Roy's VF-1S 3rd Reissue

Evanta

haha... I hate to keep breaking the bad news, but...

I didn't open it but it looked like the hard plastic ones.

If you guys want TV pilots PM Rohby, he has the mold for them.

aww shucks. :( the gummy pilots are so much better.

TV pilots? i forgot about those, i should've picked up a few for my roys.

i just got the pencil sharpener standing pilots(after seeing yours) today. :p hopefully steady hands will prevail and they'll come out nice.

My shipment is coming in this weekend but it still has to clear US customs. I expect to ship around 12/15. While I got allocated on my initial order, I have enough coming to fill all preorders. I also had to buy more from another supplier to get extra stock but at a higher price.

-Kevin

Just before the holidays, eh? :D

Must resist buying 1/48, been doing fine so far...

Must resist :lol:

so,these 3rd releases are having issues w/ the bp8 breaking easily or broke upon arrival? i've yet to get a yammie w/ any qc issues,just lucky i guess.you guys must handle your valks like a gorrilla to be breaking that backpack piece.i consider myself rather rough w/ my 1/60 & 1/48 valks & i've yet to break a hip or backpack piece :blink:

Didn't break them, but saw warnings about it plastered all over, so wanted to make sure I know what it is, and be careful with it. First timer 1/48 here after all.

bad news guys, I just spoke with Soze and he informed that he just sold out on the 1Ss.

At least Kevin has some more coming in. I think their prices were the same. Good luck.

actually VE had them for a little less...

1S pre-order

i pre-ordered mine through kevin right after i heard the news. B))

the people that got in late on the pre-orders had to pay $134.99.

bad news guys, I just spoke with Soze and he informed that he just sold out on the 1Ss.

At least Kevin has some more coming in.  I think their prices were the same.  Good luck.

actually VE had them for a little less...

1S pre-order

i pre-ordered mine through kevin right after i heard the news. B))

the people that got in late on the pre-orders had to pay $134.99.

yeah... but that's the preorder price, the ones he got from another contact will be more. I got my order in in the nick of time too... :D

My shipment is coming in this weekend but it still has to clear US customs. I expect to ship around 12/15. While I got allocated on my initial order, I have enough coming to fill all preorders. I also had to buy more from another supplier to get extra stock but at a higher price.

-Kevin

thanks kevin

Just got my Roy from Neova. Execellent packaging (heaps of bubble wrap) and super fast delivery. Shipped on the 3rd Dec received today the 8th Dec. Thanks Neova.

Ok back to the topic. So far two QCs problem on mine. Firstly Crooked Skull on tail fin. Not as bad as the first issue but it's slightly crooked. Guess Yamato gone back to their old habits. Secondly crooked pilot seat, like some reported on the Max 1J. Other than that everything seems fine. Cross finger and hope nothing else.

Edited by Valk-1S

Mine arrived today. It seems to be ok overall, nothing serioys. One of the wings has a greyish stain on it, I didnt notice it at first, but on close examination spotted it. Its not something Im to upset about anyway.

the only thing that bugs me a bit is that the head and chest/nose/cockpit sections are very loose, moreso than my other 48s. Ill have tohave a good look at it, I might have to glue it togetehr abit tighter.

but overall Im happy :)

Mine arrived today. It seems to be ok overall, nothing serioys. One of the wings has a greyish stain on it, I didnt notice it at first, but on close examination spotted it. Its not something Im to upset about anyway.

the only thing that bugs me a bit is that the head and chest/nose/cockpit sections are very loose, moreso than my other 48s. Ill have tohave a good look at it, I might have to glue it togetehr abit tighter.

but overall Im happy :)

where did you get yours?

if you don't feel like blowing up anyones spot, just PM me.

Hi all,

All of my stock has been sold out and one thing I noticed right away was the way the Yamato boxes were put together. The flaps were not always inserted properly or inserted at all. Its OK if nothing is wrong but my batch were definately rushed and pushed in while misaligned, resulting in some bent tabs.

I'm very sorry to hear of crooked skulls, crooked seats, and loose panels. I shipped almost everything out as fast as they were paid for but never had a chance to open one for a look see.

For those of you who ordered from the states, please check your packaging and the contents. I know my batches definately had QC issues since the outer box was fine shipped over from Japan. Big sigh...

I'll be talking to my source about this and see if the feedback will get through to someone so Yamato can improve their QC issues before any more toys slip out.

Thanks for the update Kev... I'm not getting this as a gift for anyone, so timing isn't really a factor for me.... Although I was planning on wrapping it and putting it under the tree and pretending it was from Santa... :lol:

well thanks for the update...i know how crazy things get and i hope you get the orders in soon...i just hope they don't have all the QC problems like the ones Neova got. :( btw...i'm sorry Neova that all these valks you ordered had such bad problems with them...so far, i'm kinda wishing i got the 2nd issue of the VF-1S Roy when i had the chance :lol:

I should again say that I didnt have a serious issue with my valk from neova. The loose front took like, 10 seconds to fix. The skulls are straight, the plates all stay on....theres this mega minor stain on one wing, and thats IT> And I doubt I could take a pic and show u, its THAT faint.

Im happy with the valk I got, and will use Neova again.

Here endeth the sucking up ;)

sorry if it sounded like i was trying to make Neova sound bad...i've actually bought stuff from him before so i know he's a good honest dealer...yamato is the one to blame for this...you figured they'd keep the QC up after making the truely "perfect" version of the VF-1S in the first batch of reissues...i guess they don't give a rats arse about macross fans...when i feel it was we who really buy from them...most of us have bought other yamato products simply because of our good experiences with them...it's not right to just crap all over loyal customers like that...i've probably bought enough yamato story image figures to pay for 2 1/48's! <_<