STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

Personally, the title says Ep. III ***PICS*** so some spoilerish pics are to be expected, but I don't consider anything shown so far to be too spoilerish. If you don't want to risk seeing pics DON'T OPEN THE THREAD people. All you've done lately Duke is bitch and it's getting annoying. No offence though.

Palpatine running Windu through with a lightsaber would be spoilerish.

So then you go forward and post a spoiler that I and probably several other readers here didn't know. You dumb piece of sh!t. You should be banned just for being a complete and utter toolbag.

When Max said, Don't post spoilers here. TheForce.net has a forum dedicated to that so people that can't live w/o spoilers can go there., WTF part of that didn't your small mind understand?

Jackass, thanks for posting the spoiler without warning.

So she's lying on a bed (wherever the scene takes place). It's a scne we all know is in there, i.e. common knowledge. The pic where Yoda and Obi-wan are walking in the great hall with all the bodies strewn around was a lot more revealing and no one bitched about that one.

Personally, the title says Ep. III ***PICS*** so some spoilerish pics are to be expected, but I don't consider anything shown so far to be too spoilerish. If you don't want to risk seeing pics DON'T OPEN THE THREAD people. All you've done lately Duke is bitch and it's getting annoying. No offence though.

Anubis,

Do me a favor and just humor The Duke and the Mods and just follow the rules. You may dissagree but there are pleanty of other places on the web where you can discuss spoilers.

Personally, the title says Ep. III ***PICS*** so some spoilerish pics are to be expected, but I don't consider anything shown so far to be too spoilerish.  If you don't want to risk seeing pics DON'T OPEN THE THREAD people.  All you've done lately Duke is bitch and it's getting annoying.  No offence though.

So then you go forward and post a spoiler that I and probably several other readers here didn't know. You dumb piece of sh!t. You should be banned just for being a complete and utter toolbag.

When Max said, Don't post spoilers here. TheForce.net has a forum dedicated to that so people that can't live w/o spoilers can go there., WTF part of that didn't your small mind understand?

I was making a generalization. There is nothing conclusive that shows yet wether Palpatine runs Windu though.

I was merely saying a pic of something like that would be indeed spoilerish, because no one knows the dynamics of Windu's eventual fight, and who kills him in the end. The previous pic of padme reveals nothing and didn't warrant your whining about it. Again. If I see something that bad, or Anakin's actual end of something like that, I'll complain as well, but there isn't anything that bad anymore since the Dooku missing parts pics.

You sir are bordering drama queen status.

I fixed my post from before so that there won't be anymore confusion as to what was trying to say.

Edited by Anubis

Personally, the title says Ep. III ***PICS*** so some spoilerish pics are to be expected, but I don't consider anything shown so far to be too spoilerish.  If you don't want to risk seeing pics DON'T OPEN THE THREAD people.  All you've done lately Duke is bitch and it's getting annoying.  No offence though.

I was making a generalization. There is nothing conclusive that shows yet wether Palpatine runs Windu though.

I was merely saying a pic of something like that would be indeed spoilerish, because no one knows the dynamics of Windu's eventual fight, and who kills him in the end. The previous pic of padme reveals nothing and didn't warrant your whining about it. Again. If I see something that bad, or Anakin's actual end of something like that, I'll complain as well, but there isn't anything that bad anymore since the Dooku missing parts pics.

I fixed my post from before so that there won't be anymore confusion as to what was trying to say.

Drama Queen!?

The people who don't want the movie spoiled for them REALLY DON'T WANT THE MOVIE SPOILED! You disregarded this.

I personally think the mods should take away your posting rights for this for a few weeks.

Drama Queen!?

The people who don't want the movie spoiled for them REALLY DON'T WANT THE MOVIE SPOILED! You disregarded this.

I personally think the mods should take away your posting rights for this for a few weeks.

I DID NOT SPOIL THE GODDAM MOVIE. I merely made a statement, I guess poorly worded at first, tht may have looked like a spoiler to some. I'm sorry if there was any confusion. I fixed my statement from before so there's no more confusion. And I will say it again: There is NO INFO ON WINDU'S FIGHT. My statement was a generalization as to something that would be a spoiler if someone showed a pic of Windu's end WHICH DOES NOT EXIST, and done so only to compare against a harmless Padme pic, that I did not post anyway.

I disregarded nothing.

Geez. Taking a pebble and making a mountain out of it. <_<

Edited by Anubis

Different things spoil things for different people.

I myself think that a good deal of the things I've seen in here are not really "spoilers" per se but there are a few items that I would consider to me to be spoilers. Those items differ from person to person so this whole subject in and of itself is a touchy one. And it's not like you can take back an inadvertant look at a picture...

... so perhaps the underlying tone of this thread might be "BE FOREWARNED".

Or perhaps in the sake of retaining any further "spoilers" we might just want to limit things posted to "art shots" like the Bail Organa costume shot and such. Those things really don't spoil anything if you ask me... but then again they still could in the minds of some people.

Maybe we should just start another thread that is clearly labeled SPOILERS AHEAD, and this one can be left to non-spoiler shots and news. Anyone dropping spoilers or spoiler related questions into this thread would get a free weekned off of the boards. Just my $.02.

I guess you could try that out.

Good idea.. now it will be my own damn fault and no one else's.

So as far as what constitutes a 'spoilerish' picture it will have to be down to the judgement of the poster.. too much power.. :unsure:

Easiest way to not see a spoiler is to just not look at the damn thread. It's a stupid movie, we know most of what happens anyways, get over it.

How about you just do what the mods say, which is DON'T POST SPOILERS.

Easiest way to not see a spoiler is to just not look at the damn thread. It's a stupid movie, we know most of what happens anyways, get over it.

How about you just do what the mods say, which is DON'T POST SPOILERS.

Because it's a public forum and there's always going to be peopel who don't follow the rules? That's life, bud.

Couple things...

I'd argue that Jump to Lightspeed IS as good a simulator as the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games were. That is to say, not anything close to Falcon 4.0 levels... but far above the Rogue Squadron type games.

The missions DO get tedious, but there's always PvP... and you don't HAVE TO do the missions. You can fly around and engage the stuff you want... or go to Deep Space and take your chances...

Seeing that JTL just came out, I think this time next year it should be pretty damned good.

And I despise the "grind" nature of the regular SWG, too. These days all I do is fly in my Y-wing or X-wing... as a casual player it took me a month to get to the X-Wing... my more hardcore friend got there in 10 days and he's almost done with Tier 4 starfighter (A-wing and thence the B-wing, and multiplayer ships (Firespray and Nova Courier).

As far as the spoilers, quit your bitching Duke. There hasn't been anything close to a spoiler that would've set off any working sarcasm detectors. That said, given that Max is indicating he'll allow a SPOILERS thread, someone posting pics and not just enjoying them should start one (or someone like the Duke, afraid of spoilers), though the idea of there being anything worth spoiling in Ep3 seems ludicrous to me (barring the idea that Obi-wan could be the father of the twins, etc etc). At least as long as it's not gonna get locked with instructions to come this thread.

Edited by Uxi

As far as the spoilers, quit your bitching Duke. There hasn't been anything close to a spoiler that would've set off any working sarcasm detectors. That said, given that Max is indicating he'll allow a SPOILERS thread, someone posting pics and not just enjoying them should start one (or someone like the Duke, afraid of spoilers), though the idea of there being anything worth spoiling in Ep3 seems ludicrous to me (barring the idea that Obi-wan could be the father of the twins, etc etc). At least as long as it's not gonna get locked with instructions to come this thread.

Yeah, I guess posting a picture with Dooku with both hands chopped off with Anakin standing before him wasn't a spoiler or anything.

And excuse me and the others who don't want the movie experience ruined for them. Standing orders are no spoilers in this thread that aren't common knowledge. Anybody has a problem with that, go to the other thread.

:lol: Ye gods! What humor is this! The duke and earl and all their doorknob fetishist friends playing russian roulette with a thread purporting to contain images from a movie not yet released. And when they happen to see something they think they oughtn't, it's all, "My eyes! It burns--it burns so bad! Whyfore, knave, have you left this bucket of acid here, and this eyedropper there? Did you not know that it would cause me to dropper acid into mine own eyes?! Egad, what naughty rapscallions you all are!"

Could such evils ruin the life of a fanboy? *shiver*

Trick question, of course. But the whiners would never know why. :p

As far as the spoilers, quit your bitching Duke.  There hasn't been anything close to a spoiler that would've set off any working sarcasm detectors.  That said, given that Max is indicating he'll allow a SPOILERS thread, someone posting pics and not just enjoying them should start one (or someone like the Duke, afraid of spoilers), though the idea of there being anything worth spoiling in Ep3 seems ludicrous to me (barring the idea that Obi-wan could be the father of the twins, etc etc).  At least as long as it's not gonna get locked with instructions to come this thread.

Yeah, I guess posting a picture with Dooku with both hands chopped off with Anakin standing before him wasn't a spoiler or anything.

And excuse me and the others who don't want the movie experience ruined for them. Standing orders are no spoilers in this thread that aren't common knowledge. Anybody has a problem with that, go to the other thread.

The only question I have is what is "common knowledge"? It's only a somewhat dumb question.

I knew coming into this thread I was going to have parts of the movie spoiled. I had no idea who General Grevous was, didn't know any ship types, etc. In fact, I didn't even know Dooku was even in the movie. Since my lack of common knowledge is probably a lot more common, this thread is just one big spoiler. The only real "common knowledge" is that Anakin becomes Vader at some point in the film.

Fortunately, now there is a separate thread that you won't complain anymore. But I think your understanding of what "everyone" knows is a little skewed.

:lol: Ye gods! What humor is this! The duke and earl and all their doorknob fetishist friends playing russian roulette with a thread purporting to contain images from a movie not yet released. And when they happen to see something they think they oughtn't, it's all, "My eyes! It burns--it burns so bad! Whyfore, knave, have you left this bucket of acid here, and this eyedropper there? Did you not know that it would cause me to dropper acid into mine own eyes?! Egad, what naughty rapscallions you all are!"

Could such evils ruin the life of a fanboy? *shiver*

Trick question, of course. But the whiners would never know why. :p

cold...yes, but too the point i should say :ph34r:

You know, given the nature of that pic, I wouldn't think it's really a spoiler. That look like it could be a maternity bed to anyone else? If that's considered a spoiler, I think we need to redefine the word spoiler, but I'll edit that out if anyone asks.

Remember, non-spoiler here, if you've seen ROTJ.. Leia remembered her real mother somewhat. Memories kick in somewhere around age 2-3, I think, so unless they do a huge flash forward, that's not what it looks like. I could be entirely wrong, but I personally don't think there is enough to that picture to tell whether it's a spoiler or not. Just my opinion though, and keeping any possible spoilers separate is probably a good idea.

I consider it a spoiler as it shows a critical plot point, where padme is (probably) dying. And this is my own conjecture but it looks like obiwan is above her, suggesting to me that anakin finds them and that makes him lose the plot and hate obi, thinking he was responsible.

Once again, just me making stuff up looking at the pic, but it's enough to do myself spoiling harm. So I am testing my will power now and avoiding the spoiler thread. I will probably last 3 days. .

edit - then again, she could be about to give birth and that could be Bail Organa. Actually that makes me feel better. That's probably what it is.

Edited by Guppy

The irony is, in listing examples of what might be spoilers, and more specifically why-- I'd just had a few things spoiled for me because I was fortunate enough to miss those pictures many pages back, or had merely glanced at them while trying not to think too hard. Ah well.

-Al

On the set of SW:Ep 3 (Joke)

My favorite part, though I'll edit out the colorful words:

Boier flings himself from his seat. "You want to know how to fix Darth Vader's cape, George?" He grabs a black overcoat from a nearby coat tree. "Watch," he says, tying the sleeves around his neck and clutching at the coat tails, causing them to swish around.

"There. It's f*****g magic," he spits. "A sane man doesn't drop 400 million dollars on CGI effects when he could spend six dollars for black cape material at Wal-Mart, George!"

Lucas narrows his eyes and spits a large wad of phlegm onto the carpet. "You want to join the ex-writing staff out on the streets, Tom? Gargling t****cles for cans of pork and beans? I'm the alpha male! Make me a cape, you son of a *****!" Lucas undoes his fly and prepares to urinate on Tom's desk. I decide to interrupt in an attempt to diffuse the situation. "Mr. Lucas?" I ask. "I'm here for the writing—"

"Around here, you call me Darth Jesus," he interrupts. Lucas wheels around and staggers out of the room, and I follow.