Mac 2 monster

MGREXX

IMHO Yamato will probably scrap the Mac II Monster, with the 1/100 Koenig being released next month there's really no need for another.

With the possibility of 1/60 coming next year do we really need a third Monster?

BTW. I don't remember seeing a Monster in Mac II. Can someone refresh my memory?

:huh:

i'm thinking that one(1/60 monster)is a pipe dream. with the dollar down and the price of metal up that thing would be around $400-$450 and the molds alone would kill in cost... although I want one.....I'm not holding my breath.....the vf-19 was just retooling and that feel into a large black hole awhile ago......I would think 1/100 or smaller if any?

If I remember correctly, the Monster was supposed to be almost entirely plastic. The cost of metal may not have much of an effect on the final product. Of course, my memory may be incorrect.

I wouldn't worry about metal ore pricing. Oil prices has taken a toll on plastic resin lately but that is all pure BS anyways considering there are multiple factors in toy production. Most of it in reality are excuses to drive up material costs.

I really do hope the Monster will come out but when the YEN is weaker and when oil price excuses goes back down.

Edited by Neova

BTW. I don't remember seeing a Monster in Mac II. Can someone refresh my memory?

As has been said already, the "Mac 2" in question is the original land based dreadnaught from the SDF Macross, and not from Macross II. Be that as it may, there was a very short appearance of a new Mac 2 in "Lovers again"...see picture:

post-4-1103651298_thumb.gif

Edited by mechaninac

From What I recall:

It was suppose to be 90% plastic and 10% metal.

The cost was going o be around $250.00

I had a picture of it but it was an unpainted prototype. It was a big mother.

I will look for it.

btw, is the Yamato VF-0 suffering from the delay gremliin as well? It's well past summer. :lol:

Edited by MGREXX

while a 1/60 monster would be the shiznit, how much would it suck if it broke on its way from HK? for retailers and buyers? you'd have to pack it up in a GIANT arse box or something and insure it for like $500.

and even if it got to the states safely, what if it broke on its way from VE(just as an example) or something. granted Kevins a great guy when it comes to things like that but how much would it suck if you opened the box and something was broken? would it be worth shipping it back to VE? and would it be worth VE carrying the toy with the fear that something might be wrong or something break if its not packed in a bullet proof box and heavily insured?

if i were a retailer, this would be the last toy i want to sell. i'd leave it up to the HK dudes and let this one pass. so thanks, but no thanks, i'll stick with the koeing and be happy. :)

while a 1/60 monster would be the shiznit, how much would it suck if it broke on its way from HK? for retailers and buyers? you'd have to pack it up in a GIANT arse box or something and insure it for like $500.

and even if it got to the states safely, what if it broke on its way from VE(just as an example) or something. granted Kevins a great guy when it comes to things like that but how much would it suck if you opened the box and something was broken? would it be worth shipping it back to VE? and would it be worth VE carrying the toy with the fear that something might be wrong or something break if its not packed in a bullet proof box and heavily insured?

if i were a retailer, this would be the last toy i want to sell. i'd leave it up to the HK dudes and let this one pass. so thanks, but no thanks, i'll stick with the koeing and be happy. :)

true true.

This shipping cost alone would be through the roof. Even if it was 90% plastic.

Imagine EMS on that sucker. :o

Definitely something I was hoping for was a 1/60 MKII monster. But it seems like something that was put out as a tester idea and then canned since I haven't heard anything myself on it. The best way to go is to make the paper monster.

:lol:

Well Noel revealed the 1/48 GBP before we saw it and the same source told him that it was still on for next year, as well as the YF-19FP... so I still have my hopes up. I think it'll be pretty ballsy for Yamato to do it.

ADD: You'd think there'd be some sort of an announcement of a Max figure for the Blue Q-rau... <_<

Edited by >EXO<

I just thought I would point out that it is only called the "MAC II" in Robotech. It is never called that in SDF Macross or any Macross sequel. Also, Yamato's toy of the Monster was going to be 1/60 scale, not 1/100 as some others have already pointed out. Hence all the confusion in this thread.

As has been said already, the "Mac 2" in question is the original land based dreadnaught from the SDF Macross, and not from Macross II. Be that as it may, there was a very short appearance of a new Mac 2 in "Lovers again"...see picture:

giantmonster1.gif

This looks good to me! I'll take one at 1/72 or 1/48 scale.

someone looking for me?

actually the MKIII from macross 2 does look mean. i need that one and the clawed land crab MKI both in 1/160 though to go with my ARII model

im a destroid nut if you cant tell.

Edited by HWR MKII

Err... you wouldn't think any store or warehouse would mark up to cover their shipping cost on that thing?

HK dealers can ship by surface mail (sea shipping) to reduce your overall cost. Just buy insurance due to the extra handling, longer and rougher voyage to you.

sure..........EVERYBODY marks stuff up....BUT at least at franks, you get a decent price for your purchase.......ESPECIALLY if you wait for their ground (or should I say sea :D ) shipping freight to come in. The Ait freight shipments can get a bit pricey!!!!!! :o