AKIRA Live-Action Film Director Named

areaseven

If there is so much crappy movies, it's because there's pigeons to go buy a ticket and see them <_<

Ignore these things and save money to buy cool animes, or anything else which is worth your bucks... :)

I am a huge fan of Akira, but couldn't care less about the "live action" version. I look at any movie based on a cartoon as going to be a total piece of dog poo and then if somehow they manage to beat my expectation great. As a purist though I could not and would not ever support such a travesty being put on film by spending my moneyto watch, rent or God forbid buy it.

• 4 weeks later...

What I wanna know is why a animated film is always seen as 'it'd be great as live action'. What's wrong with the animation? I prefer the animation over any live versions. It is it's own medium.

Michealangelo looks soooo much better on film than in person...

Then we get the 'Oh animation is coming so close to looking real' crowd. Polar Express? They're creepy looking animated people.

Oh that scantily clad model would look soooo much better on glossy paper and digitized than in real life...

I guess this makes me a purist huh? :p

There should be a bounty on his head, especially after he directed House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark. We must stop him before he destroys these titles:

Bloodrayne (2005)

Hunter: The Reckoning (2006)

Far Cry (2006)

Ugh....you're right. I actually loved Hunter: the Reckoning....until I met the White Wolf developers at DragonCon this year and found out they were a$$holes. Of course, they didnt like Hunter...so piss on 'em anyway.

Maybe we'll be lucky and one of the Fallen will be a bad guy....but I have this dread feeling that the Apocalyptic Form will either look cheesy or the transformation will be cheesy. <_<

i have real serious doubts that akira will be done live action.

the buzz, and hiring of a director does'nt mean shhhzt.

>>>i personally think hell will freeze over before we see live action akira..

the only thing that will change my mind is some pre-production shots or teaser for the film... <_<

seeing IS beliving...and i'm not seeing shhzt...so ;)

Jerry B is to movies what Crap is to Horses.

Im actually looking forward to the live-action Rifts movie by Jerry.....hopefully he wont screw that up. If the Coalition States have pink uniforms I'll scream.

Get in line, pal. Screaming will be the least of his worries if he does that.

Though I will admit to a great deal of curiosity as to how well they can translate the SAMUS and Glitter Boy onto the big screen.

• 3 years later...