Konig Monster Transformation Guide with Pictures

peolesdru

1/1 LowViz Lurker you're a life saver! Thanks!

:D

http://www.upload2.net/page/download/VibIz...sguide.zip.html

^

I've uploaded it for you at a free file hosting site. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on the download link.

To view:

1. Just unzip all files to a temp directory using winzip.

2. open a webbrowser like IE

3. drag and drop the html file in the temp directory into the browser window to view it.

It should stay up there for about a year. LMK if there are any problems.

I'm just going to cut and paste some info about this that I thought might be important for me to remember for some reason:

• 4 months later...

I still have it. :D

Let me see if I can find it. Been a while since I looked at it...

edit:

I reuploaded it:

Upload File:

Upload complete

Download link http://upload2.net/page/download/lVqvRuLi6...sguide.zip.html

Delete link http://upload2.net/page/delete/code/lVqvRu...K6e6FxBsjT6EdAY

*Please remember these links

Information about uploaded file:

Link Id: lVqvRuLi6T78SNK

File Name: konig monster transguide.zip

Password: K6e6FxBsjT6EdAY

Server: 5

Size: 1.88 Mb (1975632 bytes)

Uploaded: 2007-02-08 16:33:41

Let me know if there is any problem. As usual you will need to unzip the files to a temp directory. Then just get a webbrowser (like the thing you are using to view this site) and drag and drop the .htm file into the browser window to view.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 1 month later...

I still have it. :D

Let me see if I can find it. Been a while since I looked at it...

edit:

I reuploaded it:

Let me know if there is any problem. As usual you will need to unzip the files to a temp directory. Then just get a webbrowser (like the thing you are using to view this site) and drag and drop the .htm file into the browser window to view.

Thank you! This was super handy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I dug up this old thread to let people know of something I read near the bottom of this page: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20080930#p1

The writer is complaining that "if Bandai have the time to block the re-release of the 1/100 VF-x2 Koenig Monster, then they should bring out a worthwhile product sometime".

I'm wondering if Graham or anyone else heard any other information, even if it is just rumours, concerning this, as it's the first I've heard of it. Could Bandai be such bee-tards that they don't want people to have the Yamato Koenig to customize into the SMS one, even though they themselves are not bringing one out? This month's issue of Hobby Japan even shows a custom using the Yamato, which clearly upped the demand for the item, which was by no means rare up to now.

If this is true... Goddammit, Bandai, I was fine with just avoiding your crappy-looking products, but now you're activbely messing up our hobbies? It looks like you've been taking lessons from HG behind our backs. <_<

A while back Graham did say that Yamato may not have the VF-X2 licence anymore, so I was wondering about the new GNUs myself... Then again, they were advertised as Macross Plus toys even in their VFX2 schemes... Graham did not mention any complications with Bandai though.

Previously when we were discussing possible color variations for some of the toys, they did let slip that there were some issues with the VF-X2 licence, but didn’t clarify exactly what those issues were. They did specifically mention not being able to do a 1/60 VF-19A. This was about 6 months ago, or maybe longer.

I was quite surprised that we are now getting a VF-X2 VF-19A GN-U.

Graham

Kinda funny really, all that legal tape just for the ability to add a few stickers to the konig and have a new paintscheme for the YF-19.

It's not even that because it seems Yamato are not allowed to rerelease the Koenig as is, even without the SMS markings. I can understand the issue, I mean, if I was Bandai I certainly wouldn't want to be effectively footing the bill for all the advertising for some other company's product who then makes all the profit. But nothing is stopping them making their own version to compete with. They should handle it as a challenge rather than eliminating the competition, that's just bad sportsmanship and it means that everyone goes home empty-handed.

Renato, where are you hearing that Yamato are not allowed to re-relaese the Konig?

Graham

I extrapolated that from the rumour that they planned to but Bandai blocked it.

As I said, the "rumour" comes from here: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20080930#p1

But that guy seems to be stating it as fact.

Edited by Renato

It's not even that because it seems Yamato are not allowed to rerelease the Koenig as is, even without the SMS markings. I can understand the issue, I mean, if I was Bandai I certainly wouldn't want to be effectively footing the bill for all the advertising for some other company's product who then makes all the profit. But nothing is stopping them making their own version to compete with. They should handle it as a challenge rather than eliminating the competition, that's just bad sportsmanship and it means that everyone goes home empty-handed.

If this were true... Then it stinks.

If I were Bandai, I would license the molds from Yamato (not forever, but say for a period of 5 years), whip up some new decals, and release it as the SMS Koenig. Saves a ton of cash, and the fans are appeased.

Plus Yamato makes money!

If this were true... Then it stinks.

If I were Bandai, I would license the molds from Yamato (not forever, but say for a period of 5 years), whip up some new decals, and release it as the SMS Koenig. Saves a ton of cash, and the fans are appeased.

Plus Yamato makes money!

And fix all the problems as well. (if possible)