NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

atleast if you get the valk stand you'll be getting something "made in japan". not as many qc issues :p

I kind of understand what you really ment. However, fact is both Yammies and Toynami items are made in China. The toy companies HQ are located in different contries.

I think Toynami Alpha has many QC problem. However, Yammi is not far superior either.

atleast if you get the valk stand you'll be getting something "made in japan". not as many qc issues  :p

I kind of understand what you really ment. However, fact is both Yammies and Toynami items are made in China. The toy companies HQ are located in different contries.

I think Toynami Alpha has many QC problem. However, Yammi is not far superior either.

Tab B, VF-11 exploding out of the box, 1/60 legs-don't-want-to-stay-on...

Tab B, VF-11 exploding out of the box, 1/60 legs-don't-want-to-stay-on...

Sure Yamato has had some flubs, so has Toynami... But I think Yamato's record is a heck of a lot better.

Firstly the 1/60 which you're slagging here. I've seen two of them up close and neither has any problems with the legs staying on (except in Guardian if you make it fly around the room ;)). Both were far superior to the one Masterpiece VF I've seen.

Even in trade for this dubious weakness you get (in comparison to the Masterpiece VF-1) something that's more accurate to the line art in all 3 modes. You get a fighter mode where the engines don't sag down when you pick it up and push up when you put it down on it's landing gear. You get more poseability. You get hands that can hold the gun. You get twice as many missiles and different kinds for fighter mode. You get a Valkyrie that's *more* accurate than the (according to Toynami) most accurate sculpt of a Veritech Fighter ever made.

And let's not even mention the 1/48. The true Masterpiece that nothing Toynami has done can even come close to touching.

As to the Alpha... Well I've seen enough negative reviews here that I won't be buying one at anything close to SRP. If I can find one for $30 or under I'll get it. If I can't, then I don't need it. Toynami fooled me once, but won't again.

I also feel the need to point out, since you like to claim that all the posters here are Macross Zombies with a blind hatred for everything Robotech... That's not me. I grew up on Robotech. I still have a soft spot for it. I own some of the DVDs, I bought Battlecry and I bought a Masterpiece VF (which I've since sold). After having seen some episodes of the original Macross series, I definitely prefer that, but nowhere in my heart is there a blind hatred for Robotech. (Harmony Gold and Toynami on the other hand, but they've earned that enmity through their actions and products, respectively).

I gave Toynami a chance. They wasted it. I was not going to give them a chance this time unless I saw pretty strong evidence that I should and I'm not seeing that evidence.

No Alpha for me until I find it super cheap and maybe not even then.

Sure Yamato has had some flubs, so has Toynami...

I think the person above (Cory) and I were just pointing that exactly that point (Both companies have + and -)

Firstly the 1/60 which you're slagging here.

"Slagging"??? I think you are just taking it personally.

And let's not even mention the 1/48. The true Masterpiece that nothing Toynami has done can even come close to touching.

Hmmmm, some how t became 1/48 verses Toynami.....

As to the Alpha... Well I've seen enough negative reviews here that I won't be buying one at anything close to SRP. If I can find one for $30 or under I'll get it. If I can't, then I don't need it. Toynami fooled me once, but won't again.

No Alpha for me until I find it super cheap and maybe not even then.

I think this statments were more of an offer for cheap Alphas. "I am willing to buy it for $20 or so, please let me know"

Yes, I am making crack at tyour post, not because I have vendetta or trying to be hostile. I just wanted to post that, when ever members are making comments about Toynami, it all boils down to prefer "taste". I, myself, like all of them. As for others, some people hate Yamato and love Bandai, some like Yamato and do not care for others, etc.

Its already getting old, making fun of QC problem about Toynami and etc. When I view posting on MPC, I am viewing it to see new problem relating to alpha or some + aspects about the toy, not a smart comments by some meber comparing it to Yammi stand, thinking :Let me get a crack at Toynami once more.

The silly comments on Toynami will continue and what can I do.

RTShark, flame away, if you want.

I think the person above (Cory) and I were just pointing that exactly that point (Both companies have + and -)

And I was pointing out that while they've both had similar low points, Yamato's high points are quite a bit higher.

"Slagging"???  I think you are just taking it personally.

Not at all. Maybe that word was too strong, but he was attacking the weaknesses of the 1/60 and therefore I felt it appropriate to point out it's strengths, especially as compared to Toynami's offering. You'll note that I did not defend the VF-11 problems, because I felt that was justified.

Hmmmm, some how t became 1/48 verses Toynami.....

Again just pointing out that Yamato's high point is so much higher.

I think this statments were more of an offer for cheap Alphas.  "I am willing to buy it for $20 or so, please let me know"

Nope. If I had meant to say that, then that's what I would have said. I'm not in the market for an Alpha right now. If I were I think I could find a better place to look than this particular thread for a potential seller.

Yes, I am making crack at tyour post, not because I have vendetta or trying to be hostile.  I just wanted to post that, when ever members are making comments about Toynami, it all boils down to prefer "taste".  I, myself, like all of them. As for others, some people hate Yamato and love Bandai, some like Yamato and do not care for others, etc. 

The joys of differences of opinion. You know, that's why we come here. If we all thought the same way about everything, then there wouldn't be much point in discussing it now would there?

Its already getting old, making fun of QC problem about Toynami and etc.  When I view posting on MPC, I am viewing it to see new problem relating to alpha or some + aspects about the toy, not a smart comments by some meber comparing it to Yammi stand, thinking :Let me get a crack at Toynami once more.

Well I'm sorry if you don't like sentiments about Toynami's QC issues. I for one am glad that they're here as they've now saved me $80. I would just tell you to check out RT.com if you wanted to read more favorable Toynami comments, but from what I hear there are quite a few upset consumers there as well.

I don't think anybody is 'making fun' of Toynami's QC issues. For me, the opposite. I would love it if they'd put out better products. A product I could buy and actually say, yes, this is worth the $80 I spent on it. They failed miserably on that front with their VF-1 line and when the strongest positives I see in this thread are "yeah it has some issues, but I like it anyway" and the strongest negatives make the Alpha MPC sound even worse than the VF-1 MPC then you'll have to excuse me not jumping up and down to praise Toynami.

The point is that any enmity towards Toynami that exists on this board exists because Toynami earned it. Saying that we only 'make fun' of Toynami or are just making cracks minimizes the fact that consumers who buy an expensive product deserve to expect that product to be of a quality commensurate to it's cost. Some people are happy with the Alpha MPCs (and some were with the VF MPCs) and some aren't. We both have a right to talk about it. Don't belittle those opinions because they differ from yours.

The silly comments on Toynami will continue and what can I do. 

I don't think that they're silly. Consumers have a right to expect a quality product for their money. If they don't get that then it's perfectly justified for them to complain about said product. Especially on a message board dedicated to the discussion of said product. I for one, am thankful.

RTShark, flame away, if you want.

I wasn't flaming before, and I'm not now. Sorry to disappoint...

[EDIT - Minor grammar corrections]

Edited by RTShark

I got mine yesterday for $50. As an early poster said it looks a LOT better with the decals. So much so, when I first platyed with it I was like, hmmmm... and after decals I'm like, HMMMM!

The weight is nice and heavy and it fits in nicely with a shelf of 1/60's, in fighter mode they are exactly the same length.

Yes, the QC sux. loose arm, the leg parts are fitted together sloppily and there are some deep scratch marks on one of the knees but still a nice toy. As said many times, not worth a cent over 50 bucks. More like 40.

Damn this thread is ungodly huge. Could we at least have it broken into Macross, Southern Cross and Next Generation MP threads?

that's not too necessary...discussion on macross MPs are all clustered in the first half, and the Mospeada/New Gen. in the latter half...its not a fine distinction, but it's good enough.

and there won't be (i hope) any southern cross MPs, so no need to waste our time with a seperate section for that

This is the first one. Good lord, just look at all those decals. You would have to include this in your will stating your great-great-grandchildren have to finish it.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?HSGVR1

It looks like the "Xmas tree" guy from the Running Man film.. :p way too flashy for my tastes.

This is the first one. Good lord, just look at all those decals. You would have to include this in your will stating your great-great-grandchildren have to finish it.

It looks like the "Xmas tree" guy from the Running Man film.. :p way too flashy for my tastes.

For some odd reason, the words, "Holy Mother of God" are what springs to mind when I look at that beast.

Hey, guys! I got mine yesterday, Yay! I opreordered this toy the minute I saw it at VE, 'cuz I've been longing for an Alpha toy since 1995.

I live in Mexico city and I have to pay higher shipping fees, so I decided it was cheaper to send the toy to my editor in the US and hence the delay. For the same reason I had to ask Kevin to check the toy before shipping it, because in case of major QC issues, I wouldn't be able to get a replacement from Toynami. Kevin must have check the toy very conscientiously, because mine (02250) has no QC problems, aside from the floppy arms and other well known design flaws. Paintjob is perfect, no missing or broken pieces, smooth transformation, you name it, so I must say I'm very happy with my purchase and "Thanks Kevin for your help, your'e the man".

Reading the first impressions on this toy I decided to place the decals right away using the pictures of a finished IMAI made by a MWer, as a decal key and boy does that decals look good. That way I also realized that the default decal key has some errors, so stick to the IMAI. I'll take pictures as soon as I find a camera.

It looks like the "Xmas tree" guy from the Running Man film..  :p  way too flashy for my tastes.

For some odd reason, the words, "Holy Mother of God" are what springs to mind when I look at that beast.

LOL! I was wondering why my post diappeared!! I posted it in the wrong forum.. haha! Man am I STOOPID! :lol::D:unsure:

atleast if you get the valk stand you'll be getting something "made in japan". not as many qc issues  :p

i guess "designed in Japan" would me more appropriate. makes a world of a difference tho.

well in the end, it's just pretty much what you get is base on how much a company really paid for each toy and how much they spend on design, quality control and other issues. It's not how much you paid,, it's how much they paid = worth of the toy, design/ quality, etc.

Just think, the MPC Alpha might be so much better if only Toynami is willing to paid a $1 more per toy.

And the toy falling apart after being taken out of the box is just mess up

the design has great potential ...this is good considering:

...we may actually get a Bartley and Lance variable RIDE ARMORS!!!!!

--personally ..i think thats why Yamato is pulling out the megazone 23 sculpts..to compete with toynami on this. :rolleyes:

...when toy companies compete....you WIN! :D

the design has great potential ...this is good considering:

...we may actually get a Bartley and Lance variable RIDE ARMORS!!!!!

--personally ..i think thats why Yamato is pulling out the megazone 23 sculpts..to compete with toynami on this. :rolleyes:

...when toy companies compete....you WIN! :D

??? what are you saying???

is yamato going to make ride armor toys??

if so where can i see the designs???

here's hoping for some competition...

I was just thinking that we should try to keep a running list of parts breakages on the MPC Alpha. After reading through the last few pages of this thread, here's what's been reported so far: -

EXO = Broken hinge on the shoulder missile hatch.

Opus = Broken hinge on the sensor pod door.

Opus = Thumb fell off the left hand (is this a parts breakage or not?)

dejr8bud = Broken hinge on the sensor pod door.

Mechafactory.com = Arm fell off straight out of the box.

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Graham

my gun hand fell apart just as i slid the rifle in for the first time oouchhh..! :(

...do you guys think i can use 1/100MG gundam hands for replacment/up-grade??

other than that i LoOvvVVEeeE the sculpt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...QC otherwize is decent on mine(#3271)

i support this toy because the sculpt kicks a$s and i love mospeada! :D:D:D

but Hg does suck. <_<

Im glad I waited. I wouldn't pay 80 bucks for a flawless toy, and this thing is FAR from flawless QC wise.

Id like to get Rook's Alpha, but I doubt they will have ironed out the QC on it by its release date (next month IIRC?), so its gonna be a wash.

Hopefully the Green Alpha will be properly working by the time its released and I can grab it on Ebay for a more reasonable 60.

Besides, I STILL remember the on clearance for 14 dollars RT boxed Diecast big green Gakken that got away when I was a lad of 12. Ive been waiting 18 years for an Alpha. I can wait 6 more months if I have to.. Getting a green would be karma rebalancing itself.

The shadow fighter is of course would be the first of it's kind hopefully a beta will follow suit.

Well, if the MPC Scott has the same sales effect the MPC Rick did on the models to come, there is no chance of a MPC Beta...

IMO of course...

Cyc

any idea of a definite release date for the Red Alpha? Valk-Exchange still says avail. in Oct., which is a fast closing window.

Now that I really think about it. I will get all 4. I have always liked the Alpha, and this Toynami version is as good as it gets, toy-wise.

i'm also getting al four alpha's,

i like the toy, the sise does not bother me and i have one with little to no flaws..

this may all change if the red one is a piece of #%&*.

when is it coming out?

i am afraid that the red alpha is pushed back to 2005, i hope it is to resolve the qc issue..but then this is what we thought about the blue one..

as for the beta.. it's not looking well...toynami is not speaking so baldly about doing one..

and i'm also sceptic about seeing a cyclone..

let's hope i'm wrong..

Hi, I just got my MPC alpha today and I've already managed to pick several REALLY big F Ups in it.

1. - One of the diecast heels has been attached inverted. It doesn't affect stability a helluva lot but it looks terrible especially becuase the feet don't fold in symmetrically in fighter mode

2. The ratchet joint in the left leg is loose and the leg keeps telescoping on itself when in battloid mode. Makes for a rather lopsided battloid and guardian

3. The right hand came with a left thumb so the right fist won't fold up properly

has any of this happened to any of you guys. If so, any ideas to fix them?

Even though I want to kill toynami right now I must say though that the sculpt is rather nice.

Dave

Hi, I just got my MPC alpha today and I've already managed to pick several REALLY big F Ups in it.

1. - One of the diecast heels has been attached inverted. It doesn't affect stability a helluva lot but it looks terrible especially becuase the feet don't fold in symmetrically in fighter mode

2. The ratchet joint in the left leg is loose and the leg keeps telescoping on itself when in battloid mode. Makes for a rather lopsided battloid and guardian

3. The right hand came with a left thumb so the right fist won't fold up properly

has any of this happened to any of you guys. If so, any ideas to fix them?

Even though I want to kill toynami right now I must say though that the sculpt is rather nice.

Dave

What number did you get? I was under the impression that the latest batch they were offering had less QC problems

The shadow fighter is of course would be the first of it's kind hopefully a beta will follow suit.

Well, if the MPC Scott has the same sales effect the MPC Rick did on the models to come, there is no chance of a MPC Beta...

IMO of course...

Cyc

Ouch. That doesn't sound good. But the MPC Alpha is a real crappy toy overall. It does have some nice features but the Q/C.... I might just dump mine flaws and all.

Has the MPC Alpha been released yet in Japan as a Legioss? I guess they gotta dump all those returns somewhere... :unsure:

I heard/read rumors that Toynami never even finished its full run of 15000 of the VF-1S MPC. Any truth to that?

Edited by dejr8bud

IMO of course...

Cyc

Ouch. That doesn't sound good. But the MPC Alpha is a real crappy toy overall. It does have some nice features but the Q/C.... I might just dump mine flaws and all.

Has the MPC Alpha been released yet in Japan as a Legioss? I guess they gotta dump all those returns somewhere... :unsure:

I heard/read rumors that Toynami never even finished its full run of 15000 of the VF-1S MPC. Any truth to that?

that was Kev that said that, right Kev...

if so, that's pretty solid info right there...

IMO of course...

Cyc

that was Kev that said that, right Kev...

if so, that's pretty solid info right there...

Ah that's right.. now I remember

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=11200