HLJ pics from Tokyo Hobby Show

Guppy

It looks like Maschinen Krieger, an early 80's photo series that ran in Hobby Japan which has recently spawned a lot of toys. You can get little gashapon type toys pretty cheap which are really cool, so long as you don't care about not much articulation.

http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/

http://www.trooperpx.com/AFS/AFS08.html

Is that Akuyaku tank from an anime or manga, or just a one-off that Miyazaki came up with? I found other pics on the net which show that the figures are anthropomorphic pigs (shades of Porco Rosso, but I know there aren't any pig people in that one other than the main character).

What's with the Wing 0? Is that a toy or is that another MG that they are releasing again?

that is the Master Grade version of the Wing Gundam Zero Custom it is coming out in the next month or 2, it is mainly the body of the Wing Zero Ver Ka. they already released but with the OVA color scheme and the new parts for the wings and the weapons as well as a display stand, looks like a great kit. To bad the HLJ pics do not really show anything that we have not already seen on this site.

Whoa. I might pick up that set of Yamato ships.  B))

Gotta love all the Gundamn goodness too.

;) I was thinking the same thing too. The nice thing about those Yamato models is there is a wide variety and they are cheap. Hopefully, this is a sign of more re-issues.

Starbug! With Mini-Rimmer! Who knew Red Dwarf was even known in Japan?

http://www.hlj.com/showreports/ths04/scifi...os07331-01.html

David where have you been!?!? The Small Rouge one is HUGE in Nihon...

They even Made a 2 volume set of all 8 Seasons dubed in Japanese. Sans Special Features just the Eps Bare Bones

That toy Bug was NOT made by the Japanese just on Display was orginally released last year but was pushed back. KInda like teh old school Micro Machine PLaysets with real working lights and sound and a firing scouter

Actually I have been quite out of the loop as of late, when it comes to Red Dwarf. I mean, I live in Iowa, it's amazing they air it at all. Occasionally. Out of order. In the summer.

I knew Trek was big in Japan, but I really wondered if the humor of Red Dwarf would carry over well. (Trek has little/no humor, no translation worries--fake technobabble is fake technobabble in any language)

Edited by David Hingtgen

That 1/48 scale airwolf would look pretty kewl next to my valks! I wonder if they voyager's warp nacelles will have movement so you can display it in warp flight? :unsure:

Claims are they will be, but nobody knows if they'll be movable at whim or that you have to build them in the final position you them like all the other Voyager model kits.

Actually I have been quite out of the loop as of late, when it comes to Red Dwarf. I mean, I live in Iowa, it's amazing they air it at all. Occasionally. Out of order. In the summer.

I knew Trek was big in Japan, but I really wondered if the humor of Red Dwarf would carry over well. (Trek has little/no humor, no translation worries--fake technobabble is fake technobabble in any language)

dude there is a little invention Called DVD Im in LA they stoped showing Dwarf here Years ago I orded the British DVD from AMAzon uk you dont even have to do that they are in the US region 1

Mmmmm, the VF-0D loox so good, can't wait. And what do they mean "second release" of the Temijin from Hasegawa? Wasn't the first release the Temijin??? Or is this just a recolor????

yea i believe there is a recolor coming out it is a white and tan color if i recall.

And what do they mean "second release" of the Temijin from Hasegawa? Wasn't the first release the Temijin??? Or is this just a recolor????

This is the first one. Good lord, just look at all those decals. You would have to include this in your will stating your great-great-grandchildren have to finish it.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?HSGVR1

It looks like the "Xmas tree" guy from the Running Man film.. way too flashy for my tastes.

(note: I accidentally posted this in the MPC thread cuz I am retarded! lol)

yea the Strike is going to rock when it comes out, if i get the Virtual On kit i am definetly not going to paint it the way they have it way to many freekin colors, the decals look like they will drive even a pro insane within a couple of minutes i will probbly give it a completly different color scheme and keep it down to abour 3 or 4 colors at most like a Gundam, does anyone know how big these are ? are they comparable to a MG in size???