Are we ever going to see a Yamato..

blugts

Everyone wants to see a VF this or VF that but I want an SDF-1! Maybe I'm the only SDF-1 lover out there, but I bet Yamato would make a bad ass SDF-1 with opening command tower, cool launching pads, and stuff. Maybe it would be too expensive but i'd drop $500 bucks for one that's at least 2ft tall! Some enemy ships would be cool too.

Graham has already revealed that Yamato WILL make an SDF-1 at some point, but it may be the last Macross item made; sort of like the proverbial icing on the cake. And I remember that it may be the DYRL version, although I can't remember where I read that part.

Ben B)

If Yamato does go ahead and do the DYRL version of the SDF-1,m it's what I would call a "wallet killer" and a "nut buster" Coz after you get it, you're wallet'll be dead, and when the missus finds out, you'r nut's are hers.

If Yamato does go ahead and do the DYRL version of the SDF-1,m it's what I would call a "wallet killer" and a "nut buster" Coz after you get it, you're wallet'll be dead, and when the missus finds out, you'r nut's are hers.

I dunno. I'd personally be a little disapointed if it was much smaller than the 1/60 monster, and this is one item I really wouldn't mind spending the $300+ on (provided it warrants it, but hey - I have no doubts they can deliver).

As for the last item they make for Macross - that'd probably make it potentially years away. They have the Macross Zero stuff to do, and probably more enemy mecha and maybe Destroids coming up. I would imagine that more Macross Plus stuff too would be coming (hoping for 1/48's of the 11, 19, and 21) ...

They seem to be making a mint off of their Macross lines with no signs yet of interest tailing off in sight. You'd think they'd release it sooner rather than later to capitalize on all the current fan interest, especially before we all get jaded and cry 'no mas!.

This is all speculation, btw, and I of course have no idea what they have up their sleeves. I'm just itching for this one - the ultimate Macross centerpiece ...

I recall Graham saying there would be an SDF-1. . . but for the life of me, I can't find where he said that it would be the last Macross toy that Yamato produces.

Sounds like the "telephone game" has taken over.

Purple monkey, dish-washer.

H

I have never said that an SDF-1 is definitely going to be made.

As with many Macross items, it's something which is under consideration for possible future production. Which means it may or may not get made.

My personal opinion is that the chances of seeing an SDF-1 toy from Yamato are only poor to fair as unlike the VF-1, they can't release endless repaints to recover tooling and design costs :p

If it does get made, I'm pretty certain they would make the DYRL version though, rather than the TV version, which suits me fine as IMO the DYRL version looks much better.

Graham

My personal opinion is that the chances of seeing an SDF-1 toy from Yamato are only poor to fair as unlike the VF-1, they can't release endless repaints to recover tooling and design costs :p

If this is the case than why a destroid monster? I think people would be more willing to shell out for a SDF-1 than a monster. I don't remember any monster varients, but at least with the SDF-1 they can make a TV and DYRL version. And that helmet, damn, what crack is the market stratagist on if they think a monster should preceend a SDF-1?