Zeta Gundam

j_wong00

I wanna get from Rightstuf, my deal is, do they charge ya now, or do they charge ya when they get the shipment....cause I'd have to transfer funds from Savings to checking......and I'm probably going too Gamestop and get an Xbox or something today......so I really wish I'd known -_-

I wanna get from Rightstuf, my deal is, do they charge ya now, or do they charge ya when they get the shipment....cause I'd have to transfer funds from Savings to checking......and I'm probably going too Gamestop and get an Xbox or something today......so I really wish I'd known -_-

they charge when the item is shipped. get a get anime membership and you'll save an additional 10%

my question is..just how good is this Zeta for someone who has not seen a single ep of gundam in any of its incarnations?

Got mine from Twinmoons tonight, I talk to Tam alot and asked him today if he were to get the box set and it's a pretty good price, not too mention great shipping as well. lil over 148 bucks but it's coming 3 day mail when it arrives in November...god first Robotech invasion, than Zeta Gundam, than PG Strike......my pocket is gonna be down for some time.

Oh by the way, Zeta gundam from what I've seen (all but the final episode) is actually a very nice series! Although I'd diffenetly recommend you atleast watch the 0079 trilogy movies before seeing Zeta, gotta have atleast a bit of knowledge of the UC world before Zeta or else things don't relaly come to light that well.

Edited by Hikuro

Zeta is the pinacle of Gundam to date, doubtful it will ever be dethroned. And it's definately reccomended you check out the 0079 movie set first, though for $60 you can put a presale down & get all 3 movies, the 08th MS movie, and Char's Counter Attack in one nice bundle.

Say, wakobi, have you ever ordered from that site you posted? I'm just a bit edgy on deciding whether I should get it from there or not in terms of reliability.

Well i'll admit that this is my first time ordering from them, but everybody else who I know who have ordered from them (including some MW'ers) seemed to have no problem with them. Also, many of the guys on the AOD forums seem to think they're reliable too.

Go on rikiryou, give in to it! :lol:

Oh yeah and don't forget, if you're ordering Zeta from them to use the Zeta discount coupon which you can get from AnimeOnDVD.com.

It all helps! :p

Edited by wakobi

Luck would have it the Gundam Movie Trilogy DVD box is on sale this week for $30 at Right Stuf. Anyone who hasn't seen them yet really need to pick this one up. Then you'll be all set for Zeta.

Edited by Anubis

Great thing is, the movie triology really isn't that different from the TV series honestly. Only really big difference is the G-Armor which was in the series is replaced by the Core-booster which is like a core fighter but with a big booster added on.

The newtype concept is also more elaborated in the movie trilogy than in the serie  :)

Not to mention all those "Monster of the Week" villians were cut out.

Good-bye Zakurello.

Hee hee. So true!

Ah, but the awesome part where the Gundam whips out a plastic bag to protect itself during entry into the atmosphere is cut out too....

New update:

Zeta has been delayed until Nov 30th (from Nov 23rd)....they're just screwing with us now. Since Rightstuf ships as soon as they get stock, I'm not worried.

F-91 has been bumped back up to a 2 disc release with special features, the price will remain the same.

Don't know what help it is, but DeepDiscount DVD seems to have the lowest price for Zeta, with free domestic shipping and, for a price, international shipping too (yah!)

Thanks for the awesome tip. Save me a lot on my Zeta preorder!

I've only read comics of Zeta (which is a super condensed version of the story as it only has 3 volumes), but have always love the mech design & really want to watch the full TV show. Especially when many have said that its the best Gundam show yet after all these years. Almost went for the crappy HK bootleg a year or so ago, but decided to wait. Patience does pay off. :p And now I can get a perfect DVD set with less than $120 shipped. YAY!! :lol:

• 1 month later...

very nice i cannot wait to get it, i already have the rest of the collection, does anyone know what gundam series Bandai is going to pick up next for US distrubition, I already know about F-91 . Bandai seems pretty serious about porting the whole series (with the exception of Turn-A Gundam) to the USA any word yet what will be coming next year?

even though, they are still content with releasing them even now in late 2004 , if not i do not think that Bandai would have made such a expensive box set with extras for Zeta, the F-91 movie and the Gundam movies Boxset if they did not expect some sort of return this year, even if the UC series is not as financially successful with some fans in the usa as is the Alternate timelines. they are still bringing the series over. i am hopeing for the Victory Gundam and Gundam X series next

Edit: god my typing sucks :p

Edited by zeo-mare

:lol: that's not gonna fit on my shelf at all! oh damn!

Only 6 more models to go before I have enough shelf space for that...Dang, looks like it's going to sit on the top of the shelf at my rate of model building....

The excessive box is sure for the figurines. The actual dvd box can be seen on the right side of the package.

Looks a little thin though. Thinpaks or digipak maybe?