NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Man, I really don't like the way the Alpha looks from the side in Fighter mode... It looks like it has a back problem ... It SAGS! The Rook in the picture appears to sag worse than my own Scott type does... That kinda sucks..

As for the Shadow... I wonder if that is just a painted prototype... I thought they WERE going to sculpt an accurate shoulder? hmmm...

finally the first picture of the red alpha "in hand".

thanks for posting it.

keep em coming guys :)

i hope to get mine this week (or the next).

i see that this alpha also has the back problems.

i'll just have to wait and see what i will get.

hey nobody thanked the rasta man for posting pics..... ;)

so....ROCK ON, REGGAE DOCTOR!!!

looks like the shadow will shmoke ! ! ! :D:D:D

Hey. no prob. But do I detect a hidden jest in "shmoke"? :pB))

Keeping my fingers crossed on my red Alpha...just got notification from BBTS that it's shipping today or tomorrow...

Also, make sure the legs at the hip joint are shifted all the way down and forward... I've found that not doing this really adds to the sagging/chest dragging problem.

That, and the fact that the chest intakes can't be fully rotated into a horizontal position because of the two flaps on the nose. -_-

figures.com has had some pics of the shadow up for a while. Personally I don't understand the appeal of the shadow. It's just a dumbed down version with a lackluster paintscheme. <_<

http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=1855

c'mon man... it's got charm too spare in the annels of mech greatness..

for instance...the head sculpt is fabulous! :D

Man, I really don't like the way the Alpha looks from the side in Fighter mode... It looks like it has a back problem ... It SAGS! The Rook in the picture appears to sag worse than my own Scott type does... That kinda sucks..

As for the Shadow... I wonder if that is just a painted prototype... I thought they WERE going to sculpt an accurate shoulder? hmmm...

I have that problem too. I have taken to calling it the 'banana effect'. <_<

Well, I just got my Red Alpha masterpiece (#01437) yesterday. I've transformed it to battroid and gardian modes, but have not yet switched it back to fighter, so I don't know if the hogging problem on my Red Legioss is better or worse than my Blue one, which wasn't bad once I pushed and pulled it a bit...right out of the box the arched back is just a mess, but it can be remedied. My first impression of Vol 2 is that the QC on my example is better than what I got on Vol 1. Now for some itemized observations:

1. Everything is much tighter on Vol 2...scaringly so.

2. Like others, the head is floppy, and in my case, a bit tilted to the right too.

3. Arms, left and right, aren't floppy at all and hold poses just fine.

4. No paint or glue smudges anywhere I could see.

5. Left thy red box has a 1/8" square paint ship that shows the white paint below. I'll have to do some touch-up.

6. Sensor pallet door is still a floppy mess when open, but it did not fall appart. The red color isn't even close to the tone used on the rest of the toy.

7. The legs and feet work fine just as on my Scott version.

Overeall, I don't see any improvements to the basic construction or design of any of the components on Vol 2. Unlike Yamato, which made tooling improvements during their products' run based on customer feedback or just a sense that they could do better, Toynami made no changes, and don't expect any in future releases. However, I did notice a modest improvement on their QC. Unfortunately, my impression of this improvement is totaly subjective, since it's based on just my two Alphas.

I feel like I almost got my money's worth on the Volume 2 (under $68.00 delivered...still a bit overpriced, but not excessive) and, since I haven't been burned yet, I'm looking forward to the Green Alpha. ;)

Edited by mechaninac

we want pictures~! we want pictures~!

YES! YES! ME TOO!

I'd love to oblige, but I don't have a working Digicam at the moment. :(

Rest assured that as soon as I can get my hands on one (gotta make it known that that is what I want for an X-mas gift) I'll take plenty of pictures of not only my new red Alpha, but also everything else in my collection to post at MW.

Edited by mechaninac

Got my red Alpha today (#00592), and I seem to have dodged the QC bug yet again. Good paint job, everything tight...only complaint is that the head is kind of loose.

Anybody got an idea where I can find one in here San Diego? ? ?

Still kind of new here and looking to get one. . .

I have the blue one but want the red also, trying to get them all. . .

Edited by DARKWIND

I'm out near the Qualcom Stadium, But I work at 32nd st.

So anywhere in between is good I'll just use mapquest to find it anyway. . .

does anyone know where to get recast hands for the alpha. mine was real nice but one of the hands just fell apart on me :angry: this sucks they are really frail. and i know i am not the only one haveing this problem.

chris :(

does anyone know where to get recast hands for the alpha. mine was real nice but one of the hands just fell apart on me :angry: this sucks they are really frail. and i know i am not the only one haveing this problem.

chris :(

...yep ...the hand on my bernard crumbled apart the first time i put the gun in hand..Ddohhhhh!!!

so i thought maybe 1/100 MG gundam hands...Buttt;

I decided too ship mine directly too toynami for a PROMPT replacment!!!!!!! :D

only thing is that the one they replaced it with had a tail fin snap right out of the box....SOOooo i am sending them back this one with a warning that i will keep returning reject product at THEIR expense!

they have been very receptive and seem earger too please! :blink:

this rukus is worth it due too the outright AWSOME sculpt on the legioss!!!!!

and since toynami seems too be VERY RESPONSIVE, ..i can't say anything negitive about this situation. ;):D

I'm out near the Qualcom Stadium, But I work at 32nd st.

So anywhere in between is good I'll just use mapquest to find it anyway. . .

Hmm, come to think of it...I really don't know any likely candidates. I get mine via the internet.

But where near the Q are you at? I was born in the Allied Garden's Kaiser, and lived my first 11 years withing walking distance of the Q (which was the 'Murph' when I lived there).

"Murph" or Murphy Canyon yup still the place just bigger. . .

I'm considering buying myself an Alpha for christmas, but i'm scared poop-less that if I order a Bernard, i'll end up with an 80 dollar plastic mess. However, I really like the colour scheme of the Bernard over the Rook.

So i'm wondering, for all you Alpha owners out there: now that you've had some time with your bernard, has your opinion on it changed? Is the QC truly that horrible? Should I just go with the Rook?

Help! I need advice!

hi i got the Bernard i will post some pics soon, it is a-ok except the hands are freaking weak and break easy :( from what i am hearing there is no difference really in quality between the 2. it seems that the newer scott bernards are about equal in quality to the rook, i actually like the blue one better myself, avoid the earliest releases of the bernard and you should be ok with either version.

except the damn hands <_<:angry: