1/48 VF-1S Roy returning in Dec?

bandit29

i agree with kensei. i think that laughing at those cats that paid $200 bucks is f'ed up and bitchmade. especially since a lot of members were telling other people to get them while they could because they couldn't be certain they would be available later. i'm not saying that the same cats that were advising folks to get the valks while they could are the same folks laughing at the people that paid more. but, for a group of people that pride themselves on being a tight knit group and on helping out its members to make some of their own feel stupid about something is bullsh*t. i'm relatively new here....and i've got to say that there have been a lot of people on here (haterist, rohby, sithlord, tom64ss) who have been a great help to me and i can't thank them enough. maybe that's why i'm so heated about this. i was treated with a great deal of kindness and patience (i've asked some pretty stupid questions so far...with more to come, i'm sure). they didn't laugh at my misfortunes....in fact. they were there to help me in my time of need (rohby, like i said, you're a lifesaver). i appreciate how i've been treated, so i take exception when i hear people making fun of other member's misfortunes. you wanna roast me on it? it's all good. i'm right here. but, just because i'm new doesn't mean that i don't have the right to call folks out for being cruel.

Ri

Hey Hey! that's pretty sweet. I was just wishing the other day that I had a v2 Roy. Now I can just pick me up a v3. Maybe a couple! I'm sure some certain vendors on Ebay want be to happy with this news. :):):)

Come to think of It I'm going to buy a case this time around :D

Edited by scand

I remember I was one of the guys telling everyone to snag the 1/48s as fast as you can. In fact, I posted that on my website a long time ago when I was blowing them out at normal prices.

The price of the absolute last Re-issue 1S Valk I sold ~ 2 weeks ago? Same price as the first one I sold.

There were a lot of us out there helping the community without resorting to any gouging even when supplies were limited such as Tam, Kevin, and Toy Wave. For those who paid an arm and a leg, well, we can say they either were noobs or were not able to finance the 1S when they wanted to, but had to fork out recently to not miss out.

In either case, I don't see them as losing cuz the 1S is still THE Valkyrie to get. Personally, the Yamato 1S is worth more to ME than an original mint 1/55 Takatoku. It just depends on what you like so theres no point in ribbing those guys.

Bottomline: They have one of the best toy iterations of Roy's VF-1S, perhaps even the BEST currently available. Period.

I'm glad there's now a possible 3rd wave so I can buy back a few for myself. :D I guess it paid off to not gouge my fellow MW'ers. Enjoying that brand spanking new Strike VF-1S Tank? :p

I just wish Yamato would use the newer pilot sculpt from Hikaru's VF-1S instead of that ugly first version.

i agree with kensei. i think that laughing at those cats that paid $200 bucks is f'ed up and bitchmade. especially since a lot of members were telling other people to get them while they could because they couldn't be certain they would be available later. i'm not saying that the same cats that were advising folks to get the valks while they could are the same folks laughing at the people that paid more. but, for a group of people that pride themselves on being a tight knit group and on helping out its members to make some of their own feel stupid about something is bullsh*t. i'm relatively new here....and i've got to say that there have been a lot of people on here (haterist, rohby, sithlord, tom64ss) who have been a great help to me and i can't thank them enough. maybe that's why i'm so heated about this. i was treated with a great deal of kindness and patience (i've asked some pretty stupid questions so far...with more to come, i'm sure). they didn't laugh at my misfortunes....in fact. they were there to help me in my time of need (rohby, like i said, you're a lifesaver). i appreciate how i've been treated, so i take exception when i hear people making fun of other member's misfortunes. you wanna roast me on it? it's all good. i'm right here. but, just because i'm new doesn't mean that i don't have the right to call folks out for being cruel.

Ri

That's what I really wanted to say. I don't know about everyone else, but it's not as if money is getting any easier to earn nowadays. <_< I just hope the Australian economy holds up. I bought my 1/48 Max's when the Aussie dollar was at .67 of the USD. That was screwed. But luckily, Toy-man's huge discounts went a long way to ease the pain.

If I were a dealer, my conscience would not let me jack up the price the way tisinc did. I would never do that to anyone. That is why I will only ever buy from Toy-wave, Neova, Kevin and Tamim. But then again, it's not my call.

I am really glad that the Roy's have been rereleased. The end is in sight for me with the 1/48 line if they don't make the two seaters. I just hope the 1A's get released as well, so Neova can make a few customs for me.

meh, not laughing at anyone in particular... actually, I'm more laughing WITH them than anything... because you can just see the expressions on people's faces when they read this after shelling out $200+ clams just to get a Roy. It's happened to me more times than I can count (read: Low Vis, Bandai re-issues, etc), so I can sympathize and laugh at the same time.

I may use this opportunity to pick up a spare Roy or two, I can always find reasons for more :)

i was one of the many people who said to buy them while you can.

i'm no fortune teller, so how was i, or anyone else for that matter, going to know they were going to be re-released?

i'm shocked about the whole thing since most toy companies wait a while before re-releasing anything. yamato waited 2 years 3 at best to bring this sucker back....thats just weird to me and very unorthodox(sp?) for a toy company to do after such a short period of time.

no laughing here, no matter how you slice it, this hobby holds people wallets hostage from the get go. $200 is nothing compared what some members ahve paid for stuff, only to find the price drop 10 fold. unfortuantely, thats just a part of collecting. :)

That's good news. Makes me wanna shout "HBAR!" to everyone I see today.

I hope not too many people got burned in the price raising in the interim. If you did, may I suggest hitting eBay now and hope the news hasn't travelled fast yet? You could probably still sell one for a pretty high price and recoup some of your losses.

I still think it would be kickass if they'd rereleased with FAST/Strike packs.

Gee who would have thought my laziness(in not deleting HBAR) would have turned into MW jargon lol

I'm not too surprised Yamato is rereleasing the VF-1S. Yamato is out to make a quick buck. At least those who missed out can get one for MSRP instead of the jacked up BS prices on ebay or tisinc.

I dunno if I'll buy another, my interest in all things Macross is kinda low.

Edited by dejr8bud

I'm glad there's now a possible 3rd wave so I can buy back a few for myself. :D I guess it paid off to not gouge my fellow MW'ers. Enjoying that brand spanking new Strike VF-1S Tank? :p

I just wish Yamato would use the newer pilot sculpt from Hikaru's VF-1S instead of that ugly first version.

hehe Yep it really paid off :D Anyway for anyone thats new here Please support his store. :D his the best :D Anyway thanks again for everything. :)

Oh by the way when the roy vf comes out and the pilot is soft and rubbery anyone here care to trade or to sell it? :):D;)

Edited by tank

YAMATO, ^^^ read this! ^^^

Wow.. Well, that just made my day. :D Couple weeks ago, I was thinking "Man I wish I'd bought a Roy -1S while I had the chance." My one and only 1/48th is a -1J Hikaru wth fast-packs, and it's kinda lonely... Besides, this'll give me an excuse to buy a set of strike armor. :lol: Very good news indeed.. maybe if I get a good price I'll buy two and customize one.. although, I think I lack the guts to try that.

HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR!!!!!!

i was one of the many people who said to buy them while you can.

i'm no fortune teller, so how was i, or anyone else for that matter, going to know they were going to be re-released?

i'm shocked about the whole thing since most toy companies wait a while before re-releasing anything. yamato waited 2 years 3 at best to bring this sucker back....thats just weird to me and very unorthodox(sp?) for a toy company to do after such a short period of time.

no laughing here, no matter how you slice it, this hobby holds people wallets hostage from the get go. $200 is nothing compared what some members ahve paid for stuff, only to find the price drop 10 fold. unfortuantely, thats just a part of collecting. :)

For people such as yourself, you were just offering the best advice at the time. You are not to blame for anything. For those people that did get the Roy for 200+, its just a shame.

I bought the majority of my valks from TISINC maybe nine 1/48s and about the same in

1/60. I have also bought from Kevin and Soze and Neova (Neova gave me a killer price on the Roy VF 1S + Strike pack as recently as a month ago).

In defense of TISINC for people in SoCal they have a booth at Frank and Sons and when the valks are new they had the lowest prices around. I bought two low viz Valks for $125 and $135 (which I grumbled about because they raised the price $10 a few months later)

So my experience has been fantastic with them. I always buy the valks new and do not wait until they are getting low in supply.

TISINC and Frank and Sons has been a dream for me. Plus they have the valks there 1 week after they come out in Japan. Sure there prices are high now but when items are new they are great.

I am from NYC and all Anime stores there charge a premium so this is a welcome change.

HBAR!

edited for lack of HBAR

Edited by hirohawa

So some of us have a problem with capitalism now? First off, it's not the fault of the vendor for the lack of initiative that those collector's showed in buying their 1S's. You snooze, you lose. Secondly, what's wrong with making a profit? A low supply creating a high demand and then finally an opportunity to make a good profit (for both Tisinc AND Yamato) is what modern economics is all about folks...

Jesus, this ain't a charity drive. Should these 1S's be given away then?

So some of us have a problem with capitalism now? First off, it's not the fault of the vendor for the lack of initiative that those collector's showed in buying their 1S's. You snooze, you lose. Secondly, what's wrong with making a profit? A low supply creating a high demand and then finally an opportunity to make a good profit (for both Tisinc AND Yamato) is what modern economics is all about folks...

Jesus, this ain't a charity drive. Should these 1S's be given away then?

No problem with it. :) Seems like you got an opinion too. That's fine.

What I hate though, is that they put previously $300.00 now sale price $275.00. As if anyone would believe that :rolleyes: . But, it's not against the law and they'll be able to give you ashifty reason of why they are doing that. :rolleyes:

There's a big difference between being fair and giving 1/48s away.

Is HBAR a good thing or a bad thing?

I will always take HBAR as a good thing as it brought with it the reissue Roys.

Bulky Lee says "HBAR!"

Heh :huh: I don't even know what HBAR is. Care to explain anyone?

I hope not too many people got burned in the price raising in the interim. If you did, may I suggest hitting eBay now and hope the news hasn't travelled fast yet? You could probably still sell one for a pretty high price and recoup some of your losses.

I would think you can still catch a few people out. Maybe some of the Robotechies who don't know too much about Yamato.

Releasing it with FAST Packs would be sweet. Also, it would be a nice change.

:blink: More 1/48 Roys?!w00t.gif

Happy days are here again!! :lol:

Damn, :ph34r: I'm sure glad that I waited, and absolutely refused to pay that outlandish, gouging HBAR price!! :angry:

Now I can get my very first 1/48 Roy!! B)):D

HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR HBAR!!!! :lol:

Neova and Haterist.....if it seemed like I was getting on you for advising people to get the 1Ss while people could, I'm sorry. That is in no way what I was trying to say. As Kensei said (we seem to be agreeing on a lot, eh....sounds like a future ally to me :p ), you were offering the best advice at the time. In fact...I agreed with you. You were both trying to HELP people with your advice. In no way was I trying to imply that either one of you were treating anybody wrongly. Haterist....you were the cat that helped answer my first stupid question....and, Neova....while I've never (yet) had the opportunity to do business with you (I was going to grab one of the super 1/48 1Js, but you'd just sold out :( ), I've heard nothing but good things about you. So, please....accept my apologies if it came off like I was accusing you of anything. It's just that, with all the people on here that do their best to help people out....it irks me when some of the members make other members feel stupid over things that some folks had no control over. I know how I'd feel if I had paid over $200 and somebody was laughing at ME. After all the kindness that was shown to me....in a way, I consider this comunity like a family. And if somebody laughs at somebody in my family....they're laughing at me. I hope ya'll understand. See what happens when you're nice to a brotha like me? Dammit, y'all are in trouble now..... :p

By the way...I'm VERY excited that they're re-releasing the Roys. I, too, hope that they release the 1S in the TV colors and also make it available with the FP. Wish they'd re-release the other 1/48s as well. Think there's any chance they'd re-release the LV as well? I know it's limited addition.....but, I didn't even find out about the 1/48s until July...and I can't see paying somebody more than twice what the toy origionally went for (but, that thing is NICE). However, I'd love the opportunity to add that to my collection....even if it is at the expense of somebody's christmas gift. :lol:

Edited by mantisfists

Sold! ...if that happens. I was one of the noobs to have missed out on roy the second time.. But I did end up with a low vis so I'm happy. I just need to get some cash together.

I probably would not have ended up buying a tv 1j super max if I'd have known yamato were going to release more roys in the future. That's life I suppose.. Live and learn..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

One again Yamato re-issues something that people demanded and killed the inflated prices of those in control of the supply.

Although it is good for the new collectors that didn't get a chance on the toy..

I believe this trend is quickly killing the macross collectors. Many people whom I talk to stop collecting because the toys don't hold value anymore and not sought after when Yamato over-releases different color scheme versions and gets huge price cuts on ebay..

Also no collector wants to take the risk and buy them, when the prices keep falling due to over supply.

Yamato once said many times that certain toys are "limited edition" only to turn around and re-issue them like crazy and kill their values.

I don't buy any yamato toys until they hit a bottom price then pick them up. There's no need to over-pay for them... it'll just get re-issued again...

The same can't be said for Bandai and Takatokus which also taken hits because yamato toys affected their value too.

Yeah but it's easy if you are a collector.

But for every dollar the collectors make, that is potential money being taken away from the company making those toys, so collectors should always be ready for that risk. And if they are a small company, they'll need that profit to make newer toys so we can all get off the vf1s and onto something else right? Every business does this: milk whatever they can to increase profit to capitalise on growing interest.

Popular toys never get rare unless the companies making them dies and there are no more toys being made anymore.

I agree with that guy who mentioned that fans should support and help each other out, and not purposely gloat that they have something else nobody else has or didn't have to pay inflated price for it.

It's not our fault the fanbase grows after a small resurgence of interest in old tv series or a particular item is in high demand and companies are greedy. If the future was predictable and we had time machines we'd all be rich men.

I personally would love to see these toys released locally instead of having to pay import prices for them, and then on top of that, pay some collector a massive amount just because they can charge me that. If I can't have it, I simply will spend my money on something else. But that's just me.

And anyway, think of it this way: if you are a collector, the lower price just means you can collect more of them, and cash in sometime in the long future when they become almost like antiques. (like comic books in mint condition from the 50s)

any percieved money or value you think you are losing now, could be nothing compared to what you might make in the long term. There is always some rich guy with loads of cash who didn't take good care of his toys and doesn't care how much he has to spend on something that no longer can be found. To us poor ppl, the large amount to pay means nothing to them.

There is always some rich guy with loads of cash who didn't take good care of his toys and doesn't care how much he has to spend on something that no longer can be found.

Aint that the truth! <_<

I'm a Macross collector, and it doesn't kill me. I don't sell off the toys unless I have a good reason.

I guess there's two types of collectors, the type that buys valkyries for fandom reasons, and the ones that collect them for their monetary worth in the future.

Yeah but the first type is kind of weird. Because when you have something no one else has, and start gloating about it, and then shoving it everyone's faces :D along comes the second type to tempt the the fan into selling it but taking away that feeling of being special for owning the rare item. It's like a struggle as a fan to hold onto a precious 'one of a kind' item versus making a small fortune. If you are a fan, you'd keep it, but that money sure is tempting.

With rare videogames you at least have emulators and pirates ruining the value, but with toys, comics, autographed sports equipment etc... another matter entirely. Do you want to be special or make a profit?

There's also the question of: is the item really rare (like a comic book from the 50s) or just in current short supply to drive demand up by the company who makes it or because that item is popular? A lot of people don't differentiate between the two because they are impatient and want the best deal NOW.

Like I say about the time machine, we'd all be rich if we all knew what was going to happen. Sometimes you feel like you just bought something you don't want, (Ironically, I only bought low vis because roy was sold out) but in years to come, it could be worth a lot if you just hold onto to it. As forest gump used to say about boxes of choclates..

Yeah but it's easy if you are a collector.

But for every dollar the collectors make, that is potential money being taken away from the company making those toys, so collectors should always be ready for that risk. And if they are a small company, they'll need that profit to make newer toys so we can all get off the vf1s and onto something else right? Every business does this: milk whatever they can to increase profit to capitalise on growing interest.

Popular toys never get rare unless the companies making them dies and there are no more toys being made anymore.

I agree with that guy who mentioned that fans should support and help each other out, and not purposely gloat that they have something else nobody else has or didn't have to pay inflated price for it.

It's not our fault the fanbase grows after a small resurgence of interest in old tv series or a particular item is in high demand and companies are greedy. If the future was predictable and we had time machines we'd all be rich men.

I personally would love to see these toys released locally instead of having to pay import prices for them, and then on top of that, pay some collector a massive amount just because they can charge me that. If I can't have it, I simply will spend my money on something else. But that's just me.

And anyway, think of it this way: if you are a collector, the lower price just means you can collect more of them, and cash in sometime in the long future when they become almost like antiques. (like comic books in mint condition from the 50s)

any percieved money or value you think you are losing now, could be nothing compared to what you might make in the long term. There is always some rich guy with loads of cash who didn't take good care of his toys and doesn't care how much he has to spend on something that no longer can be found. To us poor ppl, the large amount to pay means nothing to them.

Your idea of something that cost the cheapest and easiest to obtain, that's the item people care least about...

You take it away, it becomes interesting...

If you look at Star Wars.. most of those big sized Episode 1+2 action figures are selling for $5.99 - 9.99 at Toys R Us, nobody wants them anymore.

This is the result of over-producing against demand.

Same thing happened with the Bandai 1/55 reissues, many of them start selling at $70 end up selling for $40 and nobody wants them because they produce too many, more than enough for every fan.

It ruins the fun.

People collect because there's a "challenge" to searching and timing every purchase.

If Yamato were to release every Macross toy and have enough stock to last a life-time, nobody would ever collect them anymore because there's no "challenge."

That's the problem...

It rarely has anything to do with being a fan...

Have you actually see some ridiculous item being sold for lots of money on ebay because it was "rare?"

Edited by Protoplast

Yeah but the first type is kind of weird. Because when you have something no one else has, and start gloating about it, and then shoving it everyone's faces :D along comes the second type to tempt the the fan into selling it but taking away that feeling of being special for owning the rare item. It's like a struggle as a fan to hold onto a precious 'one of a kind' item versus making a small fortune. If you are a fan, you'd keep it, but that money sure is tempting.

With rare videogames you at least have emulators and pirates ruining the value, but with toys, comics, autographed sports equipment etc... another matter entirely. Do you want to be special or make a profit?

There's also the question of: is the item really rare (like a comic book from the 50s) or just in current short supply to drive demand up by the company who makes it or because that item is popular? A lot of people don't differentiate between the two because they are impatient and want the best deal NOW.

Like I say about the time machine, we'd all be rich if we all knew what was going to happen. Sometimes you feel like you just bought something you don't want, (Ironically, I only bought low vis because roy was sold out) but in years to come, it could be worth a lot if you just hold onto to it. As forest gump used to say about boxes of choclates..

Well, I don't know about shoving it in everyone's faces. :rolleyes: But I bought my collection for one reason only: because I like Macross.

Protoplast Posted on Oct 9 2004, 11:04 PM

I believe this trend is quickly killing the macross collectors. Many people whom I talk to stop collecting because the toys don't hold value anymore and not sought after when Yamato over-releases different color scheme versions and gets huge price cuts on ebay..

I agree with KENSEI on this one. This kind of trend is definitely good for true MAC fans and collectors 'coz it gives 'em a chance to pick up on something they might have missed out on earlier, which is the case with me. And let's not forget about those folks who are just starting to get into the MACROSS phenomenon. This is a wonderful opportunity for them also.

Edited by connor99

It rarely works that way in real life.

More isn't better...

It's called diminishing returns.

I rather have 10 of the best Macross toy ever made than 100 different ones.

It rarely works that way in real life.

More isn't better...

It's called diminishing returns.

I rather have 10 of the best Macross toy ever made than 100 different ones.

Well, it hasn't been ten years or more down the track yet. So let the guys have another run. At the same time we want to share the Macross goodness around, and expand the Macross fanbase further even. That's what this site is all about. I would like to have Macross shared by the majority of the anime otakus, rather than having it the world's best kept secret.

Of course, producing too much like those star wars toys, now that's another story entirely. I see the end of the reissues somewhere in sight, but not now. It's too soon I think.

Neova and Haterist.....if it seemed like I was getting on you for advising people to get the 1Ss while people could, I'm sorry.  That is in no way what I was trying to say.  As Kensei said (we seem to be agreeing on a lot, eh....sounds like a future ally to me :p  ), you were offering the best advice at the time.  In fact...I agreed with you.  You were both trying to HELP people with your advice.  In no way was I trying to imply that either one of you were treating anybody wrongly.  Haterist....you were the cat that helped answer my first stupid question....and, Neova....while I've never (yet) had the opportunity to do business with you (I was going to grab one of the super 1/48 1Js, but you'd just sold out  :(  ), I've heard nothing but good things about you.  So, please....accept my apologies if it came off like I was accusing you of anything.  It's just that, with all the people on here that do their best to help people out....it irks me when some of the members make other members feel stupid over things that some folks had no control over.  I know how I'd feel if I had paid over $200 and somebody was laughing at ME.  After all the kindness that was shown to me....in a way, I consider this comunity like a family.  And if somebody laughs at somebody in my family....they're laughing at me.  I hope ya'll understand.  See what happens when you're nice to a brotha like me?  Dammit, y'all are in trouble now..... :p

By the way...I'm VERY excited that they're re-releasing the Roys.  I, too, hope that they release the 1S in the TV colors and also make it available with the FP.  Wish they'd re-release the other 1/48s as well.  Think there's any chance they'd re-release the LV as well?  I know it's limited addition.....but, I didn't even find out about the 1/48s until July...and I can't see paying somebody more than twice what the toy origionally went for (but, that thing is NICE).  However, I'd love the opportunity to add that to my collection....even if it is at the expense of somebody's christmas gift. :lol:

Hey no offense taking and none implied.

I was just saying while some of us did try to get the message across to buy now, we also didn't agree with the ridiculing of the fans that paid up the ass for the toy they wanted. In the end, the fans did win regardless of paying more or less since they have obtained what they wanted. To them, having the valkyrie itself is more valuable than the price they paid.

So in essense I agree with you agreeing about us telling fans to get em while they can. :D

I'm a collector in some ways but not for monetary reasons. I collect Macross because I'm a fan of it. Period. Same for my other hobbies including other toys.

While some MW'ers worry about a Valkyrie glut devaluing the market, I say bring it on. There are still more customs to be made, not to mention all those "squardron builders" among us. :D There will be enough Macross fans to soak up this last re-issue with no problem.

After we see who builds the biggest custom squardrons, the value of those MIB Valkyries will go back up again. Yamato is doing both us and them a favor while adding a boost to their pockets. Its a vicouse cycle but as long as the fans win, who cares right? :D

Edited by Neova