence the nickname chunkeymonkey, but its a tank. I got my MPC's for $45 average and Bandais for 50+shipping, now thier cheaper

shell out and get a HCM valk if you don't like the toynami. or get a 1/48 valk and get those 1/48 scale alpha kits.

HCM is 1/72. Are there 1/72 legioss kits?

On a related note, if anyone cares about Southern Cross mecha, it turns out they're all quite small. E.g., the Spartas hovertank is only 6.2 m in battloid mode. This is even smaller than the Alpha's 8.75 m. If it were done in 1/55 scale to be consistent with the Alphas and VF-1's, a hovertank would only be 4-5/8" tall! I hope Toynami isn't planning on charging $80 for that.