Our Homemade Minmay Glass Portrait

Valk009

Hi guys,

A friend of mine, together with me have been working on this little gem for quite some time now (mostly weekends) and now it is finally done!

What do you guys think?

The first one measures 20 x 20 cm and the second one 20 x 30.

post-5-1094181220_thumb.jpg

The draft was scanned into the computer, edited and modified as some desgins cannot be mad due to the nature of the glass.

Then comes the fun part, carving into the glass :D

This is a real trial and error situation as sometimes when you think you got it right the glass just cracks right in front of your eyes and it is all over again ;) Success rate is a good 70%

The small Minmay portrait was pretty straight forward and got it in one go :p but the bigger version took us three times!

Here is the second one!

hmm,

could you make me one of this? or if possible an Ishtar one

(based on a largr image of the attachment)

just tell me a price and all (including shipping to europe) so I could say yes(I have that money for that) or no (too expensive to little ol' me)

post-5-1094201608.jpg

Hi guys,

I have got quite a few request since posting up this thread regarding these glass portraits.

My friend and I are thinking of making a small run for interested parties but it will all depend on the amount of interest, time, price etc...

We will also be accepting commission works in a later stage!

As for now, have a look at some of our other works and will get back very soon with prices for the pieces!

Here is Rei from EVA!

post-5-1094444030_thumb.jpg

Whoow, that first Minmay and the Eva girls look very nice!

Okay guys, we will be taking in limited orders soon for these glass portraits, want to keep these exclusive and to be honest they are a pain to make :p

We are now just doing some final calculations on cost! Expect the small sized portrait to be around US$70 and the large US$85 exc. shipping; trying to find a cheaper supplier and hoping to buy the raw material in bulk to bring the cost further down because shipping and insurance will be a bummer (glass is heavy and fragile!).

:)