1/48 Low-Vis Strike VF-1A with Ground Crew

Sephiroth

I just got around to painting a few of the in-scale ground crew figures. For some reason, it took nearly a year for the local hobby shop to finally get the Hasegawa 1/48 ground crew sets in ( set A and B ) since I first ordered them. <_< I didn't paint them in the orange uniforms that I noticed a few modelers have been using as I wanted to use a color more in line with my low-vis pilot. I even used a few small kite and skull stickers for an extra touch of detail.

1061695830012_VF_1A_LV_Dio_640.jpg

Has anyone else purchased the Hasegawa 1/48 scale ground crew to compliment their Yamato 1/48s? If so, I'd love to see some pics. I love dioramas! :lol:

Edited by Sephiroth

OMG Sithlord,

That blueprint looks kick ass. If it didn't take too much shelve space I'de probably ask you permission to make it like yours. Mine is not nearly as detailed as yours, it's actually inspired be the Yamato stand that Graham showed a while ago to make us sufer...when we only saw 1/48s in our dreams... Damn you Graham...

Ahem !...

Looks hyper cool, I'll post picks later.

Nice sets, guys.

Sithlord: Holy crap! If you ever get around to making that thing, please please please post pics in progress a la wm cheng for the rest of us. Very cool idea about that motor, too, btw. I for one would love to see you build it.

Hey Monty any chance of you putting spot lights on your diorama. Man I've been wanting to do a 1/48 diorama for the longest. I've got all the accessories and support vehicles to pull off what Yamato did and probably even better here's a couple of pics of what will hopefully become tangible and not limited to the figment of my imagination.

If you want a good source of spotlights (actual lights that can be used in a diorama), try an automotive parts store. Some of them have these weird dash lights, that are basically small canisters (about a 1/4" in diameter) with a LED inside, that hooks up to your cigarette lighter. I've got a set (they come in different color LED's - blue and white at least), and I just need to make the platform that I want to mount them to, to put a mech on (basically, have them on the ground, and pointing up, illuminating the mech). Great plans sith - can't wait to see it built (and feel free to ask if you need any help with the mechanical moving bits - being a mechanical designer, it's what I do! ).

Edited by fulcy

I haven't got a 1/48 yet, so this may seema dumb question to some: Montarvillois is the ladder on your valk something that comes with it or is it from somewhere else, and where did you get it?

I'm not exactly sure where it came from (i just can't remeber...) but I think it came from a f14 kit I built a while ago.

Hey Sephiroth,

Is the things that carrying the gun pod a accessary comes with Optimus Prime?

:rolleyes:

Yup, that's a Roller from a G1 Optimus Prime that I used. The Yamato pilots actually fit nicely in it as well.

Hell yeah. Roller in da house. ;)

absolutely insane. way cool, guys.

the details make all the difference.

don't know if this has been asked already, but has anyone tried to duplicate the back of the old bandai 1/55 strike-valkyrie box?

that'd be so sweet to see it updated in 1/48 scale.

:):):):):)

Nice pic,

dr_vandermeer, is there a way I could get a bigger scan of this image, looks interesting.

thanks

actually that's one of the things that I like about my MPCs, is the fact that Toynami took the time to put any thought into having a ladder at all, it's like the rubber tires, it's a small thing but it's a nice little touch, it'd be like adding a bomb-cart, a tractor, or an APU to the next 1/48 or giving the pilot some ability to move, just a nice little extra.

P.S. I'll admit though if anyone knows where to find a ladder like that let me know

Edited by 0Coota0