[scopedog] psst..

Shaggydog

Looks like the purple Scopedog is coming to the US. August 2005

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/

Yamato continues its award winning (Toybox DX 2004 Toy of the Year) line of 1/12 Scopedog action figures and accessories with the Melquiya Scopedog as featured in the premiere episode of the classic anime Armored Troopers Votoms. Distinguished with a purple paint application, the Melquiya Scope dog comes with all the spectacular features of the original ATM-09-ST version - fully articulated with removable armor plating, rotating telescopic lens, special internal spring mechanisms for simulation of arm punch and stand-by modes, and concealed wheels in the base of the feet for gliding action. Measuring over 12.5" and constructed of over an amazing 300 individual parts, the Melquiya Scopedog comes in a stylish window box with the GAT-22 heavy machine gun with removable magazine and extra set of hands. Yamato's Votoms have been selling out in Japan and generating quite a buzz in the US. To find out how you can be part of the action, contact your Yamato sales representative.
Edited by dejr8bud

I wonder why they had a copy of Adam Warren's P.O.S. Bubblegum Crisis comic book 'Grand Mal' behind the BGC toys? Very weird.

COSPA has some very cool stuff, they just tend to be crazy expensive. I bought a sweatshirt of theirs this summer while I was in Japan, ran me over $60.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not an über Votoms fan, but I've always liked the Scopedod, so I'm gonna get one. But for the pictures it looks like Yamato is releasing various versions, my question to those who know Votoms better is: which one should I get? Chirico's is the all green one, or is it the Red Shoulder the most characteristic of the series? Maybe I can just buy the "red shoulder" and put it to the green Scope Dog :p Any suggestions?

Okay, nevermind: I just read that the Red Shoulder is a special bundle edition for TRU Japan and the purple looks cheesy, so I'll end up getting the green.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I just recieved my Yamato Scopedog from kevin (aka Valkyrie-exchange.com) and all I can say is.... WOW!!! Let me just start off by saying I never seen a single episode of VOTOMS or have read the manga. Growing up in the 80's I only saw glimpses of the scopedog in model form, the takara ones and the ones x-plus came out with a few years ago (correct me if I'm wrong)

I was always intrested in the design and always wanted to pick up the model kits, but when your an adult, who has time to put things together. Til I heard yamato was planning to produce a 1/12 scale toy/model. As soon as kevin had this baby on pre-order I jumped at the chance to finally own a scopedog!! Sure its toy-like and the color's a little bland (I plan on weathering it anyway) But this thing rocks and blows everything else away in my collection (sad to say even my 1/48 VF1j)

You seen the pics online and read the reviews but trust me, once you have one in your hands this will be your favourite!! did I mention how big this thing is? Not just in height but it's sheer bulk. It's a head taller the MP Optimus prime and a head shorter than Unicron and Omega Supreme. I cant wait for the accessories to come out, especially the special mission back-packs.

Thanks Kevin, Thanks Yamato, Thanks God, Thanks Job (for allowing me to afford this monstrosity) and Thanks for a wife who understands my hobbies.

I cant sleep now..Im estatic..feels like christmas.. end of blog :blink:

Ya I got mine from Kevin the other day too(thanks Kev). The Scopedog is badass and huge.

can you post pics i would love to see the size of it.

Is this getting released through Diamond or other distribution? Nothing against our fine e-tailers, but I'd rather buy local if I can.

Yup, I think Kevin obtained his stock through Diamond Distributors (thus the cheaper cost) I pre-ordered mine months ago for $99 and with shipping it was like $104 I think (or was it $114) Which still way cheaper than most local or some online stores.

Is this getting released through Diamond or other distribution? Nothing against our fine e-tailers, but I'd rather buy local if I can.

It is a domestic release. Kevin and TwinMoons had them for about a 100.00. other places I've seen them online for 120.00. The import price (if you bought it from HLJ) is about 170.00 I think.

I'll try to post some pics tonight since I'm broke and have no bar money but the fridge at home is stocked with beer lol :lol:

I don't get this one,

Why, since the molds are done and all the yada yada around developping such a toy, why is it not sold in the US already ?

can someone explain this to me. Is there licencing issues ?

Maybe they had to go through CPM first.

Got my Scopedog and Chirico yesterday.

Scopedog: Amazing toy. 300+ parts, wow! Very tall and lots of detail. The cockpit is amazing also. My only gripe is mine is a little loose, you have to balance it carefully. This is one of the best toys I've every seen. Lots of articulation. Just amazing.

Gotta give it a 9. Looseness is the only real negative.

Chirico: Great design except for the manboobs. If you put the helmet head on (the heads and hands pop off to switch out) you can pretend it's a girl.

I give him a 8. I'd liked to have seen a better sculpt for the face, and no boobs.

Picture stolen from Transfans, cause I'm too lazy to take pics today.

post-26-1115564707_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you guys started developing stress-marks around where the 'Dog hands pop in and out? Specifically where the 2 studs that allow the wrist to angle pop in? Or indeed do you have a fool-proof mechanism for popping them in and out without worry? Why do i have a sinking feeling that i'll be contacting HLJ for new wrists....

Teaser: Yeah, I put the gun hand on the right hand, and it was a major pain. I won't be switching back most likely, but I'll bet that will be a problem if you switch back and forth often.

dejr8bud: I have a Chirico figure, not sure if Yamato USA released one though.