Gadget that EVERYONE needs

Agent ONE

http://www.tvbgone.com/

I don't know if you have ever had this experience, but from time to time I am in a bar or restaurant and I am sitting wtith a female companion, or maybe a group of friends, and we are all enjoying each other's company and the bartender, or some patron ruins everything by turning "the game" on. It is usually some fatass who thinks for some reason, because he watches football he is an athlete. The guy usually screams at the TV while filling his face with beer and fried foods. I hate these fukin people.. That is why I can't wait to get my TV-B-GONE!

Everytime one of these wastes of space starts yelling at a TV, I am just going to shut the thing off. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

sounds neato....i wonder how many people are going to piss each other off? and forget about the adults, i'm talking about the kids especially ones with brothers and sisters..."if you ain't watching what i'm watching, you ain't watching nothing"...."oh wait, this is the best part of the movie.....CLICK!" :lol:

uh that idea is rather old. But novel. back in middle school (about 12 years ago) I got my parents to buy me one of those Casio universal Remote watches. I could program the watch (using these codes form the manual) to control basic functions of TVs and VCRs. In class I would rewind, stop, turnoff the TV or VCR. it drove the teachers crazy until this jerkoff tattled on me.

heh heh, i used to have a Casio watch that was a tv/vcr remote. i had so much fun with that thing, it broke in a fight, and the judge wouldn't make the perp pay for a new watch, told me i shouldn't be wearing fancy watches at work, so i started wearing an old 19.99 Casio watch, and it's all scratched up, but it won't break. go figure.

wonder if this guy with tv-b-gone will get stinking rich like the telezapper dude.

wonder if this guy with tv-b-gone will get stinking rich like the telezapper dude.

probably....

i actually met the son of the guy who invented child safety lighters the other day, one of my GF's is dating him. its friggin retarded how some people get rich. :blink:

I still have my Casio RC watch and I cause havoc with it on a daily basis. :D I've had this thing for something like 10 years and my step-dad still hasn't figured out why his TV only messes up when I'm around.:ph34r: I do feel like a dork when I wear it though. It's a big plastic digital watch after all. :(

Sorry guys but that seems pretty stupid to me. I can see the fun factor in doing it to people who you know or for kids at school (until they get caught and are out $15 when the teacher confiscates it), but why are you in a sports bar in the first place if the TV will bother you? :rolleyes:

Not worth the money IMHO.

It isn't sports bars where I get pissed. I never mentioned sports bars.

How about a place like Mortons. Great steak place. Its also a nice restaurant, usually quite enought so the girl who is lucky enough to be with Agent ONE for the evening can listen to my soothing voice... only to be interupted by some a$$hole who is screaming at the TV across the restaurant. So the whole place is interupted so this lardass can tell Jerry Rice what he is doing wrong... :rolleyes:

It isn't sports bars where I get pissed. I never mentioned sports bars.

How about a place like Mortons. Great steak place. Its also a nice restaurant, usually quite enought so the girl who is lucky enough to be with Agent ONE for the evening can listen to my soothing voice... only to be interupted by some a$$hole who is screaming at the TV across the restaurant. So the whole place is interupted so this lardass can tell Jerry Rice what he is doing wrong... :rolleyes:

well you could just go over to the fat dude and tell him to shut it and felex your muscles for him. :D one look at those "guns" and he'll be quiet. :lol:

It isn't sports bars where I get pissed.  I never mentioned sports bars.

How about a place like Mortons.  Great steak place.  Its also a nice restaurant, usually quite enought so the girl who is lucky enough to be with Agent ONE for the evening can listen to my soothing voice... only to be interupted by some a$$hole who is screaming at the TV across the restaurant.  So the whole place is interupted so this lardass can tell Jerry Rice what he is doing wrong...  :rolleyes:

well you could just go over to the fat dude and tell him to shut it and felex your muscles for him. :D one look at those "guns" and he'll be quiet. :lol:

Thats the real problem with fatass sports fans... They think they are athletes. I maybe a lean 6ft, lean 220, but they see themselves as similar to me, where they maybe a fat 190. Probelm is you tell one of these guys to "shut the fuk up," and they imediately want to fight. I don't mind cracking skulls or anything, but I don't care for run-ins with the law.

Besides as I mentioned in the scenario in my last post, the fat retard yelling at the TV can make a perfect evening a little less perfect but it still ends with Agent ONE giving the WANG to the lucky girl of the evening. A fist fight evening ends with me in a holding cell and the poor girl with no Agent ONE to enjoy. :(

heh heh, i used to have a Casio watch that was a tv/vcr remote. i had so much fun with that thing, it broke in a fight, and the judge wouldn't make the perp pay for a new watch, told me i shouldn't be wearing fancy watches at work, so i started wearing an old 19.99 Casio watch, and it's all scratched up, but it won't break. go figure.

he considered a 100 dollar watch "fancy" boy Ihate to see what he would think of a rolex. and those are jsut for middle class. Patek Phillipe watches can go for 50k or more.

How about a place like Mortons.  Great steak place.  Its also a nice restaurant,

nice restaurants usually do not have a tv. in the future you should pick places where they do not have a TV.

Out shopping all day with the GF in Downtown SF, starving... Name another good place close to the corner of Mason and Sutter that has a good steak.

You need to realize that I am more important than everyone else, therefore everywhere needs to change to fit MY needs. :lol:

It isn't sports bars where I get pissed.  I never mentioned sports bars.

How about a place like Mortons.  Great steak place.  Its also a nice restaurant, usually quite enought so the girl who is lucky enough to be with Agent ONE for the evening can listen to my soothing voice... only to be interupted by some a$$hole who is screaming at the TV across the restaurant.  So the whole place is interupted so this lardass can tell Jerry Rice what he is doing wrong...  :rolleyes:

Thats the real problem with fatass sports fans... They think they are athletes. I maybe a lean 6ft, lean 220, but they see themselves as similar to me, where they maybe a fat 190. Probelm is you tell one of these guys to "shut the fuk up," and they imediately want to fight. I don't mind cracking skulls or anything, but I don't care for run-ins with the law.

Besides as I mentioned in the scenario in my last post, the fat retard yelling at the TV can make a perfect evening a little less perfect but it still ends with Agent ONE giving the WANG to the lucky girl of the evening. A fist fight evening ends with me in a holding cell and the poor girl with no Agent ONE to enjoy. :(

Hey you should watch the skull cracking. haha I played Pool with a friend of mine and a friend of his, who i have never met b4, was there too. He had a upsidedown U shapped scar on the side of his skull. I asked politely what happened and he chuckled.

In New Orleans, he tried to stop a bar fight. Got hit int he head by a bottle, then while on the floor was kicked in the head multiple times. He had multiple fractures of the skull, went into a coma for a while like 3 weeks or something.

exactly...why go to a sports bar if your not there to watch sports on the TV....

To be perfectly honest, I have little to no interest in sports. The only sport I've watched for more than a few minutes on TV was golf. I do occasionally enjoy a sports-related videogame (the ESPN 2K5 hockey and football are both nice, and Tiger Woods kicks ass). I have no idea when the seasons start or end for any of my local sports teams, nor do I know how they fare in the rankings. The only reason I can name any players on my local football team is because I live about 15 minutes from where the Pittsburgh Steelers have their training camp, so occasionally they shop at the mall where I work (as a matter of fact, at least one of them will buy the new Madden every year).

That said, I like hanging out with my buds at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, and Sharky's has pretty good food, so I like to go there too. We don't give a damn about any of the games on... we like to play the trivia games with those keypad thingies. Good times.

exactly...why go to a sports bar if your not there to watch sports on the TV....

To be perfectly honest, I have little to no interest in sports....

Its the guys that don't respect the fact that you have this feeling that warant this device.

When rugby is on, I love to watch. I played Division 1 rugby, so I can't really help but watching. But I don't have to ruin everyone's evening when I go to a pub to watch a game.

ahahah it remembers me one guy who was in college with me, in the religion course the teacher often used the TV and this guy had a RC and changed channel and the teacher got crazy because of this :D there was often problems to see course on tapes

it's sure it must be funny in bar, it must also be funny in hi-fi shop or everywhere they have some tv.

Imagine in a final of a championship, it's almost the end, and BOOM : no tv

or during the penalty in soccer ahahah :rolleyes:

A friend of mine used to have a device , in which there was a wire attached to a tape recorder. While on the bus he would tap the wire onto any part of the bus that was metal, turn a few dials to zoom into whatever radio station was playing on the bus at the time, and press play on the tape recorder and whatever was on the tape recorder would play in place of the station.

oh good times..

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65392,00.html in case you can't get into the link at the top of the thread.

As soon as these things become common, TV's will just start incorporating a code as part of the IR signal. So the cost of manufacturing a TV will increase marginally, and you'll still have to watch somebody else's favorite show.

I'd rather see loud-ass-car-stereo-b-gone, blaring-car-alarm-b-gone, fat-mother-yelling-at-her-kids-and-hitting-them-in-the-mall-b-gone...but seriously the real answer is (a) respect the rules set by the owner when you're enjoying yourself on private property (b) have reasonable enforcement of disturbing-the-peace laws in public (.c) if you want a quiet atmosphere, it can always be had if you're willing to pay for it. Here are some other options (and it might be worth mentioning to the proprietor why you're taking your business elsewhere):

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/best/results/8515/

Edited by ewilen

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65392,00.html in case you can't get into the link at the top of the thread.

As soon as these things become common, TV's will just start incorporating a code as part of the IR signal. So the cost of manufacturing a TV will increase marginally, and you'll still have to watch somebody else's favorite show.

I'd rather see loud-ass-car-stereo-b-gone, blaring-car-alarm-b-gone, fat-mother-yelling-at-her-kids-and-hitting-them-in-the-mall-b-gone...but seriously the real answer is (a) respect the rules set by the owner when you're enjoying yourself on private property (b) have reasonable enforcement of disturbing-the-peace laws in public (.c) if you want a quiet atmosphere, it can always be had if you're willing to pay for it. Here are some other options (and it might be worth mentioning to the proprietor why you're taking your business elsewhere):

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/best/results/8515/

HAHAHA!

Good post.

I would like to see those *enter annoying sh!t here*-be-gone things also.

None of those steak houses are particularly near where I usually am around dinner time. When I am in the Marina there is Izzie's but if I am in Union Square, Morton's is the only place.

I would like to see those *enter annoying sh!t here*-be-gone things also.

Does that mean I can get rid of you? :p

-NOS

It was there, I took it.

Intimidated by my biceps huh?... I don't blame you, sometimes they scare even me.

Intimidated by my biceps huh?... I don't blame you, sometimes they scare even me.

lol *sigh* yep... if you're anything like me, every morning in front of the mirror is like a trip to the gunshow...... :ph34r:

Edited by Skull Leader