Beware!

Myersjessee

:o;)

searcher.gif

Well....some of you may remeber this thread from a while back. One of our resident sculptors built up this little baby and shared his results with us here.

LINK

Well....what you may not know is he was kind enough to PM me and ask me if I was interested in casting the kit. To be honest, I swore to myself I was going to take a break and build up some kits, but I couldn't resist such a cool little project and wanted to make sure it came into existence...so here it is...the SpiderBug in all it's glory! :D

I hope you all like it...these pictures were rushed...I never seem to have daylight except for weekends, and then Im swamped with family stuff around the holidays so I just literally popped these pieces from the molds and used nips to clip the sprues and voila. So...they may still show a little flash but I am very happy with them. At this point I would like to give a big thank you to John Mosacato. John shared a lot of casting tips with me, and the results have really been amazing. John is a swell guy and was very generous with his time...thanks John.

Now...onto the kit...I have to say I was pysched when Gundamhead PM'ed me...but I honestly didnt expect a ton. he said he sculpted it fairly quickly and I thought it would be a neat little project...nothing more. Well...imagine my suprise when the box arrives and includes a 21 piece highly detailed kit! DAMN! This baby has more detail then some of my WFest kits...amazing! So....realizing I really had to do this baby I got to work...months later I finally got to it...so...here it is...

First..some shots of the original: (these are from Gundamheads masters and his pictures)

From the side

63138223.jpg

From the front

63138296.jpg

Edited by Myersjessee

Now...here is the guts of the kit. One of the things I noted that was really cool is Gundamhead tried to make this a fun kit with lots of options. He included extra arms, grips, and pieces to allow lots of customization in your setup.

As for casting, the pieces are coming out very clean with minimal bubbles clean sharp surfaces and almost no seams.

sbugkit.JPG

Edited by Myersjessee

Hope Im not boring people at this point...but I love this little bugger...here are some closeups of the parts

The body...check out all the panels, access points, and tiny details...amazing for the size of the baby...very talanted is that Gundamhead!

sbody1.jpg

direct side

sbugbody.jpg

Its amazing how much detail there is on this that my poor camera skills lose. Take for instance the four rectangular "lights? " in the lower front of the body. These each have tiny lines etched vertically inside them to add extra realism. I didn't get a good picture, but the detail is there and I know it will excentuate the kit when it's built up.

Edited by Myersjessee

Here are all the different arms that come with it...including a single customizable arm. You only really need 2, but its cool to have all the options. I also like the fact they are joints with a ball and cup joint...easy to manuver for a scene, yet also easy to glue and make strong. I also love all the thought he put into all the different arm end widths.

sbugarms.jpg

Edited by Myersjessee

Oh...and here is a picture of the baby for scale with a Hasegawa 1/72 Angel birds...I just stacked it up on pieces...this isn't the way it should look! :) (obviously! )

sbugscale.JPG

Anyways...Im off to watch SNL....hope you guys enjoyed these and appreciate Gundamheads work as much as I do! Its really a very impressive little kit!

In case anyone is interested I'll be casting a few up and offering them for sale soon. Gundamhead really wanted them to be reasonable and attainable so we are trying to keep them cheap. I'm thinking it will be $25 for the complete kit with maybe a discount if your buying two. (We'd both love to see people build these...so I was thinking if we gave a discount on a 2nd that might spur people on to go ahead and finish one!!! ) More details to come.

Anyways...cheers all!

Edited by Myersjessee

My compliments on the design work and the casting.

Looks like a really fun kit, and could have some incredible diorama possibilities.

I would definitely be in for one, and could probably be pursuaded into two. ;)

Later