He-Man in bullet time

JELEINEN

Hmmm... my reaction was the exact opposite.

Of course, I was at that age where He-Man could never be cool. He was just a weird crappy overdeveloped fruity type. GI Joe was far his superior.

But when I heard the news I thought - "man, that will suck."

And "John Woo has officially hit the crapper, hasn't he?"

And then, "Will He-man face Skeletor at swordpoint, having a long discussion about how they are essentially the same and revolving before fighting like ballet dancers when doves are released in the background?"

Ew.

Yeah, the cartoon was aimed at kids younger than I was when it came out, so I never got into it. The newer cartoons looked beautiful, but the stories were retched. Woo's done some good stuff, so I think there's hope for a new live action He-Man. Plus, I figure it can't be worse than the Dolf Lungram film that came out.

Hmmm... my reaction was the exact opposite.

Of course, I was at that age where He-Man could never be cool.  He was just a weird crappy overdeveloped fruity type.  GI Joe was far his superior.

But when I heard the news I thought - "man, that will suck."

And "John Woo has officially hit the crapper, hasn't he?"

And then, "Will He-man face Skeletor at swordpoint, having a long discussion about how they are essentially the same and revolving before fighting like ballet dancers when doves are released in the background?"

Ew.

But then you get to see the Attack Trak blow up, and the Battle Ram blow up and Wind Raider blow up and Castle Gray Skull blow up, and Snake Mountain blow up, and the Battle Cat counts as a vehicle, so he blows up, and then Panthro blows up...

Hey Exo,

Don't forget Orko...oops, he blew up!

He doesn't blow up, he gets killed slowly while Adam watches and is unable to turn into He-Man because they took the sword away from him... see they made Teela switch faces with Evil Lynn... and...

:rolleyes:

:lol:

yeah... I watched a lot of He-Man... it was on right before GI Joe... and after Robotech :unsure: , what's a 13 year old zit-face to do???

Edited by >EXO<

"Conan was created by Robert E. Howard, who wrote novels based on the legendary barbarian. Eventually Marvel acquired the rights to create comic book adaptions of Conan, which would lead to more than 250 issues over more than 3 series.

For the He-man/Masters of the Universe fans out there, He-man was originally supposed to be Conan, but when Mattel saw the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie's violence they quickly changed Conan to He-man and thus was born an entirely different story."

He-Man = Rip off of Conan, therefore:

CROM laughs at your Masters of the Universe.

I think that's an unconfirmed rumor. Plus, how many big buff guys with swords were out there before Conan?

No, I think the Agent man is right. When the guys that run He-Man.org repeat the story, I think it's likely accepted as fact.

According to several sources, Masters of the Universe began life as a proposed line of Conan the Barbarian toys, to tie in with the 1982 movie. These same sources report that Mattel likely changed its mind due to the R rating of the movie and the general air of 'sex and violence' associated with the character of Conan.

Edit: when I woke up this morning, I never for second imagined that I'd be looking up He-Man.org. Well, here I am now posting that crap. Who knew?

Edited by bsu legato

Oh gosh. :blink: The funniest time in my NROTC 3/C summer cruise was when I was on this crappy frigate watching the original movie in the mess hall. When He-Man busted out the sword and yelled "I HAVE THE POWER!!!" all of us we ROFLOAO for about 5 min. Gosh Hollywood needs some better ideas <_< - at least they're making a Fatal Frame movie. :)

I think that's an unconfirmed rumor. Plus, how many big buff guys with swords were out there before Conan?

No, I think the Agent man is right. When the guys that run He-Man.org repeat the story, I think it's likely accepted as fact.

According to several sources, Masters of the Universe began life as a proposed line of Conan the Barbarian toys, to tie in with the 1982 movie. These same sources report that Mattel likely changed its mind due to the R rating of the movie and the general air of 'sex and violence' associated with the character of Conan.

Edit: when I woke up this morning, I never for second imagined that I'd be looking up He-Man.org. Well, here I am now posting that crap. Who knew?

Thanks for finding that.

But Panthro was the only cool one... he had an ebonic vibe to him... waitaminute - Panthro was a thundercat. >EXO< is tricksy! :p

Lotsa buff guys may run around with swords, but Conan is the template by which all latecomers are judged. He-Man is kiddyfied ripoff.

Not to mention, you have to wonder about a guy who hangs out with a fellow named "Ram-Man". Muscular guys, all running around in little briefs. Even his Man-At-Arms had quite the YMCA-style moustache happening. I'm not saying anything... but methinks He-Man might have a flair for home decorating.

post-26-1097086393.gif

Thanks for finding that.

I've seen He-Man.org.... but I dunno. Maybe if Hasbro.com said it, I would buy it 100%.

I used to read He-Man.org. :p

In any case, aside from the fact that they're big guys with swords running around doing things... they're quite different. I mean, I'm no He-Man fanboy, but lets wait 2 seconds before calling something a ripoff.

Oh, and He-Man really sucked to begin with. When you're 5, its awesome... but now its super corny. John Woo can do nothing but good things to He-Man. Especially with Dolph Lundgren and his "What not to do.." example. :D

A role in this movie could be just the thing to break his Star Trek: Voyager typecasting for Robert Duncan McNeil :D

Cyc (who now thanks to this thread and whole John Woo thing is now remembering far, far, far, far, far too much about that movie)

But Panthro was the only cool one... he had an ebonic vibe to him... waitaminute - Panthro was a thundercat. >EXO< is tricksy! :p

Lotsa buff guys may run around with swords, but Conan is the template by which all latecomers are judged. He-Man is kiddyfied ripoff.

Not to mention, you have to wonder about a guy who hangs out with a fellow named "Ram-Man". Muscular guys, all running around in little briefs. Even his Man-At-Arms had quite the YMCA-style moustache happening. I'm not saying anything... but methinks He-Man might have a flair for home decorating.

That and when he wasn't He-man he wore a pink shirt with bright purple tights and fluffy boots. Holy Jesus. No wonder he called himself He-Man. Where else would he get his self-assurance?

Asside from the fact that He-Man is a sissy rip-off of Conan, even if they did do a movie, who the hell would they get to play He-Man?

The Rock?

Actually that wouldn't be so bad. I actually think the Rock is a tallented guy.

The Rock certainly has the right skin tone, that's for sure. Why is He-Man so tanned, but Prince Adam is pasty white?

Because in the brief moments between pointing at Castle Greyskull and shouting "I have the poweeeeeer!", Adam runs off with the Queer Eye Guys for some "me time" at a sunless tanning salon.

Maybe he rubs tanning lotion before the lightning hits him when he turns into He-Man... :lol: It was the age of "You look Mah-velous...."

Instead of doves, Woo can use the Sorceress to fly threw the door in slo-mo in the film's finale gunfight... er... "laser" fight....