Survey: Ten Worst Comic Book/Superhero Movies

areaseven

oh come on, u mean to tell me his voice isnt perfect for beast?? i do believe he is just doing the voice over though, i think beast maybe cgi, i hope not they have done pretty well with out an all cgi character, he may just be in a suit. but honestly i agree with that one, he has the witt, and humor for beast.

oh come on, u mean to tell me his voice isnt perfect for beast?? i do believe he is just doing the voice over though, i think beast maybe cgi, i hope not they have done pretty well with out an all cgi character, he may just be in a suit. but honestly i agree with that one, he has the witt, and humor for beast.

Actually when Vaughn was still the director, they did say it wasn't going to be CG. I thihnk we talked about it in the X3 thread.

MM... Sandman rules... I just reread the whole thing too. It's amazing how he ties everthing back to the first arc.... seems like Gaiman had the whole story mapped out before they even started publishing the very first one.

in last month issue of wizard they did bring it up, but said she was too old pushing like 41 or so, and if they wanted to do a origin story, and start a franchise they needed someone younger, but 20 years ago she would have been perfect

I'd just like to reitterate that the worst comic book movie (and quite possibly the worst film ever) still has to be Batman & Robin. Never before has a film not only shown absolute contempt for anything resembling "subtlety," but it openly flaunted its flaming homosexuality. And I don't mean in a quaint "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" way either. I'm talking about "Party Boy from Jackass bursting into your office and doing pelvic thrusts in your face while you try to compose an email to your department head" kind of gay. It was literally an assualt on all five senses, and if you believe in a sixth sense then this film can probably be blamed for stunting its development. Its the only film that I ever actually felt dirty after watching.

Haha, Party Boy interrupting me while I'm on the phone would be farkin' hilarious. For about 1 second.

Batman & Robin...was that the one where they have nipples? Shudder... :angry:

Has there been any further word on the Wonder woman Movie ?  She seems like a very difficult character to cast.

I heard it was gonna be Jennifer Aniston, god forbid.

Oh come on... She would be great at that.

It should be Jessica Biel. The right age and body for it.

Has there been any further word on the Wonder woman Movie ?  She seems like a very difficult character to cast.

I heard it was gonna be Jennifer Aniston, god forbid.

Oh come on... She would be great at that.

It should be Jessica Biel. The right age and body for it.

I would have to agree. :D

MM... Sandman rules... I just reread the whole thing too. It's amazing how he ties everthing back to the first arc.... seems like Gaiman had the whole story mapped out before they even started publishing the very first one.

The writing was done so well, that it's a very easy one to get into. Neil really has a great talent for writing, and I'm looking forward to getting a Lucifer graphic novel.

MM... Sandman rules... I just reread the whole thing too.  It's amazing how he ties everthing back to the first arc.... seems like Gaiman had the whole story mapped out before they even started publishing the very first one.

The writing was done so well, that it's a very easy one to get into. Neil really has a great talent for writing, and I'm looking forward to getting a Lucifer graphic novel.

Amen. I'd also recommend Death - the High Cost of Living... it's Sandman related and also wonderful. Neil's work on Miraclemand and the original Books of Magic are fantastic too.

Gaiman's books - especially American Gods - are also great.

He's just the best comic writer ever who doesn't happen to be named Alan Moore.

MM... Sandman rules... I just reread the whole thing too.  It's amazing how he ties everthing back to the first arc.... seems like Gaiman had the whole story mapped out before they even started publishing the very first one.

Amen. I'd also recommend Death - the High Cost of Living... it's Sandman related and also wonderful. Neil's work on Miraclemand and the original Books of Magic are fantastic too.

Gaiman's books - especially American Gods - are also great.

He's just the best comic writer ever who doesn't happen to be named Alan Moore.

if you haven't read Endless Nights, you really should. Its a damn fine book. Great stories about each of the Endless. The one about Dream is fantastic, but really they all were.

oh oh oh, i have the worst comic book movie. it was so bad that marvel refused to even give it a straight to dvd release. it was supposed to be their horror/sci-fi movie for last fall, but i guess they saw it and realized that it was utter garbage, more so than daredevil and electra combined, that they said lets just give it to the sci-fi channel and forget that it was ever made. the only big star that i saw was the person who played blanka in the street fighter movie, which in itself one of the worst movies ever made. okay are u ready for it?????????

MANTHING :D

How about Monica Belluci to play wonder woman, the accent might be just a little off, but she definitely has the body for it, she is built a lot like Linda Carter was.

Monica is beautiful, but her caboose is way too huge to fill those star studded tights of Wonder Woman's...

How about Monica Bellucci to play wonder woman, the accent might be just a little off, but she definitely has the body for it, she is built a lot like Lynda Carter was.

Maybe, but I'd rather see Aria Giovanni play Wonder Woman.

Ah yes... I'd like to see Aria as WW... ony if she stays in Paradise Island... lol

I don't know how this chick is, but she can fill out the costume pretty well...

MP1311.jpg

• 2 years later...
Just when you thought you've seen the worst superhero movie...

Damn...as soon as I saw this thread, I thought, "Huh, I wonder if anyone's mentioned Turkish Spiderman yet..."

...and WHOOMP! There it is!

(Turkish Star Wars is better, though. Just barely.)

wow sort of shocked by the list there from 4 years ago....I strongly disagree on many of those shows like Batman Returns, Xmen both accounts, and atleast the first Blade movie I liked, the second and third etc I could of given less of a poo about.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
Seeing that The Punisher never got a sequel but a couple of reboots, how would you rank the three films from best to worst?

I'd try to rank them myself, but I've only seen the Dolph Lundgren version.

I like the Thomas Jane edition-I think you will too. John Travolta is terrible, as usual, but everything else is acceptable. At least, you get a chance to see Rebecca Romjin Stamos be cute...