[scopedog] psst..

Shaggydog

Our friends at zipa remind us: to view more images, click the tiny 'Next' at the top of the image window!! (there are 4 images of the scopedog, total)

Also note the exciting Huckebein news!

yes it is definetly good news about the Huckebein i wish they would make a few of the other versions as well, i am definetly picking that up.

Just saw the Yamato 1/12 scale Scopedog toy today in the Nelson Street branch of Animate in Mong Kok.

Nice box. It's great that Yamato is actually doing proper painted box art, not just a photo-shopped image of the toy like they usually do for their Macross toys.

As others have commented the matt finish plastic used on the toy looks nice.

Still at HK$1,280 (US$164), it's a bit more expensive than I'm willing to pay, being only a casual Votoms fan.

Now, I'm a notorious impulse buyer (as I suspect are many MWers) and I buy all sorts of useless junk (toys) that I don't really want or need :lol:, but that price is just so unattractive, especially as the only accessory the toy comes with is the rifle. Now if it had included the pilot figure and Round Mover or Parachute Zack for that price I might have considered buying it. As it is, no thanks Yamato, keep your overpriced Scopdog.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Red Shoulder Custom version and hopefully a more reasonable price.

Judging from the limited number of posts to this thread, I think it's safe to say that this toy is not going to be very popular, well at this price anyway. Is the US version really only going to retail for only US$60?

Graham

I think it's been reported elsewhere that Yamato plan to release the "Round-mover" and "Red-Shoulder Custom" packs separately, ala 1/48 FP Armor sets... I really like the improved articulation in the ankles, but will wait for the actual toy to arrive before making a decision. I'm much more likely to be buying the OTHER pricey Yamato toy this December... de Konig M.

Sorry, but that's a gay looking mech, I'll pass this one up no matter what the price.

I think the Scopedog is rather cool looking. One of the few reasonably realistic robot designs out there. It's more on the 'tank with legs' side of things than your average anime robot.

Sorry, but that's a gay looking mech, I'll pass this one up no matter what the price.

Never saw the show did ya? Sorry it aint gay. Gay would be the VF-19 Fire Valkyrie.

Scopedog looks good but I'll wait for the US release in Apr/May. Is the Chirico figure out too?

HEY !

I have on of these 1/24 takara versions and it's anything but gay !

One of the guys here said once it looked like a sissyfied Zaku... :blink:

I beg to differ still.

Yeah, the Scopedog is one of my favorite retrostyled gritty mecha designs. Don't be dissin it

To all You Folk doin' the homophobia -

The sexual orientation of the mech in question is irrelevant, considering it isn't sentient, nor is it capeable of copulation (straight or otherwise).

I thought the American Army of Concerned Parents didn't let you Southern types play with Japanese toys because you tend to choke on the small parts.

Of course, I am assuming the folks here who made off-hand comments about sexual orientation are from the South... civilized folk tend to be more respectful.

I could be wrong... I mean, your president is all about banning consenting adults from making their vows of love legally binding, so perhaps I am wrong.

In short... saying a toy is "gay", meaning a toy is "stupid" or "unappealing" is just as bad as saying a toy is "black" or "jewish" or "from the South".

Sorry about slamming you people from the South... I was just trying to illustrate a point.

Think.

Be nice.

It's a small planet and we all have to live in it.

Edited by RainBot

To all You Folk doin' the homophobia -

The sexual orientation of the mech in question is irrelevant, considering it isn't sentient, nor is it capeable of copulation (straight or otherwise).

I thought the American Army of Concerned Parents didn't let you Southern types play with Japanese toys because you tend to choke on the small parts.

Of course, I am assuming the folks here who made off-hand comments about sexual orientation are from the South... civilized folk tend to be more respectful.

I could be wrong... I mean, your president is all about banning consenting adults from making their vows of love legally binding, so perhaps I am wrong.

In short... saying a toy is "gay", meaning a toy is "stupid" or "unappealing" is just as bad as saying a toy is "black" or "jewish" or "from the South".

Sorry about slamming you people from the South... I was just trying to illustrate a point.

Think.

Be nice.

It's a small planet and we all have to live in it.

I'm not being nor am I homophobic. I've had gay friends for years. Even they say stuff like this. I'm from the North , ole "GWB" is an idiot and so are you.

back to the topic

I'm not being nor am I homophobic. I've had gay friends for years. Even they say stuff like this.  I'm from the North , ole "GWB" is an idiot and so are you.

back to the topic

Sigh.

Son, when one uses a term such as "gay" or "black" or any other belief system, racial group or social stereotype as a synonym for "stupid", one is insulting that belief system, racial group or social group regardless if one is a member of that belief system, racial group or social group.

Now I may be going out on a limb here, but I doubt your chummy gay friends use the term "gay" when describing something they dislike.

For example. I almost agree with your post, which stated "Kai's Fire Valkyrie is gay". Is it homosexual? Obviously not, because it ain't alive and has no desire for sexual relations with other mecha.

It *is* gay-LOOKING, however as it might fit into a stereotype. The majority of humanity would not be surprised to see Liberace jump out of the thing and cry "it's showtime!".

I hope this cleared things up for you.

I wouldn't mind knowing why you think I'm an idiot though.

Interesting side note: You label these other friends as "gay" because you classify them as different from your "regular" friends which is a whole other kettle of fishies for you to steam over. Don't you look at the quality of the person's character before you look at their sexual orientation?

And as for the ScopeDog, I think the thing looks amazing. I am eagerly awaiting Diamond's release... hoepfully by then all the accessories will be out.

Thanks for the link, Shag!

Edited by RainBot

I'm not being nor am I homophobic. I've had gay friends for years. Even they say stuff like this.  I'm from the North , ole "GWB" is an idiot and so are you.

back to the topic

Sigh.

Son, when one uses a term such as "gay" or "black" or any other belief system, racial group or social stereotype as a synonym for "stupid", one is insulting that belief system, racial group or social group regardless if one is a member of that belief system, racial group or social group.

Now I may be going out on a limb here, but I doubt your chummy gay friends use the term "gay" when describing something they dislike.

For example. I almost agree with your post, which stated "Kai's Fire Valkyrie is gay". Is it homosexual? Obviously not, because it ain't alive and has no desire for sexual relations with other mecha.

It *is* gay-LOOKING, however as it might fit into a stereotype. The majority of humanity would not be surprised to see Liberace jump out of the thing and cry "it's showtime!".

Interesting side note: You label these other friends as "gay" because you classify them as different from your "regular" friends which is a whole other kettle of fishies for you to steam over. Don't you look at the quality of the person's character before you look at their sexual orientation?

And as for the ScopeDog, I think the thing looks amazing. I am eagerly awaiting Diamond's release... hoepfully by then all the accessories will be out.

People who argue semantics are gay. :p This Scopedog is definately not. ;)

People who argue semantics are gay. :p  This Scopedog is definately not. ;)

Heh. :D

Yes, racist, sexist and homophobic views, so deeply entrenched in today's frightened hate-filled society that they pop up in everyday conversation without any thought is just pointless semantics.

Gypped out of any deals lately?

"Gypped" was a term propigated by the fun-loving Nazi party, in reference to Gypsies, who nobody (except other Gypsies it seems) liked. Nobody cares about them now (moslty because they were all killed) and use the term "Gypped"widely without any thought whatsoever. The term used to be "Jewed" until people starting thinking that was wrong. Why not bring back "Jewed" and "Niggered" and "Chinked"?

Semantics.

:unsure:

As for the Scopedog, won't it have to have a tonne of modifications if it is to be any other version? I thought the Brutish Dog, my fave (cuz it's pink :p ) had different feet.

Ideas?

Edited by RainBot

Yes, racist, sexist and homophobic views, so deeply entrenched in today's frightened hate-filled society that they pop up in everyday conversation without any thought is just pointless semantics.

"Gypped" was a term propigated by the fun-loving Nazi party, in reference to Gypsies, who nobody (except other Gypsies it seems) liked. Nobody cares about them now (moslty because they were all killed) and use the term "Gypped"widely without any thought whatsoever. The term used to be "Jewed" until people starting thinking that was wrong. Why not bring back "Jewed" and "Niggered" and "Chinked"?

Semantics.

As for the Scopedog, won't it have to have a tonne of modifications if it is to be any other version? I thought the Brutish Dog, my fave (cuz it's pink :p ) had different feet.

Ideas?

Those terms are only offensive because you take offense to them. At the same time everyones opinion is valid so you do what you do and I'll do what I do and they'll do what they do but this isn't the place to discuss such things.

There really isn't enough variety in votoms designs to warrant more than one for me but I'm hoping this may lead to dougram toys from Yamato. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

back to the topic

Sigh.

Don't call me son. And yes I look at the quality of a person's character before their sexual orientation. I dunno what business it is of yours though. My friends are my friends. I don't care about their sexual orientation. But I'll label them gay since that's what they are. They label me straight.

Your semantics games are really annoying.

anyway....look how big the scopedog is

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT33153

post-26-1103649820_thumb.jpg

Semantics.

Ideas?

Methinks someone doest protest too much. :p

As for the scopedog...it looks awesome for an old school design, but it's too rich for my blood. :(

Edited by mechaninac

"...One hundred lucky buyers of the Votoms DVD Memorial Box will receive a special "Odon Battle" 1:12 Scopedog recolor...

Is this US or Japan?

Dunno?

I thought the Brutish Dog, my fave (cuz it's pink :p  ) had different feet. Ideas?

I believe the only difference, other than your favorite color ;) , is the Gatling Gun/Claw arm.

There really isn't enough variety in votoms designs to warrant more than one for me but I'm hoping this may lead to dougram toys from Yamato. ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing a Berserga. :D

Oh and, DOUGRAM!!! Now THAT would be the SHIZNIT!!!

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Very true! Especially the 1/48 Dougram and 1/72 Blockhead!!

I still have the 1/72 Dougram and Soltic....

...and a nice big Dougram toy as the Yamato Votoms would compliment them nicely!!! :D

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Man, I'm glad I'll have plenty of time to save up for this jolly green giant since presently I'll be spending three months worth of toy money on the jolly green Monster. By summer I should have a huge Monster VS. Scopedog display eating up half of the space in my apartment. :ph34r: