If people don't like the subject of a thread

Wabbit

...Do they have the right to spoil it, bashing people, show their anxiety/hate towards it, causing the thread to get closed every time someone (new) opens one?

Really, almost every Macross 7 thread end up with haters who tries to be funny with their long rants of how bad and gay it is. Sure, flying in a plane with only music instruments IS odd and Basara IS annoying to most people, but only give a friendly advice and don't spoil it for the n00bs. Let them have their own judgement.

Then this thread which some 'oldbies' claim they have had this discussion over and over again in the past. Fine. But some even get hostile and call the ones participating it fools and make such needless fuss like a drama queen to get it closed. Why don't they just ignore the thread and spend time on more important issues? Are they craving for attention, showing their 'superiority'? Are they bored?

I don't know if you, the MW-moderating crew, are willing to do something about it. But these cases where people are acting like little children are affecting my pleasure of being a member of this fine community.

My own rant,

Wabbit

in a way i agree with you...

so you have to undersatnd that for many people macrosssworld is the only place where they can feel superior.

i have asked question regarding things that have been talked about already and i always get the same warm welcome.

see i don't always get the chance to be online all the time. so there are things that i may miss in the forums.

but some of these people always complaining about things, live in these forums i'm guessing they were not very popular in highschool and aren't very popular with the female sex so the only thing they have is macross.

this is part of the reason that they have this hatist attitide, for some reason it makes them feel enpowered, where they cannot be in other social situations.if they cannot be superior in one type of social situation or group, they will indulge in the other.

i actually used this forum to write part of my thesis and the research proved my

argument perfectly.

i'm not trying to hate on anyone but from a psychological view that is the reason. most are not even aware that they do this. a freind and professor of mine has even diagnosed this as a defense mechanism to a kind of social anxiety disorder.

as you may have noticed people will also get very, and unusually upset about the mere mension of ROBOTECH.

well there you go.

i'm sort of in agreement with you.

its like when someone posts, why did you even bother to post this? this thread is so stupid? and phrases of the like. i mean then, why the heck are you posting?

i think people should try and follow a simple rule in life, you got nothing nice to say, don't say it. i don't see why its so hard to see a topic you don't like or think is stupid and leave it be? its really not that hard to not post, especially if you have no interest in the topic or the thread. just move along especially if its been discussed to death.

i'm with you dude.

The psychologizing really isn't helpful.

Moving on,

case #1: gratuitous M7 bashing--has already drawn a comment from Graham in another thread. But in this case, at least at first, the anti-M7 comments were in response to someone asking for opinions. The problems started when someone got annoyed by the tone of the opinions. Only then did the M7 bashers start their usual game.

Both sides at fault, in my view. People should feel free to express their opinions, and to disagree. Once that's done, people need to remember that there's a difference between an argument, mere contradiction, and gratuitous abuse.

case #2: yup. It's annoying when someone posts a FAQ that's just been answered recently, but even the most naive noobish topics are bound to recycle. Since we don't have a pinned FAQ, just link to the earlier thread and things often calm down quickly. In any case, the thread would have dropped off the first page if it weren't for people getting into a meta-argument about how lame it is (isn't).

Edited by ewilen

but some of these people always complaining about things, live in these forums  i'm guessing they were not very popular in highschool and aren't very popular with the female sex so the only thing they have is macross.

this is part of the reason that they have this hatist attitide, for some reason it makes them feel enpowered, where they cannot be in other social situations.if they cannot be superior in one type of social situation or group, they will indulge in the other.

i actually used this forum to write part of my thesis and the research proved my

argument perfectly.

i'm not trying to hate on anyone but from a psychological view that is the reason. most are not even aware that they do this. a freind and professor of mine has even diagnosed this as a defense mechanism to a kind of social anxiety disorder.

People can act different, bolder online rather than in RL, I only hope it's not because they are frustrated.

as you may have noticed people will also get very, and unusually upset about the mere mension of ROBOTECH.

well there you go.

Since Robotech is part of my youth, I can't hate it so much that I go beserk only by the mention of the name. Maybe other people had other experiences or are trying to forget their RT past.

i'm sort of in agreement with you. 

its like when someone posts, why did you even bother to post this?  this thread is so stupid? and phrases of the like.  i mean then, why the heck are you posting?

i think people should try and follow a simple rule in life, you got nothing nice to say, don't say it.  i don't see why its so hard to see a topic you don't like or think is stupid and leave it be?  its really not that hard to not post, especially if you have no interest in the topic or the thread.  just move along especially if its been discussed to death.

i'm with you dude.

Amen brother!

The psychologizing really isn't helpful.

Moving on,

case #1: gratuitous M7 bashing--has already drawn a comment from Graham in another thread. But in this case, at least at first, the anti-M7 comments were in response to someone asking for opinions. The problems started when someone got annoyed by the tone of the opinions. Only then did the M7 bashers start their usual game.

Both sides at fault, in my view. People should feel free to express their opinions, and to disagree. Once that's done, people need to remember that there's a difference between an argument, mere contradiction, and gratuitous abuse.

Yes, it's an action > reaction thing, but you also say: "Only then did the M7 bashers start their usual game.". Making me to believe that some people actualy enjoy to troll, or escalate things in threads and subjects they don't like, which makes it a repeating abuse.

case #2: yup. It's annoying when someone posts a FAQ that's just been answered recently, but even the most naive noobish topics are bound to recycle. Since we don't have a pinned FAQ, just link to the earlier thread and things often calm down quickly. In any case, the thread would have dropped off the first page if it weren't for people getting into a meta-argument about how lame it is (isn't).

If it annoys some people, they can ignore the thread. It can be easily done, just move your mouse away from the title and go on to the other, more to your liking.

I myself am not that old an member, but to my experience, this was the second time someone came up with this subject. The world is not ending with it, so I contributed to the thread like most of the others ("because I have a dream." - MLK). But I see a few members there coming back after their first negative reply, some in a not so nice tone, replying like why it isn't closed, don't be so nerdish, because we say so and other similar reactions.

Are those people moderators? If so, they can close it. Otherwise, just stay out and let the n00bs form their own little discussion group and have fun with it. All of them are sane enough to have the common sense that it isn't possible yet to create a transforming jet and test its practicality, but can't they speculate? Fantasize? Is that forbidden?

If there were a sticky, it would be a lot easier, that I agree. Still, abuse is a no-no.

Sorry if any of my sentences aren't right or not understandable, I'm Dutch. :ph34r:

Edited by Wabbit

THIS THREAD SUCKS! CLOSE IT!!!

:lol:

Just kidding Wabbit... I agree with what you're saying... if there's a current thread open that deals with similar subjects then I can understand not having another open. If something is already covered in the FAQs. Or if another thread can be pointed that completely answers the question. But the whole M7 thing is ridiculous. Like it or not it's part of Macross and Macross 7 fans should be allowed to speak their mind freely, but around here it gets treated like Robotech, which clearly is not allowed unless it's in the Other Anime Section. There are certain aspects of M7 I happen to like, some I hate. I hate Shin from Maross 0 as much as I hate Basara, but I don't go in and destroy every Macross 0 thread there is. I just avoid the TV/ Movie section altogether now.

If someone asks the open ended M7 question, they are going to get my answer. I hate it. I hate the thought that I could possibly be assiciated with something that lame by anyone who comes here and only hears from the M7 fans only. I must bring balance to the universe.

Here we go again.

The reactions from both sides are pretty funny.

Like I said before when I'm bored to tears I'll write a 50 page essay on the topic. Until then entertain me with in reason people.

Of course the above comments will be twisted by both sides to fit their agruement.

Really, almost every Macross 7 thread end up with haters who tries to be funny with their long rants of how bad and gay it is.

let me guess...Agent One got to you, huh? :p

i can't speak for him directly, but he really means nothing by it. 99% of what he posts is just him having fun, its never really about trying to start beef with anyone. his "girlie man" antics seem to get under a lot of peoples skin but he just playing around...i think? :unsure:;) hes the kind of guy you either love him or you hate him....i'm still kind of on the fence about that one. :p:D:lol:

my advice, take his and others people posts with a grain of salt. you getting worked up about something only encourages more trash talking fromt eh trash talk-ee. if it doesn't have to do with your topic/question directly, just ignore it and it'll go away. :)

If someone asks the open ended M7 question, they are going to get my answer. I hate it. I hate the thought that I could possibly be assiciated with something that lame by anyone who comes here and only hears from the M7 fans only. I must bring balance to the universe.

Could it be that you're just waiting for that open ended question to arise though, even at it's slightest hint? Even though the original poster didn't ask for personal opinions on M7...

Heck, the last thread wasn't even about M7.

If someone asks the open ended M7 question, they are going to get my answer.  I hate it.  I hate the thought that I could possibly be assiciated with something that lame by anyone who comes here and only hears from the M7 fans only.  I must bring balance to the universe.

Hmm, lessee: full of himself, his ways is the only way, the obsessive-compulsive disorder to react on M7 or bringing it up...

poo, he's Basara incarnated... :blink:

Here we go again.

The reactions from both sides are pretty funny.

Like I said before when I'm bored to tears I'll write a 50 page essay on the topic.  Until then entertain me with in reason people.

Of course the above comments will be twisted by both sides to fit their agruement.

Glad you like it. We all do it to entertain you. B))
Really, almost every Macross 7 thread end up with haters who tries to be funny with their long rants of how bad and gay it is.

let me guess...Agent One got to you, huh? :p

i can't speak for him directly, but he really means nothing by it. 99% of what he posts is just him having fun, its never really about trying to start beef with anyone. his "girlie man" antics seem to get under a lot of peoples skin but he just playing around...i think? :unsure:;) hes the kind of guy you either love him or you hate him....i'm still kind of on the fence about that one. :p:D:lol:

my advice, take his and others people posts with a grain of salt. you getting worked up about something only encourages more trash talking fromt eh trash talk-ee. if it doesn't have to do with your topic/question directly, just ignore it and it'll go away. :)

*readies pack of salt* Agent One is not the only one, though he does act childish if something doesn't appeal to him.

i only picked Agent One cause i know hes an avid mac 7 hater plus he always calling something or other gay. :rolleyes::lol:

if someone says they hate something and that its gay, you also have the choice not to reply to it. again, ignore it and it will go away. by repsonding to it your only feeding ones hate. and we all know, hate leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to suffering. :ph34r: or whatever the heck yoda says in epi2. :D

BTW, you calling him names isn't any better than him dissing mac 7. ;)

*readies pack of salt* Agent One is not the only one, though he does act childish if something doesn't appeal to him.

Ahhh, come on now. Be nice. Maybe if you behave yourself I'll let you feel my muscles at the next con.

Why is it that the little girlie men always want to call me childish? It must be bicep envy. :) I mean seriously these sissy little girlie men are crying and whining about one thing or another and they they say I am childish?!!! HA!

You don't need to bother with one of your loser replies, you can just hear me now and remember me later.

i only picked Agent One cause i know hes an avid mac 7 hater plus he always calling something or other gay. :rolleyes::lol:

if someone says they hate something and that its gay, you also have the choice not to reply to it. again, ignore it and it will go away. by repsonding to it your only feeding ones hate. and we all know, hate leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to suffering. :ph34r: or whatever the heck yoda says in epi2. :D

BTW, you calling him names isn't any better than him dissing mac 7. ;)

I never use the term "gay." I think its unfair to homosexuals to use their term as an insult to something...

Besides calling M7 just simply "gay" is almost too nice.

Ahhh, come on now. Be nice. Maybe if you behave yourself I'll let you feel my muscles at the next con.

Why is it that the little girlie men always want to call me childish? It must be bicep envy. :) I mean seriously these sissy little girlie men are crying and whining about one thing or another and they they say I am childish?!!! HA!

You don't need to bother with one of your loser replies, you can just hear me now and remember me later.

typical(politically correct) A1 response, i love it! :lol:

I'm not your bitch if that is what you are trying to say nor am I intimidated by your muscles, Johnny Bravo.

Come with real arguments why you must spoil it for others and can't act sane if it does not fit in your picture.

Is it territory drift, anxiety, you have to compensate for something else, or just playing around not realizing people can have different opinions than you...

People bash other things all the time and nothing is done. If we ban bashing Macross 7 then we need to ban bashing Robotech. No more double standards please! Please note neither title is my cup of tea :p

Paint smear on Toynami= QC F'up

Paint smear on a Yammi= Beauty mark

Edited by Myriad

People bash other things all the time and nothing is done. If we ban bashing Macross 7 then we need to ban bashing Robotech. No more double standards please! Please note neither title is my cup of tea  :p

Paint smear on Toynami= QC F'up

Paint smear on a Yammi= Beauty mark

That's a whole different cup of tea...

Most of the crap RT takes from MW is because it's posted in the wrong place or people troll for some kind of justification even though they know the majority of the people here hate Robotech. It even says not to defend RT or recieve heat in the guides and rules. Skullone took that rule to the heart and that's why he's gone, but what little heat people get now is well deserved. If we were nice to noobies about that mistake they're sure took take advantage. Try not to simplify it with your little quip about paint smears. I get as pissed at crappy Yamato paint as I do with Toynami's.

Edited by >EXO<

Then this thread which some 'oldbies' claim they have had this discussion over and over again in the past. Fine. But some even get hostile and call the ones participating it fools and make such needless fuss like a drama queen to get it closed. Why don't they just ignore the thread and spend time on more important issues? Are they craving for attention, showing their 'superiority'? Are they bored?

Well, since you happen to be responding to what I said, which was in response to Duke's comment, let me ask, why do you care what I said? Did it affect the topic of that thread? No. People still went on with the topic of the tread. It wasn't until Skull Leader, brought it back up, and then A1 happened to have responded to what I said, did this whole thing pop back up. The thread is still going without anybody needlessly ranting so what's the problem? Every thread is going to have some mindless comments, but instead of telling people to not post if they have nothing to contribute, you could do yourself a favor, save yourself the drama of ranting, and ignore the mindless comments in that thread. It's a double-edge sword. Live with it. :)

That's a whole different cup of tea...

Most of the crap RT takes from MW is because it's posted in the wrong place or people troll for some kind of justification even though they know the majority of the people here hate Robotech. It even says not to defend RT or recieve heat in the guides and rules. Skullone took that rule to the heart and that's why he's gone, but what little heat people get now is well deserved. If we were nice to noobies about that mistake they're sure took take advantage. Try not to simplify it with your little quip about paint smears. I get as pissed at crappy Yamato paint as I do with Toynami's.

:p

Meh, you thin-skinned ladies just need to learn to suck it up and take it like men instead of throwing a sissy fit over something someone said on the internet. :rolleyes:

Your mother is ugly as hell and your father 'plays' with your little sister.

Relax! It's just the internet! :rolleyes:

Meh, you thin-skinned ladies just need to learn to suck it up and take it like men instead of throwing a sissy fit over something someone said on the internet. :rolleyes:

Your mother is ugly as hell and your father 'plays' with your little sister.

Relax! It's just the internet! :rolleyes:

That's what I said as I farted in your general direction. :p

Yep. That's what I think. We have some real babies around here.

We're all collecting toys here and even (figure)dolls in MW. Not to mention we're watching animated film. We men are ALL babies here, like you.

I only comment on the badmouthing here, I'm not a christian, just wanted to point out to use their minds when dealing with others.

But hey, some people don't want to, which are the babies anyway? :)

It's going nowhere now, we're only calling eachother names in the end. I can live with the fact that even on this forum there are genuine pigskinned selfish Basaras, too stupid to get past their pumped up ego.

Mods, feel free to close it.

TRANSLATION:

I now look like a biatch to all of my peers. I am ashamed and want to jump off of a bridge. Please close this thread so I don't have to see the reminder of the fact that I am a 'panty waste' anymore.

TRANSLATION:

I now look like a biatch to all of my peers. I am ashamed and want to jump off of a bridge. Please close this thread so I don't have to see the reminder of the fact that I am a 'panty waste' anymore.

You're not worth it.

...Do they have the right to spoil it, bashing people, show their anxiety/hate towards it, causing the thread to get closed every time someone (new) opens one?

Really, almost every Macross 7 thread end up with haters who tries to be funny with their long rants of how bad and gay it is. Sure, flying in a plane with only music instruments IS odd and Basara IS annoying to most people, but only give a friendly advice and don't spoil it for the n00bs. Let them have their own judgement.

I don't know if you, the MW-moderating crew, are willing to do something about it. But these cases where people are acting like little children are affecting my pleasure of being a member of this fine community.

My own rant,

Wabbit

Hee. Oldbies.

I guess I'm coming up on "Ancientbies" because I can't even get worked up enough to care about yet another "why isn't everyone nice to each other all the time" thread.