My Custom CM's MILLIA - SDF Uniform

Mechamaniac

Ok, I'm not a Millia fanboy or anything, really... :blink: Well, at least as not as much as some around here.... :rolleyes: .

Anyway, I was browsing the Art section of MW not too long ago, (yes, there IS another part of MW!) and found a pic that inspired me.

So, without further adieu, allow me to present my muse...

mcr245l.jpg

And here is my version of her...

milliacustom.jpg

milliacustomclose.jpg

Nothing I'm sure compared to some of the masters around here, but I think I did pretty well with all the itty bitty painting I had to do.) I still need to clean her up a little here and there, but overall, I'm pleased. Besides, I think I am on par with the paint job on the CM figs anyway. It's kind of slapdash in places.

The hardest part was finding the correct color. I hate working with Gloss paints, but finding a light flat purple was next to impossible, so finally I settled for the appropriate shade of Testors light purple gloss spray paint, and a coat of dullcote. The gray on the shoulder boards, and the navy blue piping was all done by hand.

Yes, I used a spare Misa body, and repainted the uniform. No comments please as to the disparity of bust size, we all know Millia is stacked, and Misa isn't, but I wasn't about to whip out the sculpy and rework the whole figure.

Hopefully, this is good enough for consideration for the MW Custom Toy Gallery.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Great custom. I think that's the first one of its kind. Some of the best customs are sometimes the simples and most obvious. There haven't been that many done using the CMS figures. Speaking of CMS figures, has anyone else had any problems with their Sara figures? Both of mine refuse to stand straight up b/c she is always leaning over to the left.

A VF-1S for Millia she finally got some respect, but why is there a white stripe on the S head looks a racer's helmet. But nice custom. ;)

I kicked that around for a while. I wanted to keep the stripe on the head since I wanted to retain the original scheme of the head design, and the racing stripe. I am not sure yet as to whether or not the head will stay this way. I am thinking about repainting it.

A VF-1S for Millia she finally got some respect, but why is there a white stripe on the S head looks a racer's helmet. But nice custom.  ;)

I kicked that around for a while. I wanted to keep the stripe on the head since I wanted to retain the original scheme of the head design, and the racing stripe. I am not sure yet as to whether or not the head will stay this way. I am thinking about repainting it.

As a thought... if you want to spice things up without going back to the classic green visor, try something in a dark gray. I think it'd look good that way.