Yamato Stand!

Kamineko

Hey good idea, is that point strong enough to hold it for extended periods though?

It should be, the surface area is essentially the entire back of the Yammie. My goal with this is to be able to get some measurements off this and eventually make the mount actually clamp onto the diecast portion of the 1/48. The one drawback to this setup is that the legs are extremely floppy.

:p i love it i think i have to get one of these

how then, are you going to detach the valk from the stand?

Toonz the bolt is in the base of the yamato stand to keep it hooked to the wall that it is attached to, not the valk itself it looks like the wire simply wraps around the valk and holds it in place and can simply be unhooked. i am definetly liking that

And to be really safe, put a big cushion under it. Permanently. :p

That looks awesome. The stand should have been designed to display Valks like that in the first place.

Although it looks better upside down, or sideways, to make it look more like the movie.

The joints of the stand are too weak to support the weight of the 1/48 at any extreme angle. I am tempted to glue the stand in a fixed position.

You can get it upside down if you just leave it on your desktop . . .

post-25-1096433991.jpg

Man... each day you guys find a new way to make me feel more unimaginative...

I just looked and set the thing up right side up... so stupid...

:lol:

Great job, looks good.

if you are going to do yours as well please post pics :) i want to do the same for mine but i need to get the stand first,