Milia Cosplayer

JELEINEN

Sticking to the subject of Macross cosplay, here's some Hong Kong cosplay from a comic convention earlier this year.

First up, a Hikaru type VF-1J battroid. This cosplayer obviously used the first issue Yamato 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru toy as a reference, as just like the toy he incorrectly has a DYRL pilot in the cockpit :D

Actually, seeing this I don't know whether to laugh or cry B))

Graham

Sticking to the subject of Macross cosplay, here's some Hong Kong cosplay from a comic convention earlier this year.

First up, a Hikaru type VF-1J battroid. This cosplayer obviously used the first issue Yamato 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru toy as a reference, as just like the toy he incorrectly has a DYRL pilot in the cockpit :D

Actually, seeing this I don't know whether to laugh or cry B))

Graham

I'd laugh so hard that it'd hurt and make me cry! :lol:

the Millia's Helmet looks very good from the one picture, but the flight suit, well I can tell how she made it from a suit much larger,a t least length wise then she needed. The crotch sits way too low and is a dead give away, obviously she got a jump suit, lycra maybe, one size too large and extra long, chopped and dyed it, or used two. I applaud the effort but the result is the low crotch. It would have also looked nicer if she had forgone the heels, sorry but they are stupid in a flight or combat suit, and actually modeled the belt buckle onto a real belt. She obviously has some talent though, so if she put some more time and effort into it I bet she could turn out a really good one.

That VF-1J makes me giggle, obviously he put a lot of effort into it and has some skills but the execution leaves something to be desired.

The hikaru, well he looks to have used a painters smock for the base and then he didn't build up the rest of the suit, if he had it might have looked better, but it would have taken a lot more work.

Edited by Knight26

The Milia costume should fit tightly, not that loose.

And Hikaru's VF-1J, is that silk? :o

The maker(s) of it had put a lot of effort in it though...

it looks like the costume are based on toys, the valk is based on the 1:60 VF-1J. not just the pilot but the panel lines are similar and the Arii Hikaru PVC statue had a gun...

we're through the looking glass, people..

things start getting scarry when we can tell what toy someone based a hidious costume off of...

beware the depths of MW

***edit***

this was my 1000th post.

Edited by KingNor

it looks like the costume are based on toys, the valk is based on the 1:60 VF-1J. not just the pilot but the panel lines are similar and the Arii Hikaru PVC statue had a gun...

things start getting scarry when we can tell what toy someone based a hidious costume off of...

beware the depths of MW

you pretend not to be a fanboy... but you're one of the biggest one... :rolleyes:

First up, a Hikaru type VF-1J battroid. This cosplayer obviously used the first issue Yamato 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru toy as a reference, as just like the toy he incorrectly has a DYRL pilot in the cockpit  :D

Actually, seeing this I don't know whether to laugh or cry  B))

Graham

I'd laugh so hard that it'd hurt and make me cry! :lol:

Same here!! I almost got kicked out of the library. My bad!!! :lol:

beware the depths of MW

you pretend not to be a fanboy... but you're one of the biggest one... :rolleyes:

when i read what you'd posted, i noticed i was thinking the same thing.

don't deny the horror just because you're part of it!

i'm afraid.

Dayum, she did a nice job on Mylene. Especially the guitar.

Yep, she did a great job on the guitar... and her parents did a superb job making her... :lol:

Guys, personally, I have to agree with JELEINEN that this gal who made the Millia did a fine job. In dealing with anime costuming, you have a certain level of interpretation as you're dealing with someone's illustration. As someone who has done costuming for a few years (mainly Star Wars), one has to use what one has in terms of their own physical appearance, skills and resources.

Any ways, here are a few more pictures of this gal at the Altantia, Georgia, Dragon-con 2004 by Cosplay.com photographer, Eurobeat King. You can find more images at his Dragon-Con 2004 (3340 photos) gallery.

Eurobeat King image of Millia cosplayer at Dragon-con 2004

While as much as I enjoy pretty Macross cosplay gals as the next red blooded male :p , my favorite has to be this VF-1S suit that can not only be transformed into all three modes, but one can add strike armor components.

valkyrieup.jpg

phto02.jpg

phto01.jpg

Edited by Chuey

Guys, personally, I have to agree with JELEINEN that this gal who made the Millia did a fine job. In dealing with anime costuming, you have a certain level of interpretation as you're dealing with someone's illustration. As someone who has done costuming for a few years (mainly Star Wars), one has to use what one has in terms of their own physical appearance, skills and resources.

Any ways, here are a few more pictures of this gal at the Altantia, Georgia, Dragon-con 2004 by Cosplay.com photographer, Eurobeat King. You can find more images at his Dragon-Con 2004 (3340 photos) gallery.

18dc3145.JPG

While as much as I enjoy pretty Macross cosplay gals as the next red blooded male :p , my favorite has to be this VF-1S suit that can not only be transformed into all three modes, but one can add strike armor components.

valkyrieup.jpg

phto02.jpg

phto01.jpg

That is ATLANTA, not Alantia. ;) In all my years I grew up in Atlanta and especially when I was at Georgia Tech, I never been to Dragon Con...