EVANGELION ASUKA FIGURE

zeo-mare

crap it was cheap when it came out. i wish i would have grabbed it then.

It was pretty hot here in MW when it came out. Surprised you guys didn't catch us raving about it here in the forums. Me and Anubis and a few others were also abit annoyed at Tokyo Central for lack of an email response for our late shipments....but it reached us eventually.... <_<

It was pretty hot here in MW when it came out. Surprised you guys didn't catch us raving about it here in the forums. Me and Anubis and a few others were also abit annoyed at Tokyo Central for lack of an email response for our late shipments....but it reached us eventually.... <_<

Ah yes, I had all but forgotten about the Tokyo Central thing. They really did seem to handle that poorly. Now I'm mad at them all over again. :lol:

I hope Asuka comes hassle-free.

Ah yes, I had all but forgotten about the Tokyo Central thing. They really did seem to handle that poorly. Now I'm mad at them all over again. :lol:

Trust me, its is quite a hassle. Its mail order only. Hardest part was tracking down the Shonen Ace issues to get the cupon. They sold out in a matter of days.

yeah,, it was, but when it came out the price wasn't really the problem,, it was the availability. Not everyone that wants it could get it. It was backorder, not enough supply for pre-orders, etc. The price jump up to $25-$30 in a matter of days. It sucked

Trust me, its is quite a hassle. Its mail order only. Hardest part was tracking down the Shonen Ace issues to get the cupon. They sold out in a matter of days.

I guess you're right. :( It's really nice of you to go through all that to hook people up with the figure.

sorry to get off track but my rei ayanami figure when i compare it to the box

pic of her, the rei on the pic seems to have a wider fuller

face, not sure if anyone has the same problem or notices that compared

with the rei pic on their box

it was just mentioned elsewhere on this site that there is bootlegs of the rei out there on the market and the packaging and stuff almost seems identical to the real release i do not know to much about it. i do not known if yours is different because it is a slight error, a bootleg or if it just vary's from the ones on the box. do you have any pics?

Bear in mind that there are also legit HK releases which are identical to the Japanese version just the packaging and the manga printed in Mandarin. ;)

I am pretty sure my manga is in japanese that came with my rei ayanami figure

IT is identical to the one pictured on the box but when I have a good look at the pic on

the box of her face facing full forward and have a good look at the figure facing it full worward

facing you. compare the face size to head ratio and do the same for the picture.

look at her bangs and the hair on the left and right side of her face.

The hair give it away.

I did get the rei figure when it came out, and I was very happy with the ease of posing. The reason I sold it soon after was it was so fricking SMALL. Every other figure I had was huge compared to this one.

I hope in the long run they reiissue it in a larger scale, because the sculpt was so sweet.

/2 cents

If anyone live in the Seattle area, Kinokunia (in the international district) has about 4 of the Reis for $26. Rei's certainly not my fav, so I didn't get one, if they had an Asuka tho.......

I called and ordered several from the Seattle store on Saturday. They showed up today. One had torn cellophane and one had a dinged box, the others were in mint. Which one of the non-mint ones would you open?

If anyone live in the Seattle area, Kinokunia (in the international district) has about 4 of the Reis for $26.  Rei's certainly not my fav, so I didn't get one, if they had an Asuka tho.......

I called and ordered several from the Seattle store on Saturday. They showed up today. One had torn cellophane and one had a dinged box, the others were in mint. Which one of the non-mint ones would you open?

Any chance you could PM me the contact info? I'm also looking for a Rei...... ;)

:lol: everybodys looking for Rei now that i bought it up again. :lol::lol::lol: i got mine on hold hopefully very soon.

If anyone live in the Seattle area, Kinokunia (in the international district) has about 4 of the Reis for $26.  Rei's certainly not my fav, so I didn't get one, if they had an Asuka tho.......

Suggest you open the torn one. Dings are ok but once it's torn........ might as well open it.

Any chance you could PM me the contact info? I'm also looking for a Rei...... ;)

Hey guys (Rune and UN Spacy),

Here is the contact info and the ISBN #. I hope they still have some left. Good luck!

Later,

Baldrick

>From: "Kinokuniya <Seattle>" <sebookweb@kinokuniya.com>

>Subject: Shinseiki Evangelion (9) REI Special Box

>Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:01:17 -0800

>

>Thanks for your inquiry.

>

>We do have the title in stock. Price is $26.35.

>

>Please call us at (206) 587-2477 to order. You

>must call to order since we can't take your order

>online for this particular item due to our system

>matter.

>

>So please call today!

>

>Satoshi

>Customer Service

>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

>KINOKUNIYA BOOKSTORES

>SEATTLE STORE

>525 S WELLER ST

>SEATTLE, WA 98104

>(206)587-2477

>FAX 587-0160

>sebookweb@kinokuniya.com

>Monday-Saturday 10AM-9PM

>Sunday 10AM-8PM P.S.T.

>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

>

>

>----- Original Message -----

>To: <sebookweb@kinokuniya.com>

>Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 3:23 PM

>Subject: Evangelion REI Special Box

>

>

> > Hello,

> >

> > I am looking for a special edition boxed Manga, of Neon Genesis Evangelion

> > 9. I was told by friends that your other stores in the U.S. carried this

> > item. It is listed under ISBN 4-04-900760-6. Do you have this in stock still?

> >

> >

> > Thank you,

> >

Edited by Baldrick

• 4 months later...

Probably wanted the manga and picked the boxed ver. up to resell Rei.

20 bucks shipping for that? He's out of his mind.

20 bucks shipping for that? He's out of his mind.

Shipping and handling

He's making back all the eBay and PayPal fees via handling, I bet.

The figure was only available as part of the 1st pressing copies of the Eva manga that he's not including. This could mean either the figure was a boot or he's keeping the manga (doubtful - the manga is only worth a buck or two, why strip it and kill the set's value).