The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

lol you are not boring us at all in fact i am loving it, by the way i that the gundam hazel I see at the bottom shelf? any pics? i would love to see what you did for it. i have yet to start mine.

Yup, you're right.

It's a Hazel made with a complimentary head replacement I got in one of Dengeki's 2004 magazines. The body is from a RGM-79 Quel

Great job!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: funny one with the light , very nice cases and very nice Hazel custom i have the same thing but have yet to start it. thanks very much for posting these great pics of the Monster and your collection for me.

appreciate it greatly

chris

edit: forgot to ask are those Ikea cabinets if so how much for them? and what are they called i have never seen those before.

Edited by zeo-mare

Great pictures! I really like the plaques that you made to go along with your collection.

I came home to find my monster waiting on the couch - yesh, that box is huge. After 20 minutes of cutting through Toy-Wave's bubble wrap I finally got to see the box ;). I have to say that I'm impressed with this toy. The colors are nice, the transformation is interesting, all three modes look decent and its huge. Gerwalk is great. It looks like the holes on the arms are going to break eventually, but it shouldn't affect the transformation. The peg can still go into what is left after the thin side breaks off. The problem is that the peg is square and kinda big. It doesn't help that its such a tight fit.

Is the nose supposed to point up a little in shuttle mode? Also, is there supposed to be a big gap behind the nose section (the one that goes all the way through). I'm not sure if its the design or if I'm doing something wrong.

Well, played a bit with my monster last night... (ya ya I know :lol: ) The instructions were indeed a bit of a let down but I managed to get the thing into Gerwalk mode afterall. In the end the change from shuttle to gerwalk was rather easy once you get passed the instructions.

I noticed that out of the box the hole at the tip of the arm gun barrels which lock at the front of shuttle mode already had a stress line on them!!! I don't think it is that bad though cause looking at it the clip is a hook clip and not a peg as I first thought and I think it would still clip into the inner square hole even if the outer circle edge got cut.

Also the trick of pulling the legs down a bit to lock the side tabs in shuttle mode works ok and in fact maybe that is correct afterall? I dont think if the clip was the other way around that the "gap" between the legs and body would be any different cause the gap is due to just the overal under body sticking out. I reckon if the clip was the other way around you probably have to push the legs up rather than down so be about the same.

Overall, I'm loving my monster though the Fiance wasn't too impressed with it!!! :ph34r: (luckily she likes the Valks and even liked SDF Macross when showed it to her :D:D:D:D:D )

Responses to a couple above questions/comments...

1. There is minimal diecast. All I've noticed is the little feet (the pads between the larger sections of the feet) and the heel. I wouldn't want diecast in this toy since large pieces flop around everwhere during the transformation. I think it would be undo stress. The VB-6 is nice and solid with the plastic.

2. I don't think that the gap between the body and the wing is avoidable even if the clips were reversed. I played around with moving the legs and the gap is always present. The gap does get a little smaller if the wing is pressed forward, however a new gap appears at the front of the wing (and looks much worse than the existing gap IMHO). I don't need to move the leg back and lock it in on my VB since there is enough tension to hold the wing on the leg. I did notice that if the clip was reversed that it would probably be possible to slide the back leg panel (the one near the heel) back to put the peg into the slot and then slide it forward to lock it into place. Maybe it is on backwards and maybe its not. I can't tell for sure.

I want mine now dammit.  When does Tam get his shipment?

no kiddin' :D That's were I'm gettin' mine also. So how many boxes are you gonna open up?

Three. I think. I would like to have one in each mode like you do. :lol: Thinking I will open the other 2 later for a custom or something. Definitely leaving one MISB.

Had them made by the engraving studio where I work during the idle time between christmas and new year's eve last year. You are right, they look real good.

Unfortunatly, I can't get these done anymore.

Aww man, I was about to ask you whether I can get those or not :blink:

Between, is that P-Chan in you avatar?

Had them made by the engraving studio where I work during the idle time between christmas and new year's eve last year. You are right, they look real good.

Unfortunatly, I can't get these done anymore.

Aww man, I was about to ask you whether I can get those or not :blink:

Between, is that P-Chan in you avatar?

Dunno it's just a cute piggy I found on google. Just a reminder of Eugimon's super office get away technique I experimented with this week.

That sucks. Guess I'll have to order my own "custom plaques" someplace. Thanks Montar.

You know,

If you make your design in JPG in a pretty good resolution, most engraving studios will actualy take your file and engrave it on any surface. It's no rocket science I assure you.

waiting for mine!

toonz,

Always wondered... are you that chick posing as your avatar cause if so, I may start hitting on you.

Gawd, you're hawt !!!

gaahhh...

:p

:o

i'm no woman, i'm a man :p:D:lol:

Damn !!!

This place is like a drag queen nest everyone has cute chicks as avatars but deep inside, they're... guys !!!

Aaaaargh....

waiting for mine!

toonz,

Always wondered... are you that chick posing as your avatar cause if so, I may start hitting on you.

Gawd, you're hawt !!!

gaahhh...

:p

:o

i'm no woman, i'm a man :p:D:lol:

Damn !!!

This place is like a drag queen nest everyone has cute chicks as avatars but deep inside, they're... guys !!!

Aaaaargh....

Heh, I guess that means you're into beastiality? :p

I want to see it wrestle a gundam.