AKIRA Live-Action Film Director Named

areaseven

nononononoo! Lies! Lieeeeeeeeessssssss!

'Pitof' after the laugh-fest contender to the title of best/worst film ever currently held by Showgirls, should never be allowed near a film studio or camera ever again. He should be made to serve community service rather than be allowed to direct another movie. Does Hollywood hate anime fans? What? Why? <_<

:huh: Ok, so because they run out if ideas they want to crap good things...

:(

that is why i saw we must revolt! <_<

what an idea. you guys can start by not going to these god awful movies. good luck finding an AvP or Catwoman ticket stub at my house.

seriously, this whole "it looks like crap but i'll go see it cuz hally is hot/ because aliens and preds are cool/ because its akira" stuff needs to STOP right now!

hollywood is ruining our cool stuff :(

Ugh....and here I had been hoping that the lack of news we'd heard about this project indicated that it was dead, or at least stuck in development hell. And why remake Akira in the first place? If Otomo was really serious, he'd look into adapting his entire manga as some sort of 10-13 episode miniseries. Doing that would at least make a remake worthwhile.

Ok im elated over the fact that the Chinese are making a live action Intial D. But why the hell can't the americans do anything right? Why not let the japanese handle something liek Akira. I think they would be better at that given the style of films, especially the horror genre, that they produce. and im not jsut talkign about Ring or Grudge.

The world is going to hell

*again puts gun in mouth*

lets hope it might not happen or sumthin'

Edited by MacBoy29

How does that guy show his face anymore, much less actually find work?

Based off what he did to catwoman, I wouldn't be surprized if they make Tetsuo look like Marilin Manson.

:huh:  Ok, so because they run out if ideas they want to crap good things...

:(

that is why i saw we must revolt!  <_<

what an idea. you guys can start by not going to these god awful movies. good luck finding an AvP or Catwoman ticket stub at my house.

seriously, this whole "it looks like crap but i'll go see it cuz hally is hot/ because aliens and preds are cool/ because its akira" stuff needs to STOP right now!

hollywood is ruining our cool stuff :(

Amen to that my brother :)

if you think it is going to suck big time don't go and see it

much less buy it, like the Star Wars DVD set

I'm not a big Akira fan either but I thought they did a great enough job bringing the manga to life with the anime movie. And I'm not one of those, don't make any animes into movies die-hards...

Edited by >EXO<

<_< Let's face it, any mainstream movie based off of a comic book, manga, anime, .......... you know what, forget that. Just about any mainstream movie is going to suck. I am affraid to see if the ever do put togeather a live action Transformers movie, let a lone an Akira one. I know why fans of series that get made into movies go to see them, its becuase they wish that for once someone would accually make a good movie based off of something they love. Unfortunetly, most of the time the movie is crap and the fans end up wanting to kill themselves. Basically it sums up to what has already been said. Hollywood just wants to try and cram everything they think will make them money into their wallet.

On a side note, does anyone accually realise how much money would be saved if Hollywood only chose to make good movies and would accually pass up a movie that have no chance in hell of being good. Case in point, Jerry Bruckheimer. Why is this man still alive? National Treasure you can kiss my ASS!

Jerry Bruckheimer. Why is this man still alive?

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

out of how many movies? blackhawk down was actually good. but even in that he coudn't resist his trademark crazy colored sequence. (the green night time fight)

Jerry B is to movies what Crap is to Horses.

Now Michael Bay on the other hand.....

Anyone here remember the lyrics to "Pearl Harbor Sucks" from Team America?

PEARL HARBOR

Pearl Harbor

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark

when he made Pearl Harbor.

I miss you more than that movie missed the point

and that's a lot girl. And now, now you've gone away

and all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked

and I miss you.

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school.

He was terrible in that film.

I need you more than Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part.

He's way better than Ben Affleck and now,

all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you.

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies.

I guess Pearl Harbor sucked just a little bit more than

I miss you.

FYI, Jerry Bruckheimer doesn't direct movies, he just produces 'em. Black Hawk Down was a Ridley Scott film, through and through, so any comments about "trademarks" should be addressed to him.

Now Michael Bay on the other hand.....

i think you'd besupprised how much affect a producer can have on a movie. they're the money afterall.

I find it incredible to believe that no better directors were hungrier for this project.

Maybe because the better directors know that the world doesn't need a live action version of Akira.

Anymore then we need a live action Evangelion, or Transformers film :rolleyes:

Not really surprising, but you can't compare Bruck's influence on somebody like Ridley Scott to one of his music video hacks like, say...Simon West.

Or say, Tony Scott?

Seems ol' Jerry has had his influences on the family for years...Might be why his name is always at the front of the production.